Kexikus

Sorting droid armor into tiers

I'm working on a small mod that requires me to sort TSL's droid armor into three tiers. For most armor items that's easy as they exist in Mark I, II and III. But there are some exceptions, so I was wondering where you'd sort those in. I'm just really bad when it comes to rating items, skills, etc. so that's why I'm asking for help :)

The armors in question are:

Droid Desh Plating

Droid Agrinium Armor

Droid Quadranium Armor

Droid Diatum Plating

Droid Capacitor Armor (HK's special armor. Where do you get that one by the way?)

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you :)

My judgement is somewhat hampered by not knowing how you pick each tier and what each tier is supposed to represent, but here goes:

The Desh plating is made of an inferior composition that's designed to be slightly lighter (making you faster), but also being a weaker protection. So I'd put it as Tier 1.

The Agrinium armor is designed for droids working in hazardous conditions and only requires the first level of upgrade feats. However, it does provide 50% immunity to heat, electricity, and energy. I'd mark it Tier 2 based on that.

The Quadranium armor is an advanced design of the Agrinium and the metal itself is used to make starship fuel tanks. I'd make it one tier above whatever you make Agrinium.

Diatum Plating is hands down Tier 3 armor. Allowing immunity to 75% of melee damage, this material is designated as "[p]rohibatively heavy" and is used to protect critical structures in asteroid fields.

The Capacitor Armor is the equivalent of the Diatum Plating, except that it protects against energy, ion, and electrical damage. It is Tier 3 as well. As a sidenote, this item is only available in-game at the HK Factory, in the storage room behind the elevator right after you enter (specifically, if you go into the factory and then turn around to face the elevator, it should be the storage room on your right).

• Like 2
  • Light Side Points 1

Thanks for the reply and sorry about being so vague.

I'm making a mod that changes HK's appearance depending on the armor he's wearing and I want to use this to have a visual representation of him being repaired over the course of the game. So if he's wearing no armor, he looks like a piece of junk and while equipping better and better tiers of armor, his appearance becomes more and more repaired until he looks like the new droid we know from K1 at the highest tier of armor.

So the tiers should be chosen in a way that a player usually won't move down a tier when getting new armor. Thus the sorting should be based on their usefulness in the game. Maybe it's even worth to add the fourth tier for the really good armors like HK's special armor, but as I said, I'm really bad with stats etc, which is why I asked for help^^

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1