Sign in to follow this  
Roth9

Help to HK-47

Can I also ask who would the second HK Droid replace? The first one would replace Kreia obviously but the second one has no real candidates for party slot (Maybe Bao Dur but he gets overwritten by the remote at Malachor, but I doubt the HK Droid will be useful at that stage). 

My original idea was have the other HK unit turn on you/get destroyed at the end of the level therefore deleting the character from  your party and having him be replaced by the Remote at Malachor. As for the munitions area extra loot, that will happen ;)

Here's what I've got so far:

4sP0QeL.jpg

You find him in the small room next to the munitions area (the one you need to use the pull chain to get in to). I tried to make him look like a mix between the HK-50s and HK-47 - the yellow eyes and the toned down colours. 

S2C92l7.jpg

biYQIzS.jpg

I didn't think it was worth writing much extra dialog for him, since HK-47's not really there to chat.

79Af83C.jpg

To try and make it as straightfoward as possible, HK-48 starts at level 50 and comes fully equipped. I've made it so all his inventory slots are locked too.

It's not finished yet, I've not tested it fully and I've gotten a few problems (such as HK-48 getting stuck behind a locked door when he's needed most, the confrontation with 8 HK-50s)

How did you go about making the HK Factory available for party members?

If you mean how did I unlock the party select screen, I didn't. This is what I used:

AddAvailableNPCByObject(6, oHK48);
AddPartyMember(6, oHK48);

AddPartyMember adds him directly to the current party, so there's no need to use the select screen.

Query: Do they have to be party members? Couldn't they simply be set to follow me around the factory, as they properly should, the same way the game does when you already have a full party?

Example: The Twi'lek you rescue from the base.  Bao Dur's remote (I think that's how it's set up). The soldiers on Onderon during the Battle of Onderon. The Mandalorian that you rescue (I forget who and where). The Mandalorian (I forget whom) that follows you on Dxun during the Battle of Onderon.

I guess they could, but since there's no chance of having a full party during the HK Factory I don't see the point. I think having them as party members in Kreia and Bao-Dur's slots is the best option.

EDIT: Actually, having them as puppets might be beneficial after all. Playing as the HK-48 does seem to mess up certain cutscenes/dialogs a little bit, and having him as a puppet might be easier than fixing all of those individually. Although I don't think a puppet for HK-47 would work if he's the PC? I'll have to check that out.

EDIT: I've just done a quick run through the HK Factory, and HK-48 was able to take down every droid and HK-50 by himself and barely took any damage. Is that too over-powered? I'm thinking of decreasing his level to about 30 or something. Is there a way to make him like the Remote on Malachor where you can't level him up? 

• Like 1

HK-48 is an interesting idea. Some more dialog would be perhaps nice, too, so that we may actually get to know him at least a bit during not-so-long endgame experience. I recall UnusualCharacters doing some quite fine HK-47 voiceovers. Also, he could appear on Malachor as HK-47's sidekick or get destroyed at the end of HK Factory. He also should not appear from nowhere and perhaps you could find him somewhere at the beginning of the HK Factory as a deactivated, retired model. I have also the feeling that HK-48 stucks out too much as a direct replacement for 47 model, HK-49 sounds nicer, but it is up to you.

Some rebalance would be also nice, as the idea seems good, but making it basically an HK Factory Godmode limits potential mod users.

• Like 3

HK-48 is an interesting idea. Some more dialog would be perhaps nice, too, so that we may actually get to know him at least a bit during not-so-long endgame experience. I recall UnusualCharacters doing some quite fine HK-47 voiceovers. Also, he could appear on Malachor as HK-47's sidekick or get destroyed at the end of HK Factory. He also should not appear from nowhere and perhaps you could find him somewhere at the beginning of the HK Factory as a deactivated, retired model. I have also the feeling that HK-48 stucks out too much as a direct replacement for 47 model, HK-49 sounds nicer, but it is up to you.

