Sign in to follow this  
djh269

A giant Rancor on the Unknown World

On the original Xbox but the back cover of the game had a picture of Zaalbar on the Unknown World with a giant Rancor behind him, I can't remember stumbling on a giant Rancor though, has anybody ever come across it? Picture below.

post-17976-0-29502500-1487688016_thumb.jpg

No, i didn't , but if i noticed it, i would have said "Woow awesomesauce!" . I would remember it like that, i just found: Young Rancors.

That rancor was probably cut from the final release but the screenshots were taken from an older version that still had it.

I Agree with this opinion, Games have development versions, and there may have minor to big changes, a minor like there was a Big Rancor.

Makes sense, I went through the modules in KT a while back and found nothing. It would of been fun battling a large, tough Rancor on the Unknown World.

There was a mention of large Rancors and Rancor herd mothers in the first Darth Bane novel whilst he visits the Unknown World, he even rode one haha. But that's steering off the subject a little bit.

They just took bunch of screenshots of whatever looked cool without worrying about it actually being in the game, as proved by having HK-47 on Taris on the same cover.

There was an alternate version with a giant rancor in an arena, too.

kotor.jpg

• Like 1

There is a random Selkath on the cover so I don't think they worried too much about what was actually in the game, just making it look cool.

• Like 2

There is a random Selkath on the cover so I don't think they worried too much about what was actually in the game, just making it look cool.

Cut Selkath party member confirmed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My next mod will be titled: Keith, a cut Selkath recruitment mod. 1.0 

The Rancors cages almost fit the large Rancors inside them. Almost. The One's fight scene was a bit different with 4 large Rancors...

post-17976-0-35832400-1487991142_thumb.jpgpost-17976-0-36453900-1487991145_thumb.jpgpost-17976-0-03805100-1487991150_thumb.jpgpost-17976-0-54452200-1487991152_thumb.jpgpost-17976-0-47526500-1487991155_thumb.jpg

Edit: they blatantly made them small and tough towards the end of the game to make Luke skywalker feel better about himself. 

There was a mention of large Rancors and Rancor herd mothers in the first Darth Bane novel whilst he visits the Unknown World, he even rode one haha. But that's steering off the subject a little bit.

I was going to use that scene for a mod idea but it never came to fruition.

lol. The Selkath is one that I can't figure out. Out of all your companions and the inability to have Revan on the front, they chose a random NPC from a non playable species?

Wait a minuet....

Cut Selkath party member confirmed

No! Not cut party member! Revan was supposed to be Selkath!!

Addendum: The PC case back cover has one image of an event that never happens. Bastila fighting a Dark Jedi in the open streets of Taris.

No! Not cut party member! Revan was supposed to be Selkath!!

Do you have Proves? I mean you just can't setup a theory, which isn't true...

Do you have Proves? I mean you just can't setup a theory, which isn't true...

Revan started wearing his Mandalorian mask because people just didn't take him seriously enough as a man-fish. 

• Haha 1

Addendum: The PC case back cover has one image of an event that never happens. Bastila fighting a Dark Jedi in the open streets of Taris.

Yeah, and I noticed that some of the others have pictures of HK on Taris. I think they were just going for stuff that looked cool.

• Like 1