Photo

M4-78EP 1.3 released (ONLY AVAILABLE on Steam Workshop)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 jc2

jc2

Kyramud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationAlderaan 19 BBY

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:09 AM

hey there

Merry Christmas to all

how to download the M4-78 1.3  mod from Steam Workshop?

:welcome:

I feel like this is a troll, but um you go to the steam Workshop, then you click the green SUBSCRIBE button and it will download/install it for you.

KOTOR FOR LIFE

"To ponder and find relevance, one must seek out a quote," because his own words lack the credibility to endeavor to explain his rather odd disposition.

Grey Jedi "Shanilia" > http://deadlystream..../1044-shanilia/

Thank you FS for past and current modding help! 

#22 Mephiles550

Mephiles550

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

Just to let you all know, if you were as confused about where the Steam Workshop mod downloads go to, it's:

Steam/Steamapps/workshop/content

Depending on how many games you have on Steam that you have subscribed mods with, you could have either a few or several folders, all of which are named as a series of random numbers. You'll have to figure out which folder has the mod contents you want.

I hate the steam workshop cause of this, so I just copied and pasted all of the Steam Workshop files for this mod into the appropriate folders like normal.

#23 EPIPHANES

EPIPHANES

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:57 AM

I bought KOTOR 2 god knows how long ago in a hardcopy, i do not have it on steam, and i wont buy a game i already have just so i can put it on "steam" which i dont use anyway.

Is there any way for me to use the new version of this mod (aka 1.3)?

#24 ArrenKae123

ArrenKae123

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTelos, Watchman

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:00 AM

I bought KOTOR 2 god knows how long ago in a hardcopy, i do not have it on steam, and i wont buy a game i already have just so i can put it on "steam" which i dont use anyway.

Which Mod?

"The Jedi Sentinel ferrets out deceit and injustice, bringing it to light."

"Or perhaps it is investigating the mysteries of the galaxy, seeking out injustice, and bringing it to light? Such are the ways of the Jedi Watchman."

"A Sentinel's lightsaber usually bears a yellow blade. Haven't seen many of those? Now you know how few we are in number, and how well we stay con​cealed until action is required."

#25 EPIPHANES

EPIPHANES

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

Which Mod?

Well I'm posting in the M4-78 part of this forum if I'm not mistaken, so im guessing all the talk here should be about it. 

so naturally M4-78 xD

#26 ArrenKae123

ArrenKae123

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

So I have done some searching and M4-78 Enhancement is only for STEAM, sorry I can't find a way around that. As to the forum we are on, I didn't know xD.

"Or perhaps it is investigating the mysteries of the galaxy, seeking out injustice, and bringing it to light? Such are the ways of the Jedi Watchman."

"A Sentinel's lightsaber usually bears a yellow blade. Haven't seen many of those? Now you know how few we are in number, and how well we stay con​cealed until action is required."

#27 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

Unless you have the actual hardcopy with you the only option you have is to get the Gog or Steam versions of Kotor 2. 

To get M4-78EP 1.3 specifically you have to either get Steam or wait until 1.4 releases which will be for all games.

#28 ArrenKae123

ArrenKae123

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

To get M4-78EP 1.3 specifically you have to either get Steam or wait until 1.4 releases which will be for all games.

Do we have a date for this release? 

I need Sith Holocron's Signature. It will explain how I feel about the sentence above.

#29 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,110 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:59 AM

No.

As subtle as a brick through a window.

"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. ~ Sith Holocron Have you read my blog? You really should.

DarthParametric, on 25 Dec 2017 - 7:29 PM, said:
Please don't quote entire walls of text for no reason. It's really obnoxious. It just makes the thread difficult to navigate.

#30 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:44 AM

I need Sith Holocron's Signature. It will explain how I feel about the sentence above.

M478 is up on moddb

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

#31 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,110 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:41 AM

M478 is up on moddb

The OP is specifically looking for the 1.3 version. Which isn't on MODDB.

As subtle as a brick through a window.

"Deadlines are for those that don't care about quality in mods." Or words to that effect. ~ Sith Holocron Have you read my blog? You really should.

DarthParametric, on 25 Dec 2017 - 7:29 PM, said:
Please don't quote entire walls of text for no reason. It's really obnoxious. It just makes the thread difficult to navigate.

#32 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

The OP is specifically looking for the 1.3 version. Which isn't on MODDB.

Agh ok. My bad

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

#33 EPIPHANES

EPIPHANES

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

thanks for the input guys, i understand the situation now

patience is a virtue, i guess xD

#34 ArrenKae123

ArrenKae123

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:47 PM

patience is a virtue, i guess xD

I have trouble with patience, when things should be easier than I make them. Or perhaps, they are exactly as difficulty as I know there crimes, against me, are.

#35 garyblade2

garyblade2

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

I was just looking for the latest version of this mod and now i discover it has "drm" ,locked behind a gateway.

That's a shame  ,should it not be released drm free first and foremost ?

Old skool gamer here ,like to install mods myself  ,just saying.

We need to stop this slow decline currently happening ,the end result will not be very nice at all (ie:creation club)

#36 Maniax2

Maniax2

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

Can the 1.3 steam version of this mod files be used on a hard copy version of the game files?

#37 bnm73

bnm73

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEast SF Bay, California, USA

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

It'll be put up online sometime. Hopefully soon. So I wouldn't bother buying it if you already have it on GOG or a disc

It's now been more than 6 months since the "officially released on steam" announcement....are we still waiting for the "end credits music" issue to be resolved so that 1.3 can be made available to those of us not interested in buying the game again via Steam?

"When one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds,

one finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Quod erat demonstandum.

Q.E.D."

#38 Durendal

Durendal

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNar Shadaa

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:13 AM

It's now been more than 6 months since the "officially released on steam" announcement....are we still waiting for the "end credits music" issue to be resolved so that 1.3 can be made available to those of us not interested in buying the game again via Steam?

It's not even just if you don't want to use Steam, although the Steam version of TSL is far and away the best currently. Using the Workshop makes it significantly harder to use multiple mods at once, especially if they're not all manual or Workshop. IIRC there's a larger update that's being done, and that's part of what's taking so long.

#39 bnm73

bnm73

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEast SF Bay, California, USA

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

It's not even just if you don't want to use Steam, although the Steam version of TSL is far and away the best currently. Using the Workshop makes it significantly harder to use multiple mods at once, especially if they're not all manual or Workshop. IIRC there's a larger update that's being done, and that's part of what's taking so long.

I get that there is a "work in progress" aspect....it's just that it's not only the Steam version affected by the "racing through dialogue" and other bugs.  If, as other posts suggest, the problem was with an update from Aspyr, then anyone with the Mac version, for example, (bought either through them or via the app store) would have the exact same problems as those who have the game through Steam.  The Mac version is from Aspyr.

There's a fix available....you just can't get it without purchasing the game again.  While it's not a lot of money, some of us are cheapskates who don't like to buy things repeatedly.  :)

"When one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds,

one finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Quod erat demonstandum.

Q.E.D."

#40 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

The most recent news we have on the release of the new M4-78 EP version is still this post. That post is from October and says: "It'll be released soon." Seems like this is Blizzards definition of soon ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users