JCarter426

JCarter426 reminisces on the M4-78 EP that never came to be

Hahaha Hassat REALLY despises Selkath. I may or may not have said "it'd be neat" to annoy him a little ;)

• Like 1

Isn't there already a Selkath cameo in M4-78EP? I remember the medical droids saying "We should contact Manaan and tell them to stop sending Kolto" or something like that.

No, there's no Selkath and that's the only line where Manaan gets name dropped.

That Manaan stuff sounds really sick. As others said, I think it'd be a great addition to the mod, and also improve K2 as a whole. Both games are already well connected due to K2 reusing Dantooine/Korriban so I think getting a connection to the other planets would be great. Obsidian probably only put those planets in to save time, but I still think that it's great that K2 does such a great job in following up the events of the previous game.

Any idea why the Selkath was cut? I mean outside of HH hating Selkath.

• Like 1

That Manaan stuff sounds really sick. As others said, I think it'd be a great addition to the mod, and also improve K2 as a whole. Both games are already well connected due to K2 reusing Dantooine/Korriban so I think getting a connection to the other planets would be great. Obsidian probably only put those planets in to save time, but I still think that it's great that K2 does such a great job in following up the events of the previous game.

From the base game, it's a safe bet to say they didn't want Selkath. Don't take my word for it but some features in Kotor 2 are based on consumer feedback from Kotor 1 (One feature based on consumer feedback is the ability to play as a Jedi from the start) and the fans probably hated the Selkath likely due to their voice over so they didn't use them. If they did try to use them however they would have likely made a new voice over for them similar to what they did for the Twi'lek voice over but they probably gave up as it was too complex and time-consuming. I should also mention the Selkath NPC is in the games files so a Selkath restoration could be made if someone is willing to make a new voice over for the Selkath.

Warning: Fan Theory Ahead

I personally do not like the Manaan reference in M4-78EP because M4-78 was supposed to be a secret project. If the Selkath did send Kolto to the colony of M4-78 then the Selkath government would have to know about the planet since the trading of Kolto was strictly for major governments like the Republic or the Sith (This information is told to the main character in Kotor 1 by a Selkath in the Kolto packaging room in the Manaan west central module). But the planet of M4-78 even though it has over 6000 droids on it doesn't amount as anywhere near as significant as the Republic or the Sith (Both the Sith and Republic likely control thousands of worlds with over billions of people supporting each side) 

And on top of all that remember how the Sith on Manaan where training Selkath youth into Dark Jedi to overthrow the Selkath Government? Well let's say if that did happen it's a safe bet they'll find all the trading deals with M4-78 and the coordinates to get there which means the Sith could have possibly invaded M4-78 during the Jedi Civil War and pretended to be there colonist like they do in EP and use the droid army they are building against the Republic (Some may argue this is pointless as they have a Star Forge but having more droids is probably a good idea). 

This may also mean whoever the colonist were they were allies with the Selkath Government or the Colonist were a big organization that controlled many worlds but they obeyed Republic Law and didn't go to war with them and when they tried to colonize M4-78 by sending droids to the planet the Colonist maybe abandoned the planet as they found a better one to colonize and they accidently forgot to inform the Selkath about their deal so the Selkath sent Kolto to M4-78 even though the world wasn't going to be used by anyone. I do not believe the Selkath were the Colonist as I doubt they'd need to leave Manaan since they need water to survive (Those special suits they where keeps there skin moist so they don't die) and I doubt they would droids to Colonise other worlds when they could just use those droids as law enforcers on Athto. Also I highly doubt Athto could house 6000 droids as well as a bunch of offworlders and Selkath (You could say a large number of them were built on M4-78 but they'd need to build a large number anyway to build the factories on M4-78) 

When the droids arrived it was 60 years before the events in TSL happened (It isn't exactly 60 but it's somewhere along the lines of 60) long before the Jedi Civil War even started so something during the Exar Kun War made the colonist think twice before inhabiting M4-78 (Maybe a Massive Asteroid was supposed to hit the planet so the Colonist abandoned the planet and there droids to die but the asteroid didn't hit)! I also do believe building a Colony on a planet would take a long time so the Colonist could have abandoned the planet 20 years before the events in TSL or maybe the Colonist were disorganised and abandoned and that's why they didn't colonise M4-78 or maybe they were wiped out during the Mandalorian/ Exar Kun wars!

