jc2

MOD:Save Mission

Save Mission

JC2 PRESENTS
                                                                                                                                           SAVE MISSION

There are two options > Leave Mission on the Unknown Planet.

Or:

Convince Mission to stay with your crew and serve you.

However, this mod doesn't remove the option to kill Mission, that is stilll present in the game if you choose the third dialogue.
For clarity, saving Mission begins with "You're all alone.. " (This should be the first option)

Leaving Mission behind on the Planet begins with "Go on Mission - Get out of here ... " (second option)

Two additional dialogue options have been added that appeal more to the themes of kotor and to the Sith (as suggested by SH).
They are the last two options of the six total options and result in keeping Mission.

Most lines are voiced by Mission so there's an element of realism to the mod, the additional lines spoken by Mission Vao use vanilla female twi'lek voice over,
This is K1R compatible.

----------------------------------------

Installation: Unzip file, place into override,
Uninstall: Delete from override.

Incompatible with Spare Mission and Zaalbar by Scarrab & any other mod that edits the "unk41_mission.dlg" file.

Hope you enjoy!

As always feel free to leave Negative/Postive feedback! This includes sending me a better screenshot, since my computer can't handle graphics of any kind, ever...

Important Note:
The current problem with the mod, is that if you talk to Mission again after this conversation, she will result to conversations opened up only after you crash on the Lehon (unknown planet) and will not seem to recognize your recent actions as SIth Lord and whatever option you chose. This presents a bit of issue with a lack of immersion, to avoid this. Don't talk to Mission again! This is what may be updated later.

Contact me for bugs, issues, or feeback by PM or writing a review here.

FYI: Red Mission reskin is a seperate mod by LoganZeZima "Reskinned Mission Vao."

Credits:
Thanks Deadlystream for hosting my mod.
Thanks SH and Death'a'Barbar for suggestions
Thanks FS for the DLG editor tool
Thank you ! For downloading the mod.
Requested by Death'a'barbar.

• Submitter
    jc2
  • Submitted
    02/02/2017
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

Really original idea though I don't really use Mission at all after the Zalbaar rescue mission on Taris because she hits the ground faster than most players who listen to Trask Ulgo's tutorial Dialogue!

On a serious note why is your settings on low? Does your PC really lag when it's on high (If you can even consider it high)

• Like 1

Will she show up in the ending cinematic if you're DS?

No, she won't.. I think this might be worth adding.. 

Really original idea though I don't really use Mission at all after the Zalbaar rescue mission on Taris because she hits the ground faster than most players who listen to Trask Ulgo's tutorial Dialogue!

On a serious note why is your settings on low? Does your PC really lag when it's on high (If you can even consider it high)

Glad you liked it.. and yes, my computer is trash.. I set it on higher sometimes, but I had it on the lowest possible because I was doing something... I can't remember what.. but yeah I apologize for the utter failures of screenshots I have... not to mention she's not wearing anything.. If you have a better screenshot, by all means Please Send it TO ME! xD 

Nice one!

Thanks! I'm glad people liked it. 

No, she won't.. I think this might be worth adding. . .

If there's an animation that is supposed to represent sadness, that seems the most fitting for Mission Vao surviving in that timeline.

If there's an animation that is supposed to represent sadness, that seems the most fitting for Mission Vao surviving in that timeline.

There is. It's that one head down, slowly shaking head left to right, palms facing away from the person, looking miserable.. Yuthura does it several times, after you best her in combat... Then again Revan could have manipulated her into believing it to be right. If the PC went dark side the entire time, then Revan had already convinced her that the Hidden Bek mocked her... and didn't respect her.. In that same way, Revan could have manipulated her once more with the same line of thinking that the Sith would respect her, and she wouldn't need anyone else but herself. Complete independence to do whatever she wished, no rules, no restrictions, no Carth to Daddy you.. .. It may not fit with everyone's "head canon" but it is a plausible, albeit, hypothetical, explanation. 

If I'm going dark side, I want the galaxy to worship me and see everything as I want them to! 

Then again Revan could have manipulated her into believing it to be right. If the PC went dark side the entire time, then Revan had already convinced her that the Hidden Bek mocked her... and didn't respect her.. In that same way, Revan could have manipulated her once more with the same line of thinking that the Sith would respect her, and she wouldn't need anyone else but herself.

Then you'll have to indicate that clearly in the conversation - to show her why she should love you without hesitation.  As it's a Bioware game, KotOR has an extreme binary of good and evil.  You would have to subvert that.

Or you could have both options: sadness if you've forced her to join you unwillingly, utter joy if you've manipulated her/performed a mind trick on her.

Just some choices for you.

Those are some great ideas. Idk why anybody hasn't thought about making a mod like this before.

• Like 1

Then you'll have to indicate that clearly in the conversation - to show her why she should love you without hesitation.  As it's a Bioware game, KotOR has an extreme binary of good and evil.  You would have to subvert that.

Or you could have both options: sadness if you've forced her to join you unwillingly, utter joy if you've manipulated her/performed a mind trick on her.

Just some choices for you.

Ohhh, that is good! I think I will rework it to include those options. However, I am unsure of how to edit cutscenes.. so that presents an obstacle. 

Taking the advice given by SH, I have reworked and updated the file to include more binary evil choices, though keeping the original 2 choices. I thought this would still pay tribute to the request by Death'a'Barbar to either leave Mission behind or keep her as a companion, while attempting to incorperate Bioware's lightside/darkside binary system.