Lawkmt3

Mysterious Stranger Mask

Am I the only one who thinks it might be a little odd that your face is plastered all over Taris's screens for both the Dueling Ring and the Swoop Race and Calo Nord tells Malak "Hey you know those peeps Bastila is hanging with, you DO know one of them is your former Boss right?"

First, how does Calo figure that out? Second why is he out of all the Sithy's on Taris the only person aware of this fact? I've always thought, (and it's been in fanfic from day 1) that PC should wear a mask for dueling and swooping! Also why are you giving out auto-prints? You're supposed to be on a secret mission! 

How Calo found out has long been a question. The best guess I've heard is that you were at Davik's estate longer than the game seems to imply, and the Exchange's background check managed to dig up some interesting details

I agree with you about a dueling ring mask, though. It wouldn't be too hard to set up a script to equip a mask on you, and given Ajuur is just speaking Huttese and you're mute, the subtitles/dialogue could easily be modified to include something like that. I could even imagine maybe if you beat Bendak, they could allow you to keep the mask, perhaps. Would be some cool, hopefully useful headgear. I'm for this idea!

Am I the only one who thinks it might be a little odd that your face is plastered all over Taris's screens for both the Dueling Ring and the Swoop Race and Calo Nord tells Malak "Hey you know those peeps Bastila is hanging with, you DO know one of them is your former Boss right?"

First, how does Calo figure that out? Second why is he out of all the Sithy's on Taris the only person aware of this fact? I've always thought, (and it's been in fanfic from day 1) that PC should wear a mask for dueling and swooping! Also why are you giving out auto-prints? You're supposed to be on a secret mission! 

Maybe he has seen Revan without his mask on? Is that possible? Maybe he decided to keep quiet because he knew he could use him as a bargaining chip later on. Also begs the question as to why Carth did not recognize Revan as he surely would have seen him in the mandalorian wars being Saul karaths apprentice

How Calo found out has long been a question. The best guess I've heard is that you were at Davik's estate longer than the game seems to imply, and the Exchange's background check managed to dig up some interesting details

Or he simply gives detailed description of Revan's face, and Malak puts the two together himself.

• Like 1

From the wording and reactions of Saul Karath and Malak, I believe the events went like this:

-Calo survives and is insulted that someone one-upped him.

-Sith puts out a bounty on Bastila and any one who helps her.

-Calo goes to provide info and hope to get hired so he can get vengeance and get paid for it.

-Given his level of info, someone in the hierarchy funnels things around and gets Calo a direct meeting with Saul Karath.

-Saul dutifully records info on Bastila, Carth, and other companions; realizes the importance of Calo's description of one of Bastila's companions in particular.

-Presents Calo to Darth Malak and gives the hints we get in that scene; meeting goes behind closed doors.

Whether Calo ever learns that you're Darth Revan or not is ambiguous and info lost in the void, but at the very least, he probably figured out Malak and Saul were very interested in that companion of Bastila's dying.

• Like 1

That makes sense kid :P Still, I would say you wouldn't want your face plastered everywhere. You need credits from swooping, bounty hunting, and Pazaak but you can't be famous until the end when Vandar tells the galaxy who you really are. 

You people sure do love to bloat request threads with off-topic discussions.....

Is there any established canon form for masks for either the Beks or Vulkars? I couldn't find anything with a quick search, although I know in SWTOR their Vulkar outfit comes with racing goggles - http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/black-vulkar-swooper/

The problem with KOTOR is the lack of an easy way to hide the head when equipping full helmets, so unless you want something for a specific head you'll probably have to go with something akin to the existing face masks if you want to cover the whole face. I always hated how they looked personally, but there isn't much in the way of other options, aside from some sort of goggle and breath mask combo maybe.

I thought a re-skin of Marka Ragnos's mask and a hood like on the Dark Jedi, would do it. I am not a modder, I know nothing about re-programing or anything technical. I just "think out loud."

• Like 1

The Dark Jedi is a full body model. There's no practical way to convert the hood and face mask into an equippable mask without it clipping with pretty much every armour and face model. You could set the whole model as a disguise, but then you'd be wearing the full outfit.

• Like 1

That's not a terrible idea, a flashy color scheme to appeal to the spectacle of Dueling, Swooping, and the Paazak tournament. Besides, you could just add it to the inventory in Kebla Yurt's shop.  

The female model just has the standard grey and black texture, but interestingly the male version has 4 other colour variations. I don't ever recall seeing those in the game, but it has been a while since I played through K1.

K1_Dark_Jedi_Male_TH.jpg

Whatever colour scheme you ended up going with, there would need to be some skin colour variants to account for player race.

It's a great model for what I'm thinking. I'm also thinking the color scheme could also be fairly theatrical without being cartoonish.

Three of those are for the dark side route on the SF, replacing the duel with Bastilla, and one of those is for the Sith Master in the Manaan Sith Base, I believe. Maybe another one somewhere in the Rakatan temple

I wouldn't be opposed to something flashy for the dueling ring, but just straight up putting you in a Sith outfit would break the immersion

I wouldn't be opposed to something flashy for the dueling ring, but just straight up putting you in a Sith outfit would break the immersion

21e01a63a710412df129cf435e2e1af7.jpg

What about this? Might be neat, otherwise you could choose figuratively any bounty hunter set from TOR. 

Well, obviously you don't want to look like a Sith! Unless you're going to the lower City the first time. IDK, personally, I am drawn to colorful (within reason) and sleek things.

Well, obviously you don't want to look like a Sith! Unless you're going to the lower City the first time. IDK, personally, I am drawn to colorful (within reason) and sleek things.

But you hardly want it to be too reminiscent of the Sith, Mandalorians or Revan though. 

How do you link things here. I'd like to share a link to my Jedi and Sith Gallery on DeviantArt?

How do you link things here. I'd like to share a link to my Jedi and Sith Gallery on DeviantArt?

Either just copy past the link or highlight text, press the paperclip icon, then paste the link to make that go to it

I just copy the link I want to copy and I just paste it.