That would be my bet on how the Selkath knew about M4-78 but again this is just a fan mod that can be changed at any moment if Zybl2 gives the word and not official Canon material (Or Legends Material if you want to look at it like that)

I hope that made any sense :hope:

Well as you said, things can be changed quite easily. Of course if you choose to go with your version, the whole Selkath plot would make little sense. However, you could also argue that with the end of the Jedi Civil War the galaxy wide Kolto demand decreased drastically so the Selkath chose to allow small traders (like the one in the old version of M4-78) to sell kolto independently of the government. I mean the trade between the droids and the Selkath could have been going on for years, or simply been a very recent thing. I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to spin a chain of events for the Selkath thing to make sense, if one wanted to do so.

But what's wrong with the Selkath? I never had any issues with them or their voice-over. Care to elaborate on that? I always disliked Manaan the most as a kid, but that was due to it being a lot of talking for the first half. Nowadays, especially with the addition of the pazaak tournament, it's one of my favorite planets for sure.

Well as you said, things can be changed quiet easily. Of course if you choose to go with your version, the hole selkath plot would make little sense. However, you could also argue that with the end of the Jedi Civil War the galaxy wide Kolto demand decreased drastically so the Selkath chose to allow small traders (like the one in the old version of M4-78) to sell kolto independently of the government. I mean the trade between the droids and the Selkath could have been going on for years, or simply been a very recent thing. I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to spin a chain of events for the Selkath thing to make sense, if one wanted to do so.

But what's wrong with the Selkath? I never had any issues with them or their voice-over. Care to elaborate on that? I always disliked Manaan the most as a kid, but that was due to it being a lot of talking for the first half. Nowadays, especially with the addition of the pazaak tournament, it's one of my favorite planets for sure.

For the Voice, compared to the other voice overs they were just annoying and literally, nearly every NPC on Manaan had the Selkath voice over and on top of that, some of the Selkath Dialogue were long so you'll be hearing what literally sounds like Satan Choking for a solid 5 minutes straight. And as you said you got used to it but Kotor 2 was made a year after...I bet it didn't take a year to get used to the Selkath for you! But someone could record random noises that sound like Selkath, apply a filter to it and you could just make a New voice over for the Selkath. 

For the theory, the droids ordering the Kolto themselves and having it shipped over doesn't seem to make a lot of sense as they are droids. They are programmed to do things their masters want them to do, they have no emotion, they aren't people, they don't need the Kolto for themselves as they are droids, Sending Kolto to droids is like sending Medical Supplies to a country full of moving toasters. I feel like the Colonist would place an order for Kolto and for the Selkath to send the Kolto to M4-78 (where the droids will take the Kolto and prepare it for Colonist use) when the Main AI M4-78 decided it was time to add Kolto to the colony when he felt is was ready, Skip 60 years and M4-78 sends the order to start shipping Kolto to M4-78!

I think you misunderstood me, I never had any issues with the VO to begin with. As a kid I simply preferred combat over talking in Kotor so I hated the parts with lots of talking and little fighting. I was never bothered when listening to the Selkath, but I guess now I see which part was annoying to people.

As for the theory, wasn't the droids task to prepare the colony for their colonist and provide them with all they need once they arrive? I'd say it's not too far fetched for them to start buying Kolto by themselves once the Sith arrived, especially if the Sith informed them about their war with the Republic etc.

My recollection is that all organics other than Kaah and Vash were cut so as to focus on the droids.

What JC said is right. Selkath was directly linked to the Sith Survivor plot line which was cut.

Hassat's hatred of them had nothing to do with it as he had no impact on the design back then.

From the base game, it's a safe bet to say they didn't want Selkath. Don't take my word for it but some features in Kotor 2 are based on consumer feedback from Kotor 1 (One feature based on consumer feedback is the ability to play as a Jedi from the start) and the fans probably hated the Selkath likely due to their voice over so they didn't use them. If they did try to use them however they would have likely made a new voice over for them similar to what they did for the Twi'lek voice over but they probably gave up as it was too complex and time-consuming. I should also mention the Selkath NPC is in the games files so a Selkath restoration could be made if someone is willing to make a new voice over for the Selkath.

Well, what Obsidian wanted doesn't matter in this context since Selkath stuff is not based on anything they made, it's an idea someone on M4-78 team had.

