Kexikus

MOD:Full Jedi Council

Full Jedi Council

Have you ever wondered why for something as important as the Exile’s trial, only 5 members of the Jedi Council are present? Well, you no longer have to. This mod adds 7 additional Jedi to the trial scene in order to get a full council. These Jedi are master Vandar from K1, Vima Sunrider from the Tales of the Jedi comics, two Twi’lek, a Devaronian, a Duros and a Wookie.

What's new in v2.0:
- Replaced generic human Jedi with Vima Sunrider and a Duros
- Vima sunrider has a custom robe (thanks to DarthParametric)
- Choose between K1 and TSL style robes for all Council members (except for those with unique robes)
- The 7 added Council members are now mentioned in the post-trial scene on the Ebon Hawk

Installation:
Run TSLPatcher.exe and choose your version.
IMPORTANT: You have two choices: The type of robe the Council members should wear and a technical choice necessary for compability: Check if you have holorec.dlg in your Override and choose the proper installation method.
TSLPatcher should find your TSL installation automatically. If it doesn't and you have to select it manually, choose the folder that includes swkotor.exe. Do NOT delete the backup folder that is created during the installation, you'll need it if you ever want to uninstall this mod.
For modders: I included the source script in the download in case you're interested. Ignore them if you only want to install and play the mod.

Uninstallation:
Delete all files from the tslpatchdata folder of this mod that you can find in your Override (depending on your choice of installation this might not be all of them). Then find the backup of 950COR.mod created during the installation of this mod (it is located in the backup folder that was created in the folder where you ran TSLPatcher.exe) and copy it into the Modules folder of your TSL installation, replacing the one already there. Also copy appearance.2da, heads.2da and if available holorec.dlg from the same folder into your Override folder. Note however, that this might screw up other mods that modified the same file and were installed afterwards!

Compabilitiy:
Thanks to TSLPatcher this mod should be compatible with pretty most other mods. I recommend to install this mod as late as possible to ensure compability.
Notable exceptions for compability are mods that edit Vandar's model (texture mods are fine) and for the K1 style robes mods that add new texture variations of the Council Robes as well as mods that edit the .utc's of the vanilla Council members. The latter includes NPCOverhaul, so either install my mod after NPCOverhaul to overwrite its changes or skip NPCOverhaul's changes to 950COR.

Credits:
Mod by Kexikus
Vima robe model and head texture by DarthParametric
Duros head model by JCarter426
TSL Patcher by stoffe

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR OBSIDIAN. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/17/2017
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    No

• Like 3

Why not place Masters Zhar and Dorak?

Maybe also a female elderly commoner in Nomi's Robe as Nomi or a red-haired one as Vima?

I'd encourage you to replace Wookiee and Duros as they cannot wear Jedi Robes. A more unusual alien would be great though, maybe a Jedi Rodian from RoR?

Why not place Masters Zhar and Dorak?

Maybe also a female elderly commoner in Nomi's Robe as Nomi or a red-haired one as Vima?

I'd encourage you to replace Wookiee and Duros as they cannot wear Jedi Robes. A more unusual alien would be great though, maybe a Jedi Rodian from RoR?

I tried to add as many known Jedi to the Council as possible, but the only confirmed member of the Jedi High Council is master Vandar. Zhar and Dorak were never part of the High Council, Nomi Sunrider was part of the Council 20 years earlier and it's not known if she still was at that time (and she would have required a new unique head which I decided not to do as there's no confirmation for her). The named Council members from the KotOR comics were also no longer part of the Council at that time which is why I replaced them.

And there is no Duros in there for the exact reason that he cannot wear Jedi robes. This fact is also the reason why there's only new humans, Twi'lek and a Devaronian as they can wear Jedi robes. A Wookie on the other hand wouldn't wear robes anyway so I included one to get some more species in there.

• Like 2

I think this is great, I need to know if it effects NPC Overhaul though?

I think this is great, I need to know if it effects NPC Overhaul though?

It's definetly compatible (unless NPC Overhaul adds master Vandar somewhere else in the game?) but I think NPC Overhaul gives the Council members K1 style robes and some of my added Jedi wear TSL robes and those won't be affected by NPC Overhaul's changes.

And there is no Duros in there for the exact reason that he cannot wear Jedi robes. This fact is also the reason why there's only new humans, Twi'lek and a Devaronian as they can wear Jedi robes. A Wookie on the other hand wouldn't wear robes anyway so I included one to get some more species in there.

You could have a Duros wear robes if you use my heads resource.

Also, point of fact, Tyvokka did wear Jedi robes. But surely it's a personal choice. I'd take less issue with a Wookiee choosing not to wear robes than I do with Thon's robe (previously never seen) being wearable by a human of average size.

Also, point of fact, Tyvokka did wear Jedi robes. But surely it's a personal choice. I'd take less issue with a Wookiee choosing not to wear robes than I do with Thon's robe (previously never seen) being wearable by a human of average size.

Thon who is a dinosaur.

• Like 2

It's reasonably straightforward to add a bit of alien variety if you want. Aside from the heads in JC's pack, I can probably dig into my garbage pile for something more exotic if you are willing to do some texturing.

I'm also willing to whip up a new one that I didn't do before due to the limitations at the time. Bith, for example. I've been meaning to go through them all and update the mod - that's why I never uploaded the older version here - but I just haven't had the time to do them all.

