Photo

High Quality Blades (an actual Work in Progress...no, seriously)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 l2daorch

l2daorch

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

Great mod for sure. It's quiet annoying having to install Fresh Toasty's stuff atm, then dropping your blasters over it and then someone else's lightsabers. Would be really great to get all three from the same source, similar to Quanon's party skins. Really great to see that it'll soon be possible to install texture replacements for everything from only a couple different sources.

Those blades from the op look really sick, can't wait!

#22 Circa

Circa

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

I came into this expecting an HQ saber blade mod but this is probably even better. Nice job.

#23 Lawkmt3

Lawkmt3

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationEndor

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

This is probably a very stupid question so please bear with me. Is there a way to make a "true" Exar's double-bladed Lightsaber model? His double blade had a single handed hilt. I don't mean it has to be his saber, but I've always wanted a one-handed double-blade option. Again I'm just wondering if it's possible, not trying to tell you what to do with your mod. Thanks for listening.

#24 Seikan

Seikan

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

Well, the main issue with a single handed hilt double bladed lightsaber would be animations, since one of your character's hands would constantly be holding the laser blade, or if you go for the single bladed lightsaber animations it might be weird and your character might be constantly hitting himself with the blade, so unless people don't mind about those issues I think it will be quite unlikely to happen.

#25 Lawkmt3

Lawkmt3

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationEndor

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

UGH, that's a shame.

#26 RustyPirate

RustyPirate

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:49 AM

Better make it snappy Sithspecter, I have a playthrough to finish. Don't waste your time with lightsaber remodeling/retexturing due to the amount of mods are out there just for that, but go ahead if you simply just want to only if you organize the files separately without an installer.  Same goes for the quarterstaffs, especially for K2. As for the rest, I hope you create more diversity when it comes to the models of the weapons that share the same one, but with only a different texture. Unlike your High Quality Blasters. Other than that, you are not lying when you put High Quality in the name of your mods. Keep up the great work that I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate. Have a great day boyo.

#27 SHEEN

SHEEN

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:52 AM

Will there be an option to just replace the vanilla melee weapons except light sabers, so it would be compatible with SLM 2.0?

#28 134340Goat

134340Goat

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:53 AM

Will there be an option to just replace the vanilla melee weapons except light sabers, so it would be compatible with SLM 2.0?

I'd imagine it's as simple as choosing not to put in the files for the modded sabers

#29 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationSuper Secret GenoHaradan Base

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:16 AM

Have you made any progress on this, Sithspecter?

#30 superSzym

superSzym

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

SLM does not modify vanilla saber hilts, it just adds new ones.

#31 Revanator

Revanator

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:31 AM

I take it this died?

#32 Mutilator57

Mutilator57

Loyal and Stalwart Defender of Australian Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationA Land of Sunburnt Plains

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:46 AM

It's pretty usual to go for long periods without an update. I wouldn't worry about it! Nevertheless, as much as I hate to be the one to have to say it...

'Release dates are for those who don't care about quality in mods'

- Sith Holocron.

"The measure of success is not merchandise, but character" - Calvin Coolidge

"It was treachery...with a smile on its face. Perhaps that was the worst thing of all" - Margaret Thatcher

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever" - Kreia

#33 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

Since you're quoting me, didn't I say it? ;)

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#34 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:04 AM

I take it this died?

In my eyes, it ain't dead until either author claims it is or the author disappears completely.

Since Sithspector is still online daily there is still hope he will finish this mod, however, he doesn't seem to post anymore but I'm sure he will update us sooner or later.

#35 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:22 AM

I take it this died?

This is example of bumping, which is against our rules. Further bumps will be dealt with on a case by case basis - from a warning to a temporary ban to a permanent one. This is your warning - and in fact a warning to everyone that reads this thread.

I hope my point is clear.

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

Here are my mods. Please rate and leave some feedback if you've liked any of them in your game!

Not approving mods.  PM one of these other folks if you mod is not reviewed within 24 hours.

#36 Sithspecter

Sithspecter

Sleheyron Architect

• Administrators
  • 621 posts
  • LocationSleheyron

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

My apologies for my extended hiatus from working on this mod and others. During the summer months I have focused my energies on more outdoor activities and have put modding on the back shelf. As fall and winter are coming, I expect to have more time to work on my projects here.

signaturegizka2-1.gif

#37 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:49 PM

My apologies for my extended hiatus from working on this mod and others. During the summer months I have focused my energies on more outdoor activities and have put modding on the back shelf. As fall and winter are coming, I expect to have more time to work on my projects here.

On the bright side, at least you're willing to apologize and admit your mistakes, unlike He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

#38 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

On the bright side, at least you're willing to apologize and admit your mistakes, unlike He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

I'm right here guys 

Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. - Proverbs 4:23

#39 Domino5555

Domino5555

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

I'm right here guys 

Fine, I'll make it obvious: I was talking about TSLRP.

#40 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

Fine, I'll make it obvious: I was talking about TSLRP.

I believe you confused VarsityPuppet with a different user 

I also do not believe Dashus is forbidden to be mentioned. He might have worked on a really anticipated project then refused to release the source code when he realized he couldn't finish it when it was nearly finished but he actually didn't break any rules as far as I'm aware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users