Sign in to follow this  

Not sure if this is a TSLRCM Problem

I'm using the GOG version and on the Harbinger I keep hearing the sound of a body falling and glass breaking as I explore the ship- any ideas? 

What mods do you have installed?

Oh boy, you really want to go there? lol

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0hdM1MqLqE5YVV0ajNpN3RRc1k?usp=sharing

The short answer other than pilfering through that is lots, but I have them divided into folders. 

I don't see anything that would make noises trigger at random in the Harbinger Module, near the Kolto Tanks. 

It's not a constant repeating sound but it happens about 20 seconds after I load into the module. 

Upon further inspection it seems to happen throughout the Harbinger and the game crashes whenever Sion appears. 

Hmm. That's the sound effect that plays when you view the scene of Sion breaking out of the bacta tank. Though I'm not sure what conflict would cause that

For the time being, as it crashes when Sion appears, you can save buffer past that trigger line, but obviously there's no guaranteeing everything after that will function properly

The same thing happens when using the KOTOR 2 Full Build, which can be used to help isolate this, perhaps.

Can you please make a list of the mods you have in a post as I do not want to dig through countless tree's in a google drive! (Not to sound rude but I can't help you unless you help me)

Upon further inspection it seems to happen throughout the Harbinger and the game crashes whenever Sion appears. 

My guess is that is a TSLRCM Conflict!

As you've been a member since August 2014, please show the newer folks that you know to look to the Read Me First page and provide the required information to posts regarding possible glitches and errors.

To the newer folks, this requirement is for each new problem thread you create on this.

I don't have a list, but I'll list the major ones off the top of my head.

TSLRCM, TSLRCM Tweak Pack,Loot & Immersion, parts of Kainzorus'NPC Overhaul, Darker Peragus Redux, Handmaiden & Disciple Romance swap by Lekulin, also by Lekulin Visas Romance for Females and Revan Alternate Romances. Aliens Redetailed, TOR HK Units, Redrob Head Fixes, Redrob Underwear Mod, Bao-Dur is buff, Rescaled Trandoshans, Master Robes by Deadman, Party items by Lekulin, Party Member Robes by Kainzorus. Modified AI without High Level Force Powers.

Hi Poly Tin Cans for TSL, Quarterstaffs by Deadman, Realistic Visual Effects by Shem, Distinct Visual Effects for Weapons, Shem Ultimate Sound Mod, High Quality Blasters by Sithspecter.

Some folders you're going to have to look through because I don't have the names of mods anymore.

-HD Characters, reskins- doubtful it's causing the problem.

-HD Environments, just texture mods.

-Base Override, no idea.

-X Misc, inside the folder "HD Music & SFX."

You'll definitely need to check X Misc and Base Override I think.

Base Override is the first thing I dump in my override, X Misc is the last.

Everything else is in-between from 1,2,3 etc in order of name in Windows explorer.

For instance, Loot & Immersion, then parts of the NPC Overhaul.

Hmm. That's the sound effect that plays when you view the scene of Sion breaking out of the bacta tank. Though I'm not sure what conflict would cause that

For the time being, as it crashes when Sion appears, you can save buffer past that trigger line, but obviously there's no guaranteeing everything after that will function properly

I can't actually, it crashes when he appears on the sublevel on the Harbinger mid-cutscene.

Okay guys, going to try reinstalling everything- hopefully that'll fix whatever this is- however I'd still like this problem investigated if you'd be so kind.

Investigating this by going through all the mods you have installed would be madness. The only way to figure this out would be to look at the file combination you have directly. Obviously we can't do that, so the only way we can try is if you try the things we suggest for as long as we have ideas about what it could be.

You should first determine what causes it. You mentioned that it starts about 20 secs in a module. Are you absolutely sure that that is the case? To test it, load the module and don't do anything at all for 20 seconds. If it happens, it will narrow down the list of things we need to look at, if not, then we can suggest other tests to narrow down the list.

If you've reinstalled already, I hope that it's fixed now.

Investigating this by going through all the mods you have installed would be madness. The only way to figure this out would be to look at the file combination you have directly. Obviously we can't do that, so the only way we can try is if you try the things we suggest for as long as we have ideas about what it could be.

You should first determine what causes it. You mentioned that it starts about 20 secs in a module. Are you absolutely sure that that is the case? To test it, load the module and don't do anything at all for 20 seconds. If it happens, it will narrow down the list of things we need to look at, if not, then we can suggest other tests to narrow down the list.

If you've reinstalled already, I hope that it's fixed now.

Well I have a funny feeling it's a NPC Ovehaul, Loot and Immersion or Improved AI what I'm going to do is sift through all my files for my K2 installation and remove what I don't consider necessary- see if it narrows it down. 

