thunder3

KotOR - Ultimate by Thunder3

I love the Endar spire mod and the pictures on the Taris mod are amazing! How's progress, Thunder3?

Thanks man!

I was busy some time, caused by my clause phase, so I had little to no time to work further on this, since the last update, but I´m on it, and I hope I can post some new screens this weekend.

And I think it won´t take me more then one/two weeks to finish Taris. currently working on those freakin´ ugly doors I left in the upper city, they are nearly done ;)

• Like 2

Thanks man!

I was busy some time, caused by my clause phase, so I had little to no time to work further on this, since the last update, but I´m on it, and I hope I can post some new screens this weekend.

And I think it won´t take me more then one/two weeks to finish Taris. currently working on those freakin´ ugly doors I left in the upper city, they are nearly done ;)

That's great! I love the Taris mod so far but man.. yeah.. those doors stand out like sore thumb next to your HD textures. Can't wait to see what's next! Are you going to tackle Dantooine after this?

That's great! I love the Taris mod so far but man.. yeah.. those doors stand out like sore thumb next to your HD textures. Can't wait to see what's next! Are you going to tackle Dantooine after this?

Yeah Dantooine is the next one my list. And I´ve already some of the textures for dantooine ready, so that one won´t take so long!

• Like 2

I'm not sure how far off topic this will be - but what the heck, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Would it not be easier to just go through the textures one by one in alphabetical order?  My reasoning is that so many of the textures are reused through out the game, you'd be restricting your effort to what needed to be worked on rather than having to repacking the textures by planet. (Trust me, I can see the other side of this but wanted to hear your opinion on it all the same.)

• Like 1

I'm not sure how far off topic this will be - but what the heck, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Would it not be easier to just go through the textures one by one in alphabetical order? My reasoning is that so many of the textures are reused through out the game, you'd be restricting your effort to what needed to be worked on rather than having to repacking the textures by planet. (Trust me, I can see the other side of this but wanted to hear your opinion on it all the same.)

I really understand what you want to point out. You are right with saying just going through the textures alphabetical can make more sense, but I take a different approach (at least up to now, maybe someone can convince me to another way). I choose a planet (or area / module) I want to retexture, and as all the textures names have a suffix (LDA for Dantooine for example) all the textures for a particular module are nice packed together for me. And in that module retexturing I go through them one by one in alphabetical order, so I think I am not so far away from what you mean (I think). To the reused textures: As I see many textures, I often come to things and then "Oh hey, you have already done this textures for another module, or hey that's the same textures as xy just slightly, so I different colors, then I take the already remastered texture and modify it (I save all the textures as PSD so modifying for later purpose is easy.

I choose a planet (or area / module) I want to retexture, and as all the textures names have a suffix (LDA for dantooine for example) all the textures for a particular module are nice packed together for me. And in that module retexturing I go through them one by one in alphabetical order, so I think I am not so far away from what you mean (I think).

There are a a bunch of textures that are used in modules that fall outside of that naming scheme. It is very annoying and inconvenient

There are a a bunch of textures that are used in modules that fall outside of that naming scheme. It is very annoying and inconvenient

VP: Perhaps you could point out a few so Thunder gets what I'm getting at?

VP: Perhaps you could point out a few so Thunder gets what I'm getting at?

This would be great!

But I think I start to understand.. I think I will take a closer look into this. I think I can remember textures on Korriban I made years ago weren´t convient with the naming convention..

I'll give you an example that's in KOTOR2 but will give you a general idea of what I'm talking about. Picture the monitors in the cockpit of Ebon Hawk that surround the galaxy map.

EH%20Monitor_zpsbpcknlbj.png

Yes, you may see those same monitors throughout the Ebon Hawk but it goes even further than that. For example, when you see cutscenes with Admiral Onasi on his ship, those monitors are the ones you'll see behind him. What affects one place may affect others. Try not to duplicate effort is where I'm going with this.

Oh yes indeed, I think now I understand..

If I go straight through the textures in their alphabetical order there's no was I miss something, and I don't have to search for some missing textures if they don't fit the naming convention. I just get every texture that needs HD.. Thank you for that hint. I think I will finish my current work on Taris, so I can upload the next texture pack soon and then I reorganize myself to work like you mentioned :D

Perhaps just having a checklist would be easier.

I just use a folder "finished" as checklist. When I´m done with a texture, I move it there and it´s out of my mind then. ( I have all textures from the texture pack extracted on my HDD )

Your work so far looks absolutely fantastic. I can hardly wait for the complete project. The game will look freaking beautiful.

• Like 2

swkotor_2017-04-16_23-52-27.png

Hi, yeah, I had to put my efforts to a minimum due to another of my projects, but I´m on it..

I think these Doors need some detailing work, but they now look close to what I had in mind, what do you think?

• Like 1

Hi, yeah, I had to put my efforts to a minimum due to another of my projects, but I´m on it..

I think these Doors need some detailing work, but they now look close to what I had in mind, what do you think?

Much much better than the vanilla junk textures they had. 

I especially like the copper shine on the floor ...

about the doors - the frame look solid, but the areas inside are not what you would expect on a massive door - probably due to the noise - have you tried another  noise (e.g. scratched metal) for those whitish spots inside?

Beside that its great to have another texturer on board and I'm excited what comes next...

I especially like the copper shine on the floor ...

about the doors - the frame look solid, but the areas inside are not what you would expect on a massive door - probably due to the noise - have you tried another  noise (e.g. scratched metal) for those whitish spots inside?

Beside that its great to have another texturer on board and I'm excited what comes next...

Thank you man!

Yeah I´m also not satisfied with the inner-part of the doors. This part will get a rework soon.

Just a small update here, i´ve been working on Taris lower city walls tonight..
I also stepped into some textures belonging to the swoop platform

( still missing textures )

And here it is:

swkotor_2017-04-26_23-45-49.pngswkotor_2017-04-26_23-45-35.pngswkotor_2017-04-26_23-45-03.pngswkotor_2017-04-26_23-44-12.pngswkotor_2017-04-26_23-43-53.png

Greetings
Thunder3

• Like 5

Your work is wonderful. I'd like to ask a few more questions.

1.kotor ultimate 0.4 mod: Have the textures of the environments just been redone? The textures of the characters, weapons, clothes, armor were also or not?

2. Are you making new textures, only changing the environment? Or is it going to change textures in general? Characters, weapons, and everything else ....

3. Endar spire and Taris 2.0: If you do not use reshade, will the textures be better than those made in the ultimate mod.04?

Your work is wonderful. I'd like to ask a few more questions.

1.kotor ultimate 0.4 mod: Have the textures of the environments just been redone? The textures of the characters, weapons, clothes, armor were also or not?

2. Are you making new textures, only changing the environment? Or is it going to change textures in general? Characters, weapons, and everything else ....

3. Endar spire and Taris 2.0: If you do not use reshade, will the textures be better than those made in the ultimate mod.04?

1. Kotor Ultimate 0.4 was only partly a complete environments texture overwork, large parts of the game were missing.

2. First of all I will do the environment Textures and I also plan to redo at least the weapons models + completely new textures here for the future.

3. Yes the new textures will look better then the ones in the older versions. The use of Reshade is fully optional.

2. First of all I will do the environment Textures and I also plan to redo at least the weapons models + completely new textures here for the future.

I can't remember where but you've posted some really beautiful weaponry pictures before on some other site.