For the record, Avellone once said that "he almost threw the controller at TV while playing Manaan because the game was getting so awesome".

As for the rest of the discussion, even in the current version of the mod they still get Kolto from Manaan. I assume it's pretty much off the record and whoever is selling doesn't know it's being sold to the Sith or a secret droid planet.

• Like 1

While their vo on kotor was a pain it was pretty much a TOR thing, where they managed to make them even more annoying, somehow.
Also by the time I came on the team the plot was pretty much done. Heck, the planet was pretty much done. Just vo-less, engrish and buggy.

Well as you said, things can be changed quite easily.

Changing over THE ENTIRE PLANET is quite easily? Damn.

Of course I wasn't serious about you being the cause for the removal, I'm sorry if you took any offence in my joke.

Also I wasn't talking about the entire mod, but rather the hole Selkath Kolto delivery background lore. I understand that a lot of work went into restoring M4-78 and I really appreciate everything that was done to improve one of my favourite games of all time.

This has been bugging me for a while, but so as long as I'm supposedly reminiscing about M4-78 I thought I'd bring it up. Vash is currently voiced by two separate actresses - Vanessa Marshall in the holorecording and Kath Soucie on M4-78. I think. I'm maybe 75% sure it's the two of them.

So I've been wondering if there is or ever was a plan to recast her, and what everyone would think of such a plan.

I've been modding recently and though I could maybe update this thread again. I think I promised to talk about the cut "Sith Survivor" plot at some point.

You know That Door in the Industrial Zone? Sealed one, half way through the Zone, with a whole complicated and confusing quest to open it?
Well, that quest was always part of the planet. However, what happens on the other side of the Zone has been rewritten on at least three separate occasions.

Way back when I joined, you were supposed to be attacked on sight by droids on the other side of that door. You would fight your way to those ziggy-zaggy rooms at the bottom of the map, which currently serve as Design/Testing departments. IS-24 had some voiced lines left over in game files, one of them being an apology for attacking the player. Ultimately, I made a decision to cut all that and make the whole Industrial Zone kind of actionless.

Anyway, once you reached current Design/Testing rooms, you would be approached by one of the droids who would explain the situation. The reason they attacked was to protect a sole Sith Survivor, the only Colonist to survive the radiation leak.

There was a whole deal with getting Kolto to cure him after that - I think I explained most of it in my previous posts. You needed to cure the Survivor, otherwise the droids wouldn't let you through. We wanted to have LS/DS choice where you'd select a different treatment for him, and I liked the idea of a moral dilemma behind it - would a good Jedi let him recover, or should he get lower quality Kolto and barely survive, because the Sith doesn't deserve any better? This decision would probably impact his skill in a boss fight later on.

Of course, none of that ever made it into the game. Old design document - and UTC file left over in the released version of a mod ;) - is all that's left of the idea. Whole meeting with him was fairly well described, though, so I'll copy and paste it under a spoiler - it's long.

Meeting with the past - Saruv:

You eventually get into the Sealed Chambers. Once you’re in and get to the third room, you meet with Saruv (working name). He’s a male. A little back-story. You and Saruv fought together in the Mandalorian Wars. You weren’t best friend or any other “sweet” stuff, you both simply followed Revan and knew each other, as soldiers do each other on a battlefield.

Saruv is really surprised to see you (saying sth like “You’re the last person I would expect to see here” or “When I said to my droids that I want to speak with the person who found a kolto, I would never guess it would be you”). He hasn’t seen you since the end of the Mandalorian Wars.

#1. You have an option to ask Saruv about what he’s been doing for all these year. He explains that unlike you, who “retired” after Mandalorian Wars, he eventually became a Sith, and continued to serve under Revan and Malak in the times of the Jedi Civil War. As Saruv dives into the recent history of the Sith Order, his contempt towards Revan reveals itself. He says that for all he done to fight against the Jedi Order’s hypocrisy, he did much more damage to the Sith themselves.

Revan was LS:

Saruv belives that because of Revan’s neglect to reclaim the title of the Dark Lord of the Sith after he defeated Malak, the Sith Order, the only force capable of removing the disease that the Jedi Order was, was nearly destroyed when the lack of a leadership turned the Sith Lords at each other in a fight for the control over the Sith Empire.

