Sign in to follow this  

TSLRCM Credits Discussion

I propose that in the new Credits.bik it feature the people's real names whom worked on it.

It's jarring going from Chris Avellone to "Zbyl2" and IMO also creates an unnecessary gap between the people whom worked on TSLRCM and the Vanilla game.

I think the Alias' should be included near the end of the Credits under the subheading Forum Alias' in my opinion that would be perfect. 

I'll let others decide since I don't have a preference either way. I'd fine with it since my name is present in pretty much every TSLRCM article out there anyway.

I don't know if it's even possible, though. There's bunch of people in our credits, under special thanks, included mods and beta testers headers, who aren't active any more and I don't know if we could even find out what everyone's real name is.

I'll let others decide since I don't have a preference either way. I'd fine with it since my name is present in pretty much every TSLRCM article out there anyway.

I don't know if it's even possible, though. There's bunch of people in our credits, under special thanks, included mods and beta testers headers, who aren't active any more and I don't know if we could even find out what everyone's real name is.

You are correct, but at least you could correct the version of the mod that is displayed in the credits.

It was always odd to me that when the credits keep saying that we are in version 1.8.3.

Can that be updated?

Yes, we'll update that in the next patch :) In fact I've seen the new credits video just couple days ago.

Perhaps just have them in the Alias' section then with their name as "Unknown" then? 

@Sith Holocron

Because using forum Aliases looks terrible? Why else?

& No there's other jarring things about TSLRCM but nothing's perfect; but IMO the fixpack covers all the ones that bother me personally.

@Sith Holocron

Because using forum Aliases looks terrible? Why else?

& No there's other jarring things about TSLRCM but nothing's perfect; but IMO the fixpack covers all the ones that bother me personally.

Credits in Movies and Video Games have real names because the people who worked didn't go by "Sith Holocron" for example they go by their real names. In Modding, however, people go by their Forum Aliases like "Sith Holocron" since making Mods will never earn you a cent and is far less significant than a Movie or Video Game so there is no real point in having real names.

Plus if all the TSLRCM staff put their real names down probably no one will know who actually did what since all they have is their Forum Aliases!

• Like 2

Credits in Movies and Video Games have real names because the people who worked didn't go by "Sith Holocron" for example they go by their real names. In Modding, however, people go by their Forum Aliases like "Sith Holocron" since making Mods will never earn you a cent and is far less significant than a Movie or Video Game so there is no real point in having real names.

Plus if all the TSLRCM staff put their real names down probably no one will know who actually did what since all they have is their Forum Aliases!

To be fair, 90% of the people who would use 'sith holocrons' mod would not know who he was anyway. People tend to be oblivious to the creator of many mods. Not that I'm endorsing people to use their real names as I understand and respect their privacy. 

The aliases don't bother me at all, quite the contrary. In fact, they always remind me of the work that ordinary people with real lives dedicated to the mod and game.

Credits in Movies and Video Games have real names because the people who worked didn't go by "Sith Holocron" for example they go by their real names. In Modding, however, people go by their Forum Aliases like "Sith Holocron" since making Mods will never earn you a cent and is far less significant than a Movie or Video Game so there is no real point in having real names.

Only; 

"I think the Alias' should be included near the end of the Credits under the subheading Forum Alias' in my opinion that would be perfect."

& I'd say that TSLRCM is as significant as the KOTOR games themselves, in any discussion or article on K2 it's mentioned. 

To be fair it's kind of a non-issue since nobody reads the credits.

Ahahaha true, well except the first bit everyone sees. 

....I always read credits

Maybe if they were more interesting, like action, romance, explosions and dank memes

In all seriousness, I think doing something similar to The DeadlyStream mod would be a better execution of credits.

- Zbyl can be collapsed and dead on the floor, and when you talk to him he says "Can't.... move... so.... tired"

- Hassat Hunter can be fighting laigreks (get it, cuz he's fighting bugs)

- I can be an HK unit and say "I got to do the easy part!"

- Sith Holocron can be a sith holocron and say something like "I like being a droid better"

You get the idea

Paranoid much?  :hrhr:

You would be surprised at the depravity of some people on the internet.

There is a reason I try not to list my actual name anywhere online. 

Some people suck.

• Like 6

In all seriousness, I think doing something similar to The DeadlyStream mod would be a better execution of credits.

So in order to make the game feel more modern, we should include a post credit scene? :P

You would be surprised at the depravity of some people on the internet.

There is a reason I try not to list my actual name anywhere online.

Did something actually happen? I wonder since I'm probably the easiest person to find and I've never been bothered, which surprises even me sometimes.

So in order to make the game feel more modern, we should include a post credit scene? :P

Yes, where we are all recruited into the Avengers by Nick Fury

EDIT:

Better idea, we have a shadowy figure walk forward and he says 

"Fine, I'll do it myself"

Plug for Kotor: Revenge of Revan

• Like 1

Yes, where we are all recruited into the Avengers by Nick Fury

EDIT:

Better idea, we have a shadowy figure walk forward and he says 

"Fine, I'll do it myself"

Plug for Kotor: Revenge of Revan

Ahahaha, no thank you lol.