Sign in to follow this  

TSLRCM Credits Discussion

I'm stopping every mod I'm working on to do this now.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yes, where we are all recruited into the Avengers by Nick Fury

EDIT:

Better idea, we have a shadowy figure walk forward and he says 

"Fine, I'll do it myself"

Plug for Kotor: Revenge of Revan

I know what I'm doing for April Fools update this year.

can someone help me mod howard the duck into the game?

I want to weigh in on the original topic of this post. I can think of a few reasons why most people would not want to post their name in the credits.

I will probably explain this poorly.

1) Recognition. If/when I am ever credited in a mod or video project, I want to be credited as Xuul, since anyone in the community knows me as Xuul and I operate on that handle. If a project credited me as "Justin Trudeau" instead of "Xuul" it would actually make it less clear that I was involved. My identity in the community is Xuul and not "Justin" or anything else. 

2) Anonymity. Some people for professional, personal and/or Superhero related reasons with to keep their secret identity hidden. This is because some people on the internet have no concept that the internet is filled with real people and is in fact part of the real world. 

Did something actually happen? I wonder since I'm probably the easiest person to find and I've never been bothered, which surprises even me sometimes.

Some people have VERY strong opinions on mods. Since everything I make has a comment box right below it some people decide to be jerks. You might "benefit" by being thought of a part of a group "The TSLRCM Team" whereas I am clearly identified as an individual. 

I had a Neo-Nazi aggressively commenting on and spamming nonsense on one of my videos when I deleted his racist comments. One dude sent me a a very angry, aggressive email, accusing me of being sexist for my "Non-Skimpy Female Armor Mods for Skyrim" series. Because misandry or something. In both cases it could have just been a troll or someone real, either way it is unpleasant and annoying to deal with.  

I am not like really worried about these people or the other various trolls who I deal with on occasion. I just don't need to deal with this outside YouTube on a Facebook, or in my personal email. On top of this is the sheer entitlement of some people who see me as their personal tech support calling me or messaging me in real life. 99% of people are not the problem, but all it takes is one bad apple.

• Like 4

Did something actually happen? I wonder since I'm probably the easiest person to find and I've never been bothered, which surprises even me sometimes.

In the recent past, online celebrities were Doxxed (had their other personal information distributed such as phone number and personal address), which in turn led to spam phone calls and in the worst cases, Swatting (had the local law enforcement sent to their home on a bogus life-threatening claim where they would literally kick their door down), and of course, general identity theft via the aforementioned "Doxxing".

I'm not saying that it will happen to you, but it has happened in the past.

Additionally, mods are technically in a moral grey area, and if individuals are making getting personal recognition from something they don't legally own the trademark to, then there could be litigious trouble.

• Like 1

I want to weigh in on the original topic of this post. I can think of a few reasons why most people would not want to post their name in the credits.

I will probably explain this poorly.

1) Recognition. If/when I am ever credited in a mod or video project, I want to be credited as Xuul, since anyone in the community knows me as Xuul and I operate on that handle. If a project credited me as "Justin Trudeau" instead of "Xuul" it would actually make it less clear that I was involved. My identity in the community is Xuul and not "Justin" or anything else.

2) Anonymity. Some people for professional, personal and/or Superhero related reasons with to keep their secret identity hidden. This is because some people on the internet have no concept that the internet is filled with real people and is in fact part of the real world.

Some people have VERY strong opinions on mods. Since everything I make has a comment box right below it some people decide to be jerks. You might "benefit" by being thought of a part of a group "The TSLRCM Team" whereas I am clearly identified as an individual.

I had a Neo-Nazi aggressively commenting on and spamming nonsense on one of my videos when I deleted his racist comments. One dude sent me a a very angry, aggressive email, accusing me of being sexist for my "Non-Skimpy Female Armor Mods for Skyrim" series. Because misandry or something. In both cases it could have just been a troll or someone real, either way it is unpleasant and annoying to deal with.

I am not like really worried about these people or the other various trolls who I deal with on occasion. I just don't need to deal with this outside YouTube on a Facebook, or in my personal email. On top of this is the sheer entitlement of some people who see me as their personal tech support calling me or messaging me in real life. 99% of people are not the problem, but all it takes is one bad apple.

Oh man, sorry to hear. People can be crazy on the internet. They'll do anything to tear you down.

I'm happy I am able to keep a low profile so far. Then again, I don't have a sizeable fan-base and I also don't respond to comments on anything, anywhere, ever.

If I was a part of this, I would prefer to keep my anonymity as well. I can never tell what effect anything on the internet might have on my future (especially if I'm trying to get jobs, for instance), which is why I have made sure to keep my gaming persona and my real-life identity separated to all but my real-life family and friends, and a couple other people who I trust to keep confidentiality.

Notice me senpai.

Fairly sure if you look up some interviews you can find my real name, but really everyone knows me as HH instead. Just confusing people otherwise.

Can't say I've noticed bad stuff, aside from the random anine Steam-troll. But what does one expect else on the Steam forums?