Revan was DS:

Saruv belives that because of Revan’s incomprehensible departure from the Republic space after he reclaimed the title of the Dark Lord of the Sith from Malak, the Sith Order, the only force capable of removing the disease that the Jedi Order was, was nearly destroyed when the lack of a leadership turned the Sith Lords at each other in a fight for the control over the Sith Empire.

Saruv says that the Jedi Order is and always was a disease that has to be erased form the face of the galaxy. Their lack of willingness to take action when necessary, hypocrisy, lies, their weakness and other things that has made the Republic nearly collapse many times in the past. Only the Sith can ensure the stability and safety of the Galaxy. Saruv says that Revan thought he was the center of the universe and it was all about him, not the Sith or the Jedi. He was too sure of his own strength and that he thought he was smarter than everyone else which is a bullshit in his opinion. He says that all Revan accomplished and claimed as his own was because of the people who decided to join him and help him, by the time when the Mandalorians invaded the Republic and later on when he went after Malak at the end of the Jedi Civil War. Revan thought he could defeat anyone all by himself. Saruv says that some have been saying that Revan had surely a greater plan in his mind, but he thinks it was simply his belief of his own superiority. Saruv asks you rhetorically if you can imagine what would have happened to the Galaxy if the Mandalorians regrouped and decided to strike again after the Jedi Civil War and Revan’s departure from the known space, with the Jedi order seriously crippled, the Sith Order in a state of a civil war and the Republic itself weaker then ever. Saruv concludes by saying that his Master (Sion) with the help of the other two Lords of the Triumvirate were the saviors of the Sith Order, uniting them under a common goal to destroy the Jedi Order. He praises his Master but says that even he commits mistakes sometimes. When you ask him what mistakes is his talking about, he refuses to go into details, saying that it’s not your business.

#2. You can ask him what is he doing on this planet, but he will answer you that he doesn’t meddle into your business and ask what are you doing here, so you should just do the same.

#2a. You can point that you are surprised to see the Sith here depending on the droids so deeply as you were made to believe the Sith (and especially Sion) despise them generally for being deaf to the Force. Saruv responds that not every Sith is the same and he believes that being deaf to the Force has it’s many advantages. Saruv says that even though the Sith knew the Force, it didn’t help them in surviving the radiation. Droids on the other side didn’t have any problems. They even saved one of the allegedly-stronger-because-of-the-Force Sith (him). Additionally, there are such unique and undeniable advantages of the droids as loyalty and reliability (if maintained regularly of course), the obedience and the easiness of ordering them various tasks (note: there could a HK’s ecstatic line about how he loves what he’s hearing – a thing to-do-later). Saruv says that it was the reason why he has been using the droids. He says that the Great Droid Revolution proved how deadly the droids can be and that no one should trifle their power.

#2b. You can ask him what the Great Droid Revolution was.

The point of including this question is to give the chance the players to figure out the main mystery of the mod even if they don’t know anything about the Great Droid Revolution, or won’t think about checking it on Wookiepedia. Saruv will explain that The Great Droid Revolution was an uprising of droids on Coruscant which occurred 64 years ago (in 4,015 BBY). A rouge HK-01 unit began secretly reprogramming his fellow droids, aiming to liberate his automaton brethren from their sentient masters. HK-01 set the droids to rise up in revolution at his command, and across the galaxy, droids suddenly became violent and aggressive towards their owners. Once-loyal battle droids turned against their masters, and subjugated entire planets in the name of the Droid Revolution. Despite his impressive command of his new army, HK-01 was unable to remain in control of the droids, and his orders were soon deciphered and traced by agents of the Galactic Republic. The Jedi Knights were able to locate the source of these dangerous communications, and shut HK-01 down though the Republic spent many years recovering from the attacks.

#3. You can ask him if the Sith really are the Colonists of this planet. Saruv passes the buck by asking you why do you think the droids would try to save him otherwise. He assures you that enslaving the droids here would not be possible because they were programmed to serve only to the Colonists.

#4. When asked about the recent events on M4-78, Saruv tells you that he doesn’t believe the radiation leak was only an “accident” and that he will find out what has really happened.

The following option are accessible right from the very beginning of the conversation if you do not wish to speak with Saruv at all.

LS option:

You say that since he is a Sith, you will have to kill him (you saved him only because you needed to get pass the Sealed Chambers). Saruv responds that you could try, but if you kill him, you will not be able to get into the Industrial Core and speak with IS-24 as he’s the only one who can give you an access to the Industrial Core.

