Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars Battlefront II (Battlefront 2017 threads merged)

Star Wars Electronic Arts Battlefront II EA DICE Criterion Games Battlefront Criterion Lucasfilm Motive

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

Speaking of staying on target, is there space combat in the MP? I only ever played the SP modes.

#42 dg1995

dg1995

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Unfortunately this game isn't similar to the Original Battlefronts.

It Lacks CPs(Command Posts) and this makes it linear.

It doesn't allow you to enter/Exit vehicles on Map.

And Finally It has Microtransactions for Powerups which means that some guys who buy them will have more Powerful Weapons than Other Players.(It doesn't have the Awesome Powerup System of Battlefront 2)

#43 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Unfortunately this game isn't similar to the Original Battlefronts.
It Lacks CPs(Command Posts) and this makes it linear.
It doesn't allow you to enter/Exit vehicles on Map.
And Finally It has Microtransactions for Powerups which means that some guys who buy them will have more Powerful Weapons than Other Players.(It doesn't have the Awesome Powerup System of Battlefront 2)

Seems to be the way the publishers view us all now, because they have learned there are whales and stupid people out there who love dem microtran$actions.

Why have us pay once for a game, when they can have cashflow all the time? It is a bad state of affairs.

#44 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Seems to be the way the publishers view us all now, because they have learned there are whales and stupid people out there who love dem microtran$actions.

Why have us pay once for a game, when they can have cashflow all the time? It is a bad state of affairs.

I don't like microtransactions, either, but they are a necessary evil in order for us to receive free DLC, and prevent the player base from being fractured once again. And I know for a fact that I would rather have microtransactions to cover the cost of free DLC than a $50 season pass which could fracture the player base.

#45 Qui-Gon Glenn

Qui-Gon Glenn

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

It depends on implementation. I understand they are borrowing some of the badder ideas from ME3MP/AMP, specifically an RNG element to unlocks.

That stuff is tired.

#46 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• The Silent
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

It depends on implementation. I understand they are borrowing some of the badder ideas from ME3MP/AMP, specifically an RNG element to unlocks.

That stuff is tired.

Very damn tired. 

I got to play the so called "Alpha" and now the "Beta" and here are my thoughts;
Played this for about an hour, not impressed tbh, it doesn't feel very distinct and I'm so so damn tired of multiplayer games with modifiers
and goddamn loot boxes recently, why can't characters just universally play the same and the rest be up to skill?
I don't think I'll be buying this. I'm immensely tired of the uneven playing field in these games and I refuse to participate in this one.

Why are there no more games where no matter your rank the playing field is always even?

Christ I miss the days of Halo 1,2,3 and the original Battlefront.
At least I can commend 343 Industries Arena Multiplayer for being balanced and having none of this trash every modern shooter seems to, they relegated all that to their "Warzone" mode.
One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#47 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:34 PM

Not sure if any one else has heard about this but the only way to unlock items is through buying loot boxes. You have to pay to progress.

I have cancelled my pre-order of the game and given them very explicit reasons why. I am not forking out 60 dollars than paying another $100 to progress through the game. EA took overwatchs idea and took it to an extreme. Thanks but no thanks

Just when I thought nothing could be worse than those stupid micro transactions... EA finds a way. Great way to ruin a decent game >(

I will not make my signature into novellas - SH 2017  :hrhr:  :hrhr:  :hrhr:

#48 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

Good thing I wasn't stupid enough to pre-order, then. I won't even defend the microtransactions at this point with free DLC. I feel sad. :cry:

#49 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

GenoHaradan Legacy Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

With all the new threads and drama going on lately about how horrible the Multiplayer system in SW: BF2 is I am wondering what did you guys/and the general public think of the Single Player Campaign as it's not brought up here yet.

#50 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• The Silent
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

With all the new threads and drama going on lately about how horrible the Multiplayer system in SW: BF2 is I am wondering what did you guys/and the general public think of the Single Player Campaign as it's not brought up here yet.

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#51 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

Campaign was short and far too predictable. Multiplayer runs and feels like a battlefield game. The game modes are decent though. Just not amazing

I will not make my signature into novellas - SH 2017  :hrhr:  :hrhr:  :hrhr:

#52 dg1995

dg1995

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

I wan't impress with the campaign that much in gameplay videos which looked like playing the whole game with overpowered heroes.

It also lacks split screen which original battlefronts on ps2 had.

#53 ADG12311990

ADG12311990

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

I actually really liked the story, it's much better and more than the "501st journal" single player that was in the 05 Battlefront II. I'd go more into it, but I would get into spoiler territory, so...

Also, seeing the Raider Corvette from the X-Wing tabletop game officially canon was awesome too.

1 TARDIS: It is The Doctor!

2 TARDISes: UH... Dalek Surpreme...

3 TARDISes: ....

13 TARDISes: UH..... Time to go!

#54 Maphisto86

Maphisto86

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:41 AM

I was disappointed we were not with the Imperials for most of the campaign. It seemed like that was going to be the case based on the marketing but it turned out that was not the case. Iden Verso even gets shunted to the side for the cameo missions featuring Leia, Han Solo, Lando, etc. Not to say the campaign completely sucked, there were enjoyable moments but it felt like they gave up on the Imperial badass concept too quickly and traded too much on nostalgia featuring classic characters instead of focusing on Inferno Squad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars, Electronic Arts, Battlefront II, EA, DICE, Criterion Games, Battlefront, Criterion, Lucasfilm, Motive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users