ChrisC26

Star Forge Robes/Darth Revan's Robes Alteration

Thanks to Sithspecter we have the great Revan flowing cape mod.

I don't have any experience with the models and animations with the games but I was wondering if it would be possible to apply those animations to the version of the robes without the mask on.

If possible would we then be able to remove the hood or model the hood in the down position so that the character's full head and hair can be seen and we can avoid the texture clipping?

Then lastly make a few different colored variants with and without the cape.

The classic black/red. The beige/brown. A brown/gold variant. A dark grey/black variant.

Permissions would be needed from Sithspecter.

In my opinion the "Darth Revan's Robes" and "Star Forge Robes" the vanilla game offers us has always paled in comparison to the more elegant design of the robe's caped version with the belt and all its extra additions.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this.

It's possible, but if you just set it up as a typical multi-part model like regular robes then you'll run into the same animation issue you get with other hoods up items like the Handmaiden Robes. Namely, the head model and the body model are each separately playing animations out of sync, so you wind up with inevitable clipping as the head turns one way and the hood turns another:

Revan_Maskless_Robes_Anim_Desync_TH.jpg

The only practical solution is to continue to also set the maskless robes as a disguise, just like the masked version. Then you have to deal with the missing head issue. The brute force approach is to have a separate appearance.2da entry for every single player head. Alternatively, there's a script-based approach, but that is not without its own potential issues.

Though what he was suggesting is to remove the hood altogether to bypass that issue, and I must admit that I'd find the hoodless Revan robes with the cape/belt et cetera a great improvement on the basic Star Forge robes model, and the hooded out of sync ones.

It's feasible, albeit not super practical, to remove the hood. If you remove the hood from that model it leaves a giant hole. So you'd have to swap out the torso for the PMBJ torso, but then you'd have a gap above the cape, so you'd also have to hack off a chunk of the back of the original torso and mate it all together.

I am still a beginner, but I will try to make a version without the hood as soon as I can.

K1_Revan_Maskless_Robes_01_TH.jpg

K1_Revan_Maskless_Robes_02_TH.jpg

Done with the vanilla meshes, so there's no need to bother Sithspecter for permissions. It uses his flowing robes model as the Supermodel though, so it requires that his mod be installed.

One issue is that the lightside Starforge robes texture would need to be adjusted. It was never intended to be used with the cape and belts, so those bits require a retexture.

I haven't tried it with the female model yet.

• Like 8

Those look really awesome. Maybe someone can just create a new texture for the lightside robes based on the dark side robe. The vanilla light side robes looked horrible anyway IMHO^^

DP, those look great, man. I hope you finish up the female ones and release these.

Those look really awesome. Maybe someone can just create a new texture for the lightside robes based on the dark side robe. The vanilla light side robes looked horrible anyway IMHO^^

I think I'll try my hand at that later, if I'm not busy. I'll probably make two versions of the texture: A) Basically Revan's robe, just with the cloth recolored. B ) Same as option A, but put the Star Forge Robe's armor pieces on to that texture.

I'm open to any other variants as well.

Done with the vanilla meshes, so there's no need to bother Sithspecter for permissions. It uses his flowing robes model as the Supermodel though, so it requires that his mod be installed.

One issue is that the lightside Starforge robes texture would need to be adjusted. It was never intended to be used with the cape and belts, so those bits require a retexture.

Nice robes

I'd love a version similar to this one, aka something like an ornamented Jedi like robe.

I remember I had that mod somewhere, but checking through what mods I have, it's gone now. I might try to sort of emulate what's going on with that reskin, if I can.

I remember I had that mod somewhere, but checking through what mods I have, it's gone now. I might try to sort of emulate what's going on with that reskin, if I can.

I sent that texture to Kexikus after I found it :D

I sent that texture to Kexikus after I found it :D

Ah, ok. I thought that mod had gotten lost forever or something. Still, I'll keep what that texture is going for whenever I have a go at making some new textures.

Ah, ok. I thought that mod had gotten lost forever or something. Still, I'll keep what that texture is going for whenever I have a go at making some new textures.

I've always wanted the Star Forge Robes to have this texture:

post-17976-0-55819100-1493588550_thumb.png

My favourite jedi attire!

• Like 3

I've always wanted the Star Forge Robes to have this texture:

attachicon.gifJediTempleGuard-TCWs5BR2.png

My favourite jedi attire!

That actually could work. Might not be exact, but more 'inspired' by those robes. Probably what I'll try to do first after I do the simple stuff.

• Like 2

It's possible, but if you just set it up as a typical multi-part model like regular robes then you'll run into the same animation issue you get with other hoods up items like the Handmaiden Robes. Namely, the head model and the body model are each separately playing animations out of sync, so you wind up with inevitable clipping as the head turns one way and the hood turns another:

Revan_Maskless_Robes_Anim_Desync_TH.jpg

The only practical solution is to continue to also set the maskless robes as a disguise, just like the masked version. Then you have to deal with the missing head issue. The brute force approach is to have a separate appearance.2da entry for every single player head. Alternatively, there's a script-based approach, but that is not without its own potential issues.

One of these days it may be possible. I wonder if its possible to just have the head play certain animations when the robe is equipped, or is that what you were getting at with the disguises DP?

The problem is that the animations aren't in sync. Even if they are playing the same animation, like an idle, they are played separately. Here's the Handmaiden as an example:

The only way to prevent that is to have the head and body as a single model, which means a disguise for players and party members.

Can you share, please?

When it's done.

I'm still messing with the female version, but I have been busy with work so haven't had much time this week. There was a lot more work required to cobble the female version together, seeing as the hooded version is male. It seemed ok, but I hit a snag where there is an odd head tilt when equipped. It's also offset in the character creation screen (I set it as clothes for testing).

K1_Revan_Maskless_Robes_03_TH.jpg

K1_Revan_Maskless_Robes_04_TH.jpg

I can't figure out what is going on with it. I removed all the extraneous head bones and helpers but there was no change.

I agree with SH. Good luck DP.

I'd hate to add to your workload, but would it be possible to have a variant of the models without the cape as well?

Here's an example of what I mentioned about the character creator offset. The male version is fine, the female version is screwy:

K1_Revan_Maskless_Robes_05_TH.jpg

I'd hate to add to your workload, but would it be possible to have a variant of the models without the cape as well?

I was thinking about replacing the male skirt with the PMBJ one anyway because of the whole culottes thing, but it is kind of a necessity once you remove the cape. The female version already uses the PFBJ skirt.

K1_Revan_Maskless_Robes_06_TH.jpg

With the cape gone I put the folded down hood back, dunno if you want that or not.

• Like 2

I was thinking about replacing the male skirt with the PMBJ one anyway because of the whole culottes thing, but it is kind of a necessity once you remove the cape. The female version already uses the PFBJ skirt.

A model with the cape and without the weird belt thingy would look a lot like Kylo Ren's new design we saw on the promotional image from Battlefront II : https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--iR3aU9Tg--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/dybkv9tvtjjxzio3bmef.jpg

In other words : it would look awesome.