Neutral option:

You just say that you need to go now.

DS option:

You say that you want to take over this colony from him. Saruv responds that you could try, but if you kill him, you will not be able to get into the Industrial Core and speak with IS-24 as he’s the only one who can give you an access to the Industrial Core.

After you choose either of the three options above, Saruv tells you that the droids have informed him you wanted to get into the Industrial Core and speak with IS-24. He says that he is grateful to you for saving him and in return, will give you an access to the Central Core. He says that unless your business doesn’t conflict with his interest, you are free to do whatever you want on M4-78. After this, he tells that one of his droids will “escort” you out of the Sealed Chambers. Saruv watches as you leave the room and head to the Industrial Core. The command droid (the one you were dealing with earlier on) appears and walks towards his Master. Saruv is looking in the direction you went for the whole time.

“Did you feel it too?” Saruv asks the command droid. The machine doesn’t know what his Master is talking about and doesn’t respond.

“No… Of course you didn’t.” says to himself.

Command droid ask what did his Master felt.

“I am not sure yet.” Responds Saruv. He keeps staring in the spot you disappeared for a second. Then he turns around and walks towards the opposite exit of the Sealed Chambers.

“Find out who attacked us. And… keep an eye on the Exile.” says while leaving the Sealed Chambers. Fade to black.

(probably written by Sharen Thrawn, but it's been 8 years so you can't blame me if I'm wrong)

There was an idea thrown around, which I liked, that the Sith Survivor should have been "just a guy with a big gun", rather than a lightsaber wielding force user.

He would return for the finale at the very end of the planet - after M4-78 killed Vash.

When you get out, you and you party members are being surrounded by the droid army aiming at you. A hologram of Saruv appears. He is really pissed at M4-78. He says (more to himself) that this “stupid” droid simply does whatever he wants. First he kills Vash against the Colonist’s order and then he reveals, in an unknown organic’s presence, how did the Sith become the Colonists. “This planet is giving me more problems than I ever thought it would.” adds. You have many conversation options here:

#1. You ask Saruv why did he wanted to Master Vash alive.

Saruv answers that when M4-78 was reactivated, he informed him that Vash was present in the Central Core. Saruv ordered M4-78 to lock her and wait for the droid army to come to take her to the Industrial Zone and locked but M4-78 thought that keeping them alive was too dangerous, as they could break off. Saruv said that he needs them to help him as all the other Sith are dead. He tried to explain to M4-78 that he will enslave their minds with the power of the Dark Side of the Force so they won’t break off but being a droid, M4-78 couldn’t understand it and thought that it was impossible. He considered Vash and Kaah to be too big of a threat to Saruv, the droids and the whole colony and thus decided to kill her. Saruv couldn’t change M4-78’s reasoning, thus he sent the droid army to deactivate M4-78 and stop him. But it was too late. If you let Kaah live during the encounter in the Environmental Core, Saruv will mention that the droid army has captured Vash’s Padawan and that he at least has him to use.

#2. You ask Saruv why couldn’t he just order M4-78 not to kill her if he made him his Colonists himself?

He explains that M4-78 offered the Sith the position of the Colonists under one condition: that he will hold the right to take independent actions. The Sith needed the colony’s capabilities, thus they agreed. They didn’t thought M4-78 would be much of a problem anyway. But they were wrong. Saruv says that it seems like all M4-78 wanted was to have the Colonists finally. Any organic who would take some of his responsibilities. He was constantly instructing the Sith how to use the colony’s manufacturing capabilities, what to do etc. The Sith finally found a way to deactivate him by cutting the power off from the whole Central Core.

#3. You ask Saruv why do the Sith Assassins pursue him.

He says that 3 years ago, with his Sith soldiers, they were pursuing a Jedi Master on Karideph. They blew up his ship and were sure he was dead, but instead, he followed them back to Korriban, managed to sneak into the Academy and then attack and kill Sion (in the way Sion dies, means he reemerges again and falls into the DS of the Force even more to keep his body intact). Sion managed to reemerge and kill the Jedi. After that, Sion ordered the Assassins to kill him and his soldiers for their failure. It’s clear Saruv is ashamed of the fact he is being pursued by the Sith Assassins themselves, like he was a Jedi. You can taunt him by saying that Sion was right to order to kill you as your failure could’ve exposed the Sith’s silent war against the Jedi if the Jedi Master managed to defeat his Master and contact with the other Jedi. You can also say that you would have done the same if because of his incompetence, some Jedi Master nearly killed you. He will try to justify himself by saying that they couldn’t predict the Jedi Master would follow them back to Korriban.

