#2 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

It's about time Disney acknowledged the prequels still exist!

#3 Mutilator57

Mutilator57

Loyal and Stalwart Defender of Australian Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationA Land of Sunburnt Plains

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:29 AM

Looks pretty nice, but since I didn't bother to purchase the first one, I don't know how much they've changed/improved.

Q. Is it really any different from its predecessot?

"The measure of success is not merchandise, but character" - Calvin Coolidge

"It was treachery...with a smile on its face. Perhaps that was the worst thing of all" - Margaret Thatcher

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever" - Kreia

#4 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:04 AM

For one thing, it has a campaign mode. Additionally, there is more space combat, and there is Clone Wars and Sequel Trilogy content.

#5 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

Looks pretty nice, but since I didn't bother to purchase the first one, I don't know how much they've changed/improved.

Q. Is it really any different from its predecessot?

To be honest, this looks far more different than it looks similar to it's predecessor. The first game was fun, but hardly resembled the original battlefront games (IMO). This game looks much more similar to Battlefront II 2005.

Honestly, it looks really similar in gameplay to the original Battlefront 3 build that was cancelled years ago. I'm also getting some Battlefield 1 vibes from this.

#6 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:04 PM

Campaign mode is all I need. Def getting this.

Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. - Proverbs 4:23

#7 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

Dude, I want to troll people with Jar Jar!

Yes, that's a reference to the Angry Joe's review of Battlefront. Don't judge me!

#8 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

That trailer looks intense. I really like how they have more than one skin for the clones (I saw phase one, two and 501st skins in the trailer). Those clone war battles look great. Finally EA listened as that game looked amazing. So much better than the first. I hope they have plenty of hero's aswell and maybe even a mos eisley hero assault. Looks like my boycott of ea could be coming to an end

I will not make my signature into novellas - SH 2017  :hrhr:  :hrhr:  :hrhr:

#9 dg1995

dg1995

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Unfortunately this game isn't similar to the Original Battlefronts.

It Lacks CPs(Command Posts) and this makes it linear.

It doesn't allow you to enter/Exit vehicles on Map.

And Finally It has Microtransactions for Powerups which means that some guys who buy them will have more Powerful Weapons than Other Players.(It doesn't have the Awesome Powerup System of Battlefront 2)

#10 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Unfortunately this game isn't similar to the Original Battlefronts.
It Lacks CPs(Command Posts) and this makes it linear.
It doesn't allow you to enter/Exit vehicles on Map.
And Finally It has Microtransactions for Powerups which means that some guys who buy them will have more Powerful Weapons than Other Players.(It doesn't have the Awesome Powerup System of Battlefront 2)

Seems to be the way the publishers view us all now, because they have learned there are whales and stupid people out there who love dem microtran$actions.

Why have us pay once for a game, when they can have cashflow all the time? It is a bad state of affairs.

#11 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Seems to be the way the publishers view us all now, because they have learned there are whales and stupid people out there who love dem microtran$actions.

Why have us pay once for a game, when they can have cashflow all the time? It is a bad state of affairs.

I don't like microtransactions, either, but they are a necessary evil in order for us to receive free DLC, and prevent the player base from being fractured once again. And I know for a fact that I would rather have microtransactions to cover the cost of free DLC than a $50 season pass which could fracture the player base.

#12 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

It depends on implementation. I understand they are borrowing some of the badder ideas from ME3MP/AMP, specifically an RNG element to unlocks.

That stuff is tired.

#13 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

It depends on implementation. I understand they are borrowing some of the badder ideas from ME3MP/AMP, specifically an RNG element to unlocks.

That stuff is tired.

Very damn tired. 

I got to play the so called "Alpha" and now the "Beta" and here are my thoughts;
Played this for about an hour, not impressed tbh, it doesn't feel very distinct and I'm so so damn tired of multiplayer games with modifiers
and goddamn loot boxes recently, why can't characters just universally play the same and the rest be up to skill?
I don't think I'll be buying this. I'm immensely tired of the uneven playing field in these games and I refuse to participate in this one.

Why are there no more games where no matter your rank the playing field is always even?

Christ I miss the days of Halo 1,2,3 and the original Battlefront.
At least I can commend 343 Industries Arena Multiplayer for being balanced and having none of this trash every modern shooter seems to, they relegated all that to their "Warzone" mode.

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#14 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Not sure if any one else has heard about this but the only way to unlock items is through buying loot boxes. You have to pay to progress.

I have cancelled my pre-order of the game and given them very explicit reasons why. I am not forking out 60 dollars than paying another $100 to progress through the game. EA took overwatchs idea and took it to an extreme. Thanks but no thanks

Just when I thought nothing could be worse than those stupid micro transactions... EA finds a way. Great way to ruin a decent game >(

I will not make my signature into novellas - SH 2017  :hrhr:  :hrhr:  :hrhr:

#15 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

Good thing I wasn't stupid enough to pre-order, then. I won't even defend the microtransactions at this point with free DLC. I feel sad. :cry:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battlefront, Battlefront II, Star Wars, EA, DICE, Criterion, Lucasfilm, Motive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users