superSzym

[Request] Serious looking Republic troopers

I must be blind but what's the difference?

Hmm maybe I was wrong, and I thought something well ah never mind me :D

The picture in the very first post of this thread shows some stripes on the forehead and the cheaks of the helmet that are not in your version. I know that they're not visible on all of the pictures posted later, but I think they greatly improve the design of the helmet, so maybe you could add them?

Otherwise, the new helmet looks great!

The picture in the very first post of this thread shows some stripes on the forehead and the cheeks of the helmet that are not in your version. I know that they're not visible on all of the pictures posted later, but I think they greatly improve the design of the helmet, so maybe you could add them?

Otherwise, the new helmet looks great!

The cheeks yes are kinda stripes, triangular in nature but I actually think the parts on the forehead is just black indentation, separating the pieces of the helmet. You can see it very finely on the model that Thunder has made. 

The cheeks yes are kinda stripes, triangular in nature but I actually think the parts on the forehead is just black indentation, separating the pieces of the helmet. You can see it very finely on the model that Thunder has made. 

Yeah, those "stripes" are indents or small gaps and you're right that they are visible on Thunder's model, but making them more visible would still improve the look IMO.

Yeah, those "stripes" are indents or small gaps and you're right that they are visible on Thunder's model, but making them more visible would still improve the look IMO.

Agreed, @thunder3 make it so!

272035.jpg

Hey guys

just want to give u some status.. as I got some busy weeks at work and at the university, I had little time to further work on either the body model nor finish the helmet skin( It´s nearly done´just some tweaking )

But I got some results:

I started modeling the breastplate of the new model, I take the old republic soldiers just as a reference..

rep_soldier01.jpegrep_soldier02.jpeg

Of course this is far from being perfect, but i´m on it.

As you mentioned those lines on the helmet surface, I will include them into the texture, as you command! Sir! XD

• Like 4

What about the Ladies?

They will of course get a new model right after I finish this one 

They will of course get a new model right after I finish this one 

How's that Republic Trooper coming btw? Not to detract from your efforts on KOTOR Ultimate. 

How's that Republic Trooper coming btw? Not to detract from your efforts on KOTOR Ultimate. 

I´m on it, had little time past weeks to work further on either mod..

But here we go. I had some time to refine my upper-body parts I´ve already done. I still have to refine the arms, and add the legs of course, and some details( Like the shoulder pads) are still missing)

Oh and don´t mind the odd colors, I don´t setup any "cool" materials before the model is not ready to be textured.

Take a look:

ds_republic-trooper-WIP-01.pngds_republic-trooper-WIP-02.pngds_republic-trooper-WIP-03.png

Hey guys, I´m getting the male model slowly to an end..

I still need to do some work on the belt, and the legs, but I already added some details on the arms and the shoulder pad, though I think, the arms also need some refining 

rep-trooper-arm.pngrep-trooper-arm02.png

• Like 3

It's been a while, any progress on this ?

Admin: Re-read the rules - particularly sections 6 and 8 - and discover why your Deadly Stream reputation has gone down.

Unfortunate to see the topic ended here, hello from 2018 and I would have loved to see those new models in game.

It's a cool idea to make these Republic Soldiers look like the ones we seen in The Mandalorian Wars, 

Keep up the good work oh and since I had an Idea for my idea of Dak Benkins my fictional character and I also did mention that his commanding officer Captain Hugo Gurragann was in the Mandalorian Wars and he had suffered PTSD, it's an ongoing wikia project still in Star Wars fandom wikia and the reason I might be writing that story up could just be because it would have been cool to have a hell of a lot more Mandalorian Warfare stories we never got in Legends of Republic Soliders or they're histories ever where told I mean by Republic it would explain after Malachor V that Gurragann went through tough times after the war and was hired by the Sith in the Jedi Civil War and used as they're puppett to send vital information to the Sith, if that was Canon in the new Star Wars canon universe sure I wish KOTOR was canon in the now canonised universe shame it's not and still Legends, 

I must admit you do very good at the Mandalorian Wars work I like it. :)

sounds great and keep up the good work.

22 hours ago, Xtracted said:

Unfortunate to see the topic ended here, hello from 2018 and I would have loved to see those new models in game.

It's unfortunate you neglected to read the post right above yours where the poster was warned they broke the rules by doing pretty much exactly the same thing you did.

I'm going to lock this now. The project as it stands is dead. If anyone wants to fulfill this request here in 2018, please post a new thread.