Point taken when it comes to Tyvokka. But I still don't mind a Wookie Jedi not wearing a robe.

Using your head resource would provide some interesting possibilities. I'll think about it. Just going from the file names I couldn't find a Duros head in there though.

@ Darth Parametric: If I knew how to make textures, that'd be a great option too, but I don't^^

Using your head resource would provide some interesting possibilities. I'll think about it. Just going from the file names I couldn't find a Duros head in there though.

Oh, d'oh, the Duros was one of the ones I hadn't initially done because of the smoothing. I forgot because it's one I have done since, but haven't uploaded. I'll be back with a link for those models later.

EDIT: Here they are. And if anybody else wants to use it, just consider it an extension of the previous one and for permissions follow the guidelines in the readme of that, whatever they are (I don't remember).

You could make an optional installation with Zhar and Dorak in the mod. Also, might I request turning one of the NPC Jedi Council members into a Hologram like in the movie?

I tried to add as many known Jedi to the Council as possible, but the only confirmed member of the Jedi High Council is master Vandar. Zhar and Dorak were never part of the High Council, Nomi Sunrider was part of the Council 20 years earlier and it's not known if she still was at that time (and she would have required a new unique head which I decided not to do as there's no confirmation for her). The named Council members from the KotOR comics were also no longer part of the Council at that time which is why I replaced them.

Did any members of the High Council get wiped out by the bombardment of Dantooine in K1? 

According to Wookieepedia:

The Jedi Council on Dantooine was aware of the attack thanks to the Force, but was unable to do anything about it save evacuate as they had no protection from an orbital bombardment. Their efforts proved to be unsuccessful, as only a small amount of the Jedi stationed on Dantooine were able to evacuate. However, thanks to their precognition of the attack, many high ranking members of the Jedi Council were able to escape, such as Master Vandar Tokare and Master Vrook Lamar.

and

The Jedi that were vital for the Republic's ultimate victory in the Jedi Civil War—namely Revan, Bastila Shan, Juhani, and Jolee Bindo—were not on Dantooine during the strike, busy searching for Rakatan Star Maps, and the Council—Masters Dorak, Vrook Lamar, Zhar Lestin, and Vandar Tokare—survived the attack.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_on_Dantooine_(Jedi_Civil_War)

Although all that is irrelevant anyway I guess, as the Council recording took place before K1.

I don't know about the bombardment, but Vandar should be dead if Revan was DS, as he was killed at the Starforge battle. I wonder if you could script which Council members appear based on what the player chose as the Revan backstory at the beginning of the game. I assume that is some global variable that can be read via a script.

I like your idea, you could even get the Wookie to talk about certain characters deaths and the impact it has had on the order. 

As Darth Parametric said, The trial takes place before K1 - meaning that I can't use Revan's alignment to change the Council. (Luckily as that would result in way more work than the mod in its current state.)

And about Zhar and Dorak: They were members of the Dantooine Jedi Council - the same as Vrook and Vandar - but only the latter two were members of the Jedi High Council.

Vrook and Vandar both went back and forth between Dantooine and Coruscant, at least in the comics. So you could make an argument that it was true for the others as well. I don't think there's a canon source that says with any certainty one way or the other.

Personally, I don't like the idea of a permanent council in the first place. I like to think that twelve Jedi masters would have better things to do than sit in a room on Coruscant all day. I like to think the Council is just a quorum of qualifying Jedi masters who happen to be at the same place when the situation requires it. That would explain why only four seem to be involved in the Revan business, and only five are present at the Exile's trial in the original game. But if you follow my logic, and you wanted to have twelve present at the Exile's trial, you could make arguments for or against the inclusion of Zhar and Dorak. They may have been too busy on Dantooine at the time (especially with Vandar and Vrook absent) and had substitutes fill in, or they themselves may have been substitutes to other Jedi that did show up that day, but not with the Revan business.

Sorry, I read Devaronian as Duros. Never mind.

Actually, Nomi could be long dead, but Vima would be 41. The red-haired commoner head used on Belaya, if it's present in TSL, could serve that purpose well. She could also wear her mother's robes.

Sorry, I read Devaronian as Duros. Never mind.

Actually, Nomi could be long dead, but Vima would be 41. The red-haired commoner head used on Belaya, if it's present in TSL, could serve that purpose well. She could also wear her mother's robes.

Vima was supposed to be Bastila in K1 (seriously), but there are legal issues with using the name "sunrider" so we were not allowed to use it in K2. You'll notice Jolee mentions it in K1, however, but that was an oversight.

No joke

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/30458-so-where-is-vima-sunrider-during-the-kotor-story/?p=281372

EDIT:

After further Wookieepedia searching, there is a small section on how Vima Sunrider trained the Jedi Exile briefly.

There was also this:

Vimaart.jpg

If someone can make a unique enough head based off of existing heads, that'd be cool.

Any effort to make some Jedi masters from this era of canon I'd be interested in contributing to.

• Like 1

There was also this:

Vimaart.jpg

If someone can make a unique enough head based off of existing heads, that'd be cool.

I can see the similarity with Bastila's in-game clothes model. You could probably make a retexture of it pretty close to that.

The head seems like it has some sort of topknot ponytail.

The head seems like it has some sort of topknot ponytail.

So perhaps adding Juhani's hairstyle to a different head?

• Like 1