N-DReW25

Star Wars Battlefront II (Battlefront 2017 threads merged)

With all the new threads and drama going on lately about how horrible the Multiplayer system in SW: BF2 is I am wondering what did you guys/and the general public think of the Single Player Campaign as it's not brought up here yet.

Campaign was short and far too predictable. Multiplayer runs and feels like a battlefield game. The game modes are decent though. Just not amazing

I wan't impress with the campaign that much in gameplay videos which looked like playing the whole game with overpowered heroes.

It also lacks split screen which original battlefronts on ps2 had.

I actually really liked the story, it's much better and more than the "501st journal" single player that was in the 05 Battlefront II. I'd go more into it, but I would get into spoiler territory, so...

Also, seeing the Raider Corvette from the X-Wing tabletop game officially canon was awesome too.

I was disappointed we were not with the Imperials for most of the campaign. It seemed like that was going to be the case based on the marketing but it turned out that was not the case. Iden Verso even gets shunted to the side for the cameo missions featuring Leia, Han Solo, Lando, etc. Not to say the campaign completely sucked, there were enjoyable moments but it felt like they gave up on the Imperial badass concept too quickly and traded too much on nostalgia featuring classic characters instead of focusing on Inferno Squad.