#4. You ask Saruv how did they found this planet.

Saruv answers that they needed a good hideout, so they plot a course to an uncharted region of the Meridian Sector (where Korriban and M4-78 falls into), hoping that they will not crash into any star or planet while traveling in hyperspace. When they jumped out of hyperspace, they targeted a lifeless planet nobody knew existed. They decided to hide on it.

#5. You ask Saruv why they accepted M4-78’s offer to become the Colonist?

Saruv says that the Assassins more like well-trained animals. Primal. When they hunt down a prey they can feed on, they will not stop till they find it and fill their hunger. And they always success. Hiding from them can only give one some time. Saruv knew the Assassins’ power and that they wasn’t a match for them. They needed a mean to defeat the Assassins when they would finally find them. The Sith agreed on M4-78’s offer to become the Colonists after they saw the colony’s manufacturing capabilities. Saruv realized that the only way to save their lives in a confrontation with the Assassins was constructing a droid army. The droids, deaf to the Force were undetectable to the Assassins. They would be far weaker against a completely non-sensitive creatures than their usual enemies, the Jedi. The Assassins wouldn’t be able to sense them. They wouldn’t grow stronger in their presence as they why getting closer to the Jedi.

#6. You ask Saruv who the true Colonists were.

He responds that he doesn’t know it, neither the droids, not even M4-78 himself knows anything about them. He notices though that whoever sent the droids here, clearly wanted to make sure the Galaxy doesn’t know about colony’s existence as the planet was never present in any of the Galactic databases. Saruv says the fact that even the droids sent here weren’t informed who the Colonists were means that the Colonists didn’t want to let anyone discover who they were in case someone actually found the colony before they arrived. The droids only knew how to recognize the Colonists when they would appear (ships’ ID signatures). Saruv says that the ID signature of the droids’ ships reveal that they were produced on Coruscant but given that it happened as long time ago as 64 years, it would be impossible to find out now who ordered them. Finally Saruv says that he doubts anyone will be ever able to discover who they actually were as if they didn’t arrive here for so many years, it must mean they died or where killed by someone. Saruv also adds that he doesn’t understand who would be so reckless to grant the droids sent alone a high level of autonomy. If HK-47 is present in your party, he will interrupt and say “Statement: If it was up to me, I definitely would.”

#7. If you want to end the conversation and leave the planet already (as your business here is finished), Saruv tells you that he cannot allow you to leave this planet. He says that when he meet you the first time here, he “saw” something in you. Felt all the death that was caused by the Jedi here on M4-78 in you. He didn’t know how it was possible and couldn’t figure it for a long time what it could mean but somehow, you were transmitting the echoes of the death of the Sith from M4-78. And even when you were far away from him, he could still feel it. And it was as strong as he felt it when he was standing right next to you. Saruv says that he cannot allow you to leave this planet as he thinks you will carry the echoes of the death caused here within yourself and transmit it through the rest of the Galaxy. And it will eventually reach the Sith Assassins that are pursuing him and through you, they will discover the source of the death - M4-78. And find him. Saruv says that the Assassins are pursuing you as well, thus you could join him and help him develop the droid army. When you cannot stay on M4-78, he says that in this case, he has no other choice but to kill you. He tells you to not take it personally (almost like asking you for a forgiveness). He didn’t wanted to do it as you saved his life, but killing you will be better than enslaving by the Force as he thinks you do not deserve  to live a life of a slave, but if you leave this planet, you will eventually make his life end. He had to choose. His life, or yours. He asks you rhetorically you which one would you choose if you were in his position.

After that, he orders the droid army to kill you and your companions. The fight begins. The door to the Landing Arm were sealed, same with the Environmental Zone. You have no choice but to destroy the droids in the Central Zone and then fight with the droid army through the Industrial Zone until you reach the Industrial Core. After you kill all the droids, you enter the Core. Fade to black. A BIK movie of a Sith freighter landing in the Industrial Zone plays.