Okay, I have everything I used previously installed apart from Modified AI and Loot & Immersion. 

Time to test. 

Okay, it worked, no crash- so it's definitely something to do with either Loot & Immersion or Modified AI. 

Wait, if i remember right, i was hearing the glas break sound also, and that was 5 years ago, since i played the non-steam version

Wait, if i remember right, i was hearing the glas break sound also, and that was 5 years ago, since i played the non-steam version

Really? 

Seems both GOG and Steam have their own problems then, dialogue volume was completely screwed on my Steam version. 

i mean, after the scene i saw, where sion spoke, then i heard a glass break, and then i heard it.

Really?

Seems both GOG and Steam have their own problems then, dialogue volume was completely screwed on my Steam version.

I have used the 4 cd since 2004, and I can tell you I still hear that sound as an ambient effect. I have always assumed that this was intentional for the purpose of adding tension to the scene..

I have used the 4 cd since 2004, and I can tell you I still hear that sound as an ambient effect. I have always assumed that this was intentional for the purpose of adding tension to the scene..

Ah, it must be the glassbreak.wav I'm using which doesn't have a filter making it sound out of place.

Ah, it must be the glassbreak.wav I'm using which doesn't have a filter making it sound out of place.

Yep. I once altered it to have the appropriate filter and changed its tone and bass to give it more "punch" in the hologram message, but then noticed it would suddenly play at random times while walking through the bridge. (which startled me on several occasions)

• Like 1

Yep. I once altered it to have the appropriate filter and changed its tone and bass to give it more "punch" in the hologram message, but then noticed it would suddenly play at random times while walking through the bridge. (which startled me on several occasions)

Makes me want to make a txi and animation attached to that specific terminal so it's playing the point at which Sion breaks out of the tube on repeat on it's little screen.

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

Peragus, when I acquired a Vibrosword as T3-M4 in the Fuel Depot area before unlocking turbolifts. 

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.8.5)

Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) 

Good Old Games

4) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

No.

5) What other mods have you installed? 

TSLRCM, TSLRCM Tweak Pack, parts of Kainzorus' NPC Overhaul, Darker Peragus Redux, Handmaiden & Disciple Romance swap by Lekulin, also by Lekulin Visas Romance for Females and Revan Alternate Romances. Aliens Redetailed, TOR HK Units, Redrob Head Fixes, Redrob Underwear Mod, Bao-Dur is buff, Rescaled Trandoshans, Master Robes by Deadman, Party items by Lekulin, Party Member Robes by Kainzorus. Hi Poly Tin Cans for TSL, Quarterstaffs by Deadman, Realistic Visual Effects by Shem, Distinct Visual Effects for Weapons, Shem Ultimate Sound Mod, High Quality Blasters by Sithspecter. Toasty Fresh Weapon Overhaul for K2, only the vibroblades. Implant Rebalance and Heavy Armor Expansion by 90SK. 

Toasty Fresh Weapon Overhaul is the cause of the crash.

Although when I removed the files from the game and it did stop the crash,

I'd like to know why it was crashing.

6) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

Whenever I tried to equip the weapon the game would crash, but if I had it unequipped in my "other weapon" slot the game wouldn't crash, for instance if I was already holding the torch and then put the vibrosword in the slot below that on the inventory screen- only when switching the vibrosword to be my "ready" weapon did the game crash.

7) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?

No, I can't get a link to the original.

9) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes, I tried using another save with a new character using KSE to give myself the vibrosword, the game still crashes if TWMO is installed.

11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 10

12) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen?

Yes.

13) What language is your game set for?

English.

14) Which language of TSLRCM are you using?

English.

Well, it looks to me like it has something to do with the model. That's all I can tell you. Remove the model and texture from the override?

Well, it looks to me like it has something to do with the model. That's all I can tell you. Remove the model and texture from the override?

Indeed it was that I was using the Toasty's Weapon Model Overhaul for K1; which doesn't work with K2.

In fact you wouldn't happen to know where I could get the K2 version?

Indeed it was that I was using the Toasty's Weapon Model Overhaul for K1; which doesn't work with K2.

In fact you wouldn't happen to know where I could get the K2 version?

I sadly don't know where to get the K2 version.

But for anyone stumbling upon this thread in the future: K1 models will NEVER work in K2 and vice versa because the model format of these two games is different.

I sadly don't know where to get the K2 version.

But for anyone stumbling upon this thread in the future: K1 models will NEVER work in K2 and vice versa because the model format of these two games is different.

Yea funny, that at me the Revan Robe and Mask (For own purposes) worked in K2 , i took them from BOS:SR and they worked fine.