84 replies to this topic

#81 djh269

djh269

Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

Yeah I knew of Yodas approach to love and family, Qui Gonn was a bit of a rogue to the order as well wasn't he? And he would of passed down a lot of his beliefs to Yoda, Obi Wan and Luke as a ghost. 

I loved the far away shot of Rey swinging her lightsaber, I don't know why. 

The title has been ripped into since they released it. 

#82 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

That trailer was super "meh"

Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. - Proverbs 4:23

#83 zbyl2

zbyl2

Evil Overlord

• Administrators
  • 870 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

Music that doesn't immedietaly scream Star Wars, no familar imaginary or easily noticeable fan service... it almost feels like they're making a new movie instead of cashing in on nostalgia alone like the last two?

I approve!

#84 superSzym

superSzym

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

Music that doesn't immedietaly scream Star Wars, no familar imaginary or easily noticeable fan service... it almost feels like they're making a new movie instead of cashing in on nostalgia alone like the last two?

I approve!

It depends on what nostalgia you mean, Rogue One was nostalgia in terms of design and filled with nostalgic Easter Eggs, while Episode VII was nostalgic through its storyline.

What I noticed is that when we see Kylo Ren's face during duel, he has a scar and a cataract on his right eye, finally looking decent and intimidating. I also liked every shot with Rey and Ahch-To. And, every rumour turned out to be false - that we won't see Luke (No face-revealing, yet he's present) and that we'll see Princess General Leia.

#85 Guibaesa

Guibaesa

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Star wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer!

https://www.youtube....h?v=-qsg0fku78o

Are they talking about the Jedi as a religion or any light side users of the force are going to be killed haha?

I believe that Luke came to the same conclusion that Kreia did thousands of years before him.

Light side, dark side, alone, they are incomplete on themselves, for they are simply pieces of a whole

Only combined, they achive meaning and true balance may be achived.

Just like it was with Revan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users