FINALE:

You notice the cage with Kaah locked inside (if you let him live in the Environmental Core). He is unconscious. Saruv is really surprised to see you and asks how the hell you and your companions managed to break through his army. He says that he will have to kill you himself then. As he is about to attack you, IS-24 interrupts the conversation.

Confrontation with the Assassins:

IS-24 informs Saruv that an unidentified freighter has landed in the Industrial Zone. Saruv is completely surprised. He asks who it is. IS-24 says that no one has came out of the freighter and the scanner shows no sings of life inside it. Hearing this Saruv already knows who it is. He knows who uses such tricks. The Assassins. He orders IS-24 to activate more units of the droid army immediately. Saruv runs to one of the computers located in the Core and contacts with M4-78. A small hologram of M4-78 appears above the panel. He asks M4-78 if it was him who contacted with the Assassins. M4-78 denies. Saruv responds that since ES-05 was cut off from the colony’s systems and deactivated and he’s been watching you all the time since you got out of the Core, it couldn’t have been anyone but M4-78. M4-78 reassures him that he would never do anything to harm the Colonist. He says that he will scan the memory cores of all the droids in the colony to check which one did it. After a moment, M4-78 responds that it was actually ES-05 who used the computer on the Selkath freighter that crashed in the Environmental Zone to sent the message to the Assassins, right before he deactivated her. M4-78 says that he has no idea how did she obtained the access to the Selkath computer. IS-24 interrupts by reporting that he can’t activate more units of the droid army as they’ve been destroyed before he could activate them. Saruv is speechless. He seems to be paralyzed.

After a second, the door to the Industrial Zone opens, but there is no one visible entering the Core. A sound of a stealth generator can be heard moving all around the Core. Saruv realizes the Assassins are in the Core already. After a moment, he is being force pushed against the wall. The Assassins turn their stealth generators off and move towards him. He raises and escapes to IS-24’s chamber, sealing the door behind him. After an unsuccessful attempt to force the door to IS-24’s chamber, they turn to you instead. One of them says something to you in his own language. You are not able to understand it. When they make a move, you draw your weapons. They look at each others and then attack you. You fight. After you kill them, Saruv opens the door to IS-24’s chambers. Since you can get out of the Core now, you have to face him.

Confrontation with Saruv:

Saruv says that it may seem you have saved him again but in reality, you have only delayed the moment he will die. He says that this is a definitive end for him. The Assassins have surely informed his Master where he is. His droid army was destroyed. He will not be able to escape them this time. He asks you did you understand what the Assassins have told to you. He explains that they did not came here to kill you, as he thought they would, but they wanted you to surrender and come with them to Korriban because their Master wants to deal with you himself. Saruv says that you should’ve just gave up. They will find you sooner or later, just like they found him. But he will not allow it happen. He will not allow them to feed on you. Neither he will allow Sion to get all he wants and make him triumph completely. He says that it is his gift for you for saving his life so many times. He attacks you.

During the fight, Saruv is being constantly healed by IS-24 and his health level never reaches 0. You will have to destroy IS-24 first to kill Saruv. To do it, you have to destroy the two droids that are operating IS-24’s computers. When you do it, IS-24 will explode leaving an empty spot in the place he was. Depending on your previous choices, the final fight with Saruv will differ.

Low-class kolto used to cure Saruv:

If you chose low-class kolto, apart from visible wounds and scars on Saruv’s skin, he will be weaker as well. IS-24 will him more often. After destroying IS-24, you will be able to quickly kill Saruv which is a benefit of choosing low-class kolto.

High-class kolto used to cure Saruv:

If you chose high-class kolto, Saruv won’t have any wonds/scars and he will be stronger. IS-24 will heal him less often. After destroying IS-24, it will be hard to kill Saruv himself which is a drawback of choosing high-class kolto.

It's kind of funny to read it now, and I'd kind of want to go trough it point-by-point and point out all the problems I have with that doc... but I won't do it now.

So that's what the finale was supposed to be, at one point. I don't like the idea of forcing player to stay on the planet after finding a Jedi Master - I remember than in each next iteration of the script, I was always against forcing player to stay so long. I wanted players to talk to Vash, then M4-78 and be on their way.

There you have it. The Sith Survivor plot.

I may come back next year with more old stories ideas ;)

• Like 2

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

^^^ That was an interesting read.