Tabbris

Playable Togruta Mod?

Hi all, first time posting on DeadlyStream so sorry if I'm not following any specific rules  etc.

Recently I've wanted to play through KOTOR 1 & 2 with a Togruta but can't find any mods that will let me do so. The one that I have found was controversial as he used another persons mod without approval, and even then he didn't finish it, as he stated that the head cannot move and the eyes are pure black (can provide a link to the post if required)

So I have a request of can someone make a mod (preferably for K2 but would be more than happy with a functioning K1 version) of a playable Togruta (and if it isn't a hassle, could it be modelled similarly to Shaak Ti)?

If you need any extra information please let me know! :)

There is no pre-existing one that I am aware of, aside from an extremely basic reskin someone did of a Twi'lek (which looks nothing like a Togruta). The likelihood of someone modelling one from scratch for you is extremely low.

Edit: I see you posted a pic of a Togruta head in K1 over on Reddit. I had forgotten all about that one. From memory it was a half-assed port of a Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy mod which was done without the original author's permission. I believe this JKA mod was the source, but it was itself ported from someone else's JKO mod. Anyone wanting to use that as a source would need to secure proper permission from all the authors to use it first.

I think DarhParametric beat me to it but I remember a thread here on Deadlystream of a Playable Torguta work in progress that recreated Shaak Ti in Kotor but I don't have a link to it but I think Fair Strides might.

Anyone wanting to use that as a source would need to secure proper permission from all the authors to use it first.

If I got permission from all parties about using the models/mods, would it be permissible to ask for someone to animate the model from the original WIP mod that was referenced in the reddit thread and would it be more likely for someone to help with that as they would have a base model to work with?

Getting permission would be a start (indeed a requirement of pursuing the matter further here), but I wouldn't expect to be inundated with offers of help. There is a dearth of character skinners in the KOTOR community. I was going to model Togruta heads from scratch myself a while back, but abandoned the notion for that very reason, i.e. who is going to skin it? I've had a pair of Nautolan heads sitting there for 18 months, waiting for someone to come along.

DP if i had a better PC i would love to try skinning those, but as it is, i cant sculpt in blender for crap due to the GPU overheating and lagging really bad, and i imagine painting would be the same. Shame, cause i have all these cool brushes i would like to test out.

Ok, my mistake. that is something i am not experienced with yet. I have attempted it some in other games, but even then my work was corrected by others.