JCarter426

JC's mod resource collaboration thread

Here's my first render of the flats and paneling pattern for the Lethisk shuttle.

post-9498-0-57317700-1488360915_thumb.jpg

I'm currently going with a lot of greys and darker blues to match what I imagine a Mandalorian stealth shuttle would look like.

Also, NDIX was awesome as always and sent me a copy compatible with bumpmaps. :D

UPDATE: I whipped up a metal architecture for the front to give a better idea of what I'm planning for the final look to be.

post-9498-0-43532600-1488368518_thumb.jpg

That's it for now...

Looking at your list of in-game models for k2, I think you may have missed some available models. I would double check the room mdls for Onderon and Nar Shaddaa. There may be some background flying ships that you could rip and use. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I looked at those files.

Here's my first render of the flats and paneling pattern for the Lethisk shuttle.

I'm currently going with a lot of greys and darker blues to match what I imagine a Mandalorian stealth shuttle would look like.

Also, NDIX was awesome as always and sent me a copy compatible with bumpmaps. :D

UPDATE: I whipped up a metal architecture for the front to give a better idea of what I'm planning for the final look to be.

That's it for now...

Looks nice so far. I like the idea of having a custom skin for Mandalore's version, although I'd also like to see it in the original colors. But I'm sure I or someone else could figure that out from your texture once you're done, if you don't feel like it.

Also, good to hear about the bump maps. I talked with ndix UR about that a while back but I've never seen it in action. I'm hoping someday we can get them as commonplace as they are in The Witcher.

What about the Gwing PLACEABLE in K1? It's labelled as GWingEscapeShip:

That's already available as a placeable in both games, so I guess I could animate it. I just never had any interest it (hence the talk about replacing it in K2). But sure, I can add it to the list. Actually I'm hoping to set up my animations to be more or less universal, capable of being applied to any ship. Each model would probably need custom work on the landing gear wings where applicable, but the general movement I'm hoping can be done through a dummy object to cut down on the amount of work.

The main hurdle is getting the animation itself in the game, though. In the past I have used different methods for animating something for the game and animating something that only has to be done in 3ds. I'm working on a way to make the systems compatible, or get as much functionality as I can out of each. I believe NWMax has a way to transfer the data, but I'm still investigating it.

Well, it's been a month, so here's an update:

The above is all in the game. No film trickery like I've relied on in the past. I figured out the procedure of translating my animation methods into data the game can read. So what you see above I'm aiming to do for every ship available to us.

• Like 8

Wow, doesn't this give us possibilities to recreate landing/leaving cutscenes in higher quality?

• Like 4