Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Argh! You beat me to it... >:|

Seems like that should have been the title for Ep 9

Well, we have no idea of the context yet- personally after Carrie Fisher's passing I doubt immensely that it refers to the death of Luke Skywalker. 

Well, we have no idea of the context yet- personally after Carrie Fisher's passing I doubt immensely that it refers to the death of Luke Skywalker. 

Jedi is both singular and plural. So it probably refers to Rey and Luke. I would go so far and speculate that Rey and Luke are maybe searching for other force user (Like Maz Kanata) that they can recruit.

What a boring title

Wow, so not only wrong about Kotor 2 but this as well? lol

#Pessimistic. 

Wow, so not only wrong about Kotor 2 but this as well? lol

#Pessimistic. 

Dont know how saying the title is boring makes me a pessimist. All im saying is its not very creative and now we know that this movie will probably focus on Luke Skywalker more than other characters. Don't know what you mean by K2 though?

Really? What a lack of creativity, Johnson! This title is not boring not because it's simple. "The Sith Lords" is not boring. It perfectly matches the theme. "The Last Jedi" is boring because it was already used multiple times.

Really? What a lack of creativity, Johnson! This title is not boring not because it's simple. "The Sith Lords" is not boring. It perfectly matches the theme. "The Last Jedi" is boring because it was already used multiple times.

IT LACKS CREATIVITY much like The force awakens. Dont be surprised if 'The Last Jedi' probably rips off another big movie in Star Wars or maybe a game ;) this time

It could be incredibly central to the theme. So what if it was used before if this is the case?

& I'd actually argue K2's title is ill fitting. 

Really? Are they serious?

I'm disappointed, and not only with the lack of creativity

At least they could bring themselves to put at least four words in the title, but not even that?

Even a title like "The First Order strikes Back" would be more exciting.

• Like 1

IT LACKS CREATIVITY much like The force awakens. Dont be surprised if 'The Last Jedi' probably rips off another big movie in Star Wars or maybe a game ;) this time

I kind of have to agree. The Force Awakens was fine, it didn't have to be like a super interesting title.

Guess my expectations for an engaging sequel title were misplaced.

TFA was ripped because A New Hope shaped a generation and we already saw that The Phantom Menace wasn't a generation shaper and it was a completely new script. The Force Awakens was intended to fascinate a new generation with Star Wars, so they've gone the safe way, disappointing the true fans. Rogue One was a movie for true fans. Considering the fact that The Force Awakens wasn't really long ago, The Last Jedi is a film for those already attracted, it's quite unlikely that they'll go the safe way again, because they'll disappoint both new and old fans.

But the title disappointed me anyway.

• Like 1

HK-47 voice:

Mocking Query: What would be the next ones title? "Star Wars Episode IX: Wait We Found Another Jedi"

• Like 2

HK-47 voice:

Mocking Query: What would be the next ones title? "Star Wars Episode IX: Wait We Found Another Jedi"

Episode 9: Seriously Guys, This one is the Last Jedi

• Like 2

I believe Luke Skywalker will be the last Jedi, Rey will be something... more. 

He's a part of the old religion which makes him the last of his kind in a way, Kylo Ren is starting something new along with Snook, which is different from being a Sith because of Kylos affiliation with the light side as well as the dark. In Star wars Episode VI: Return of the jedi Luke was the jedi that "Returned". 

Heh, at one point I actually thought that Episode III was called "The Last of the Jedi," probably because it would have corresponded brilliantly with "Return of the Jedi" in Episode VI. Speaking of which, it's kinda depressing to have "The Last Jedi" be just two episodes after that title...

As for the title itself - meh, another title that I don't like the sound of from the new trilogy, but I'm not exactly surprised. I get more and more cynical of it as the months go by...

• Like 1

Depends on what happens in the story, but my thoughts were:

7: The Force Awakens

8: Echoes of the Dark Side/Echoes of The Force

9: The Last Jedi

I think it's kinda funny how the host of a small YouTube channel called ToyGalaxy almost predicted the title of Episode 8 when he made a joke about it being called "Epsiode 8: Death of the first of the last of the Jedi" (Link:https://youtu.be/DDR6NQrJpDQ?t=1m13s)

I personally think it's a bit bland but the titles of Star Wars were always a bit.... expressive about whats going to happen in the movie. Who would have thought that in "The Empire Strikes Back" the Empire really strikes back ? I won't get all upset about and think the movie is gonna suck just because of the name. 

Gonna have to agree with what the majority of others have said here already, the title does feel a tab bland  considering how much "The Last [insert title here]" is being overused (looking at you Transformers). Hopefully, however, the movie will be great.

• Like 1

Hmm. I always thought return of the Jedi represented both Vader's redemption and Luke's path to being a Jedi completed. Maybe Luke is killed off so Rey further develops. I don't think they will make Rey something more than a Jedi as too the common movie goer, the Jedi are good and the sith are bad. I'm going to say much of the plot will revolve around Luke's failure as a Jedi and not wanting to train Rey after kylo ren fall and Rey wishing to become a Jedi to protect her friends. I'm also interested into why he's looking for the first Jedi temple (maybe he discovers something which could lead to him being last of the Jedi). I hope this is further elaborated on as well as snokes search for the source of the dark side (which I have a very interesting theory about which revolves around the father, daughter and son figures in TCW). They have a lot of plots established in the first movie as well as other material that can be used in this movie. Probably why I am disappointed with the title

EDIT: also why is the star wars logo red and not yellow? Maybe it could be a sign that something bad will happen in this movie?

Hmm. I always thought return of the Jedi represented both Vader's redemption and Luke's path to being a Jedi completed. Maybe Luke is killed off so Rey further develops. I don't think they will make Rey something more than a Jedi as too the common movie goer, the Jedi are good and the sith are bad. I'm going to say much of the plot will revolve around Luke's failure as a Jedi and not wanting to train Rey after kylo ren fall and Rey wishing to become a Jedi to protect her friends. I'm also interested into why he's looking for the first Jedi temple (maybe he discovers something which could lead to him being last of the Jedi). I hope this is further elaborated on as well as snokes search for the source of the dark side (which I have a very interesting theory about which revolves around the father, daughter and son figures in TCW). They have a lot of plots established in the first movie as well as other material that can be used in this movie. Probably why I am disappointed with the title

EDIT: also why is the star wars logo red and not yellow? Maybe it could be a sign that something bad will happen in this movie?

Not just that, but also Snoke said at the end of TFA that it was time to complete Kylo's training so hopefully they show a darker, more sinister Kylo then he was in TFA. Also yeah, I also feel that the red color instead of the traditional yellow means something very bad is going to occur at some point in the movie.

• Like 1

I thought the same, about it being a double meaning- Luke returns as a fully trained Jedi and Darth Vader returns to being Anakin, the Jedi.

Only Kylo Ren and Snoke apparently aren't Sith.

I bet you money Luke Skywalker won't die and the Son, Daughter and Father won't tie in.

Depends on what happens in the story, but my thoughts were:

7: The Force Awakens
8: Echoes of the Dark Side/Echoes of The Force
9: The Last Jedi

KOTOR II adaptations lol.

I thought the same, about it being a double meaning- Luke returns as a fully trained Jedi and Darth Vader returns to being Anakin, the Jedi.

Only Kylo Ren and Snoke apparently aren't Sith.

I bet you money Luke Skywalker won't die and the Son, Daughter and Father won't tie in.

KOTOR II adaptations lol.

I do not mean them specifically. I mean the isolated area that they lived in. Could that not be the source of the dark side?