Some rebalance would be also nice, as the idea seems good, but making it basically an HK Factory Godmode limits potential mod users.

He could appear in the G0-T0/Remote cutscene. I also had the idea that, if HK-47 chooses to activate and build the army of HK-51s, he would leave HK-48 in charge while he heads to Malachor. 

Show us the stats of the HK-48? 

Strength: 18

Dexterity: 18

Constitution: 18

Intelligence: 16

Wisdom: 14

Charisma: 12

Let me know if that could use changing. He also has 20 in every skill except Persuade, Stealth and Treat Injury (he's got 0 in those). I've also given him versions of the Droid Ion Striker, Droid Carbonite Emitter and Droid Unity Grid that have unlimited uses. 

He could appear in the G0-T0/Remote cutscene. I also had the idea that, if HK-47 chooses to activate and build the army of HK-51s, he would leave HK-48 in charge while he heads to Malachor. 

Strength: 18

Dexterity: 18

Constitution: 18

Intelligence: 16

Wisdom: 14

Charisma: 12

Let me know if that could use changing. He also has 20 in every skill except Persuade, Stealth and Treat Injury (he's got 0 in those). I've also given him versions of the Droid Ion Striker, Droid Carbonite Emitter and Droid Unity Grid that have unlimited uses. 

That is only "just" too over powered...lol

Unlimited Uses? and 20 in each skill, yeah that is overpowered ;)

That is only "just" too over powered...lol

Unlimited Uses? and 20 in each skill, yeah that is overpowered ;)

I think I'll lower the stats but keep the unlimited items. That way the player doesn't need to worry about equipping or levelling HK-48. I don't think the skills matter too much since they're not gonna be used much (or at all?) in the HK Factory. 

Moving on, has anyone got ideas for dialog for HK-48? Both for recruiting him and for his in-party conversation. I wrote a quick one where you activate him, the 3 HK-50s watching you comment on what you're doing and then he joins you. It seems fine but I'm wondering if that's too basic? Considering how useful HK-48 will be to have in the factory maybe there should be more steps to recruiting him? 

Moving on, has anyone got ideas for dialog for HK-48? Both for recruiting him and for his in-party conversation. I wrote a quick one where you activate him, the 3 HK-50s watching you comment on what you're doing and then he joins you. It seems fine but I'm wondering if that's too basic? Considering how useful HK-48 will be to have in the factory maybe there should be more steps to recruiting him? 

Maybe you could have to grab a power converter or something from the repair bay to repair him?

EDIT : That is what I am going to do with my version, sorry ;)

Looking forward to some creative writing here.

I think I'll lower the stats but keep the unlimited items. That way the player doesn't need to worry about equipping or levelling HK-48. I don't think the skills matter too much since they're not gonna be used much (or at all?) in the HK Factory. 

I think the HK-48's stats should be exactly the same as HK-47's stats when he is first recruited. Why you may ask: because I think the Level of an NPC affects the NPC's vitality points so having an average Level 26 HK-47 and a Level 50 HK-48 it's an easy guess who's going to die first in a fight and who the players will always play as in this case. Also, the unlimited items I can agree can stay but I don't want HK-48's inventory to be locked, instead you should have him with nothing in the inventory and have the items shown in the screenshot appear in the munitions area armory so the player can collect the items and equip what they want for example if I want HK-48 to wield an Ion Rifle I can do that.

• Like 1

I think the HK-48's stats should be exactly the same as HK-47's stats when he is first recruited. Why you may ask: because I think the Level of an NPC affects the NPC's vitality points so having an average Level 26 HK-47 and a Level 50 HK-48 it's an easy guess who's going to die first in a fight and who the players will always play as in this case. Also, the unlimited items I can agree can stay but I don't want HK-48's inventory to be locked, instead you should have him with nothing in the inventory and have the items shown in the screenshot appear in the munitions area armory so the player can collect the items and equip what they want for example if I want HK-48 to wield an Ion Rifle I can do that.

