Sign in to follow this  
MAQS

How long modding communities live?

I am surprised how old this modding community is, and have found out there are many games even older who are still alive, what determines the lifespan of a modding community?

I am surprised how old this modding community is, and have found out there are many games even older who are still alive, what determines the lifespan of a modding community?

How good the game is I suppose is a factor, the popularity and undoubtedly the franchise it's attached to if so. 

The main factor is the dedication of the community to stay alive/active.

• Like 1

LucasArts was kind enough to make KotOR II an unfinished mess which I think motivated some of the modding community a little bit more.

• Like 1

I see, has this site been growing more recently? or it reached its peak years ago?

I see, has this site been growing more recently? or it reached its peak years ago?

Heck no, we still constantly have new people who want to learn to mod for whatever reason. And they sometimes announce such.

Ultimately any new member who remains active helps grow the site/community even more.

Thats great to know, i was afraid i found out about this mod community too late.

We like to refer to Lucasforums (circa 2004-2007) as the glory days, but to be honest the best mods for this game have come out just recently (4-5 years ago). And we've made some of our best advancements in the last few years, building off of knowledge that was found in the early days

Thats great to know, i was afraid i found out about this mod community too late.

Yeah, unfounded fears. We're still constantly pushing the envelope as to what's possible with modding, releasing new tools (Fair Strides, Dastardly), and creating content. To my knowledge, both TSLRCM and K1R are still being bettered. Definitely alive.