I agree with this(partially because I can't lock equipment slots).

So I've been doing a little bit of thinking/working on what the relationship between HK-48 and HK-47 should be. My idea so far is that (as a subsequent model of HK droid) HK-48 believes himself to be totally superior to 47, but is still forced to serve him because he's the one who reactivated him. I think that would be an interesting dynamic with the opportunity for some comedic writing.

I'm thinking he should be a bit more deadpan and down-to-earth (as much as a Star Wars character can be) than HK-47 is so there's some contrast between them, but still able to get in a snide remark where able. 

I've not gotten down to any actual writing yet so let me know what you all think of these ideas.

but is still forced to serve him because he's the one who reactivated him.

An alternative would be an alliance against the HK-50s. HK-47 could convice HK-48 that they're the real enemy for both of them :)

I like that you're paying attention to HK-48's personality and its interaction with HK-47. I think this could turn out really well if done properly!

HK-48 could be like a prototype that ended up completely missing the point of HK-47. Like they were trying to recreate HK-47 but failed to get some of the details right. Now HK-47 already describes how the HK-50s  missed the point, I imagine the flaws with HK-48 could be way bigger and more noticable, in a comical way if at all possible. Something to make HK-47 roll his eyes, but not feel threatened at all, unlike with the HK-50s. He could be really silent and literal, maybe because he was made too droid-like without a personality, he could be religiously focused on a very specific meaningless goal, or you could just make him a little stupid :) Just throwing ideas around, maybe one of them will help you out :) Another way they could have missed the mark would be with his voice – a nice ingame explanation for why it's not voice-acted by the same actor.

Fighting the HK-50s is what will bring them together for sure. My current idea is that while 47 hates the HK-50s and wants to destroy them, 48 is in total denial that he's obsolete. He's a bit of a hypocrite in the sense that he's quick to call 47 obsolete but can't accept that he is too. I think they'll start off disliking each other but as they progress through the HK Factory 48 will realise they have a common enemy and they'll become closer. Then at Malachor we can have a scene where we see them together as friends.

Fighting the HK-50s is what will bring them together for sure. My current idea is that while 47 hates the HK-50s and wants to destroy them, 48 is in total denial that he's obsolete. He's a bit of a hypocrite in the sense that he's quick to call 47 obsolete but can't accept that he is too. I think they'll start off disliking each other but as they progress through the HK Factory 48 will realise they have a common enemy and they'll become closer. Then at Malachor we can have a scene where we see them together as friends.

That sounds awesome! Sounds like you'll be making a lot of new scenes if you want to pack that development into the factory. I approve :) Does he know about the HK-50s though, or does HK-47 have to tell him?

That sounds awesome! Sounds like you'll be making a lot of new scenes if you want to pack that development into the factory. I approve :D Does he know about the HK-50s though, or does HK-47 have to tell him?

He was deactivated not long after the HK-50s were being produced, so he knows they exist but not that they've decided he's obsolete or anything. When he's deactivated in the storage room, he thinks he was in for repairs. 

Of course everything I've mentioned in the last few posts are just ideas and might change.

This is my last idea to get help to HK-47. Is there any way to make Bao Dur go with HK-47 during the HK factory incursion? Or at least a way to unblock the party member select?

This is my last idea to get help to HK-47. Is there any way to make Bao Dur go with HK-47 during the HK factory incursion? Or at least a way to unblock the party member select?

You basically created a new thread that that was something you already requested. (I have since merged the two threads.)

This is bumping. Next violation earns you a one month ban.

You basically created a new thread that that was something you already requested. (I have since merged the two threads.)

This is bumping. Next violation earns you a one month ban.

No, the requests were different. In this I request a creation of a new HK unit, in my new, I requested that one of the party members were available. Just read the first post in both and you will see that.