thunder3

KotOR - Ultimate by Thunder3

Hey everyone, It´s my first time here on deadlystream, so here I am! :D

Some of you may know( or may not ) me and my mod from Moddb.com.

If this is true, you know I´ve been working on this thing for years, but sadly I wasn´t able to complete until know for several reasons, primary it was lack of time. But i´ve decided to restart working, so I started from the beginning.

If you don´t know me nor my Mod please check it out here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/kotor-ultimate

Up to now there´s only the Endar Spire part done completely. Here are some screenshots.

Endar_Spire_02

Endar_Spire_01

I´m now currently working on Taris, which I think will take some time, It´s really a big area, and Taris includes lots of textures in need to get a HQ replacement.

Here´s a screenshot of the new floor.

Taris Floor High Quality remaster

Please, Share me your thoughts on this. ( You can check more screenshots on Moddb

The new texture pack of the Endar Spire is available for download now, here and Moddb!!

Since I´m new to deadlystream here, please let me know, If I can do any better!
I will try to post as many of my WIP stuff here and I would love it if you help me creating and developing this mod by supporting me here!

Greetings
- Thunder3

• Like 5

Welcome to the site!

I ran across your mod a few days ago when I was collecting up some mods. Looking pretty good but I wasn't sure about the status of your project. Looks very good indeed!

Welcome to Deadly Stream! I really did enjoy your HD Taris reskin since it improved the textures in a noticeable HD way while also preserving the original look of things! Something I didn't like is how you put all your reskins into one exe file which was about a one gigabyte download! Glad to see your releasing them here separately so people don't have to wait a long time downloading multiple reskins when they only want one! 

• Like 1

Welcome to Deadly Stream! I really did enjoy your HD Taris reskin since it improved the textures in a noticeable HD way while also preserving the original look of things! Something I didn't like is how you put all your reskins into one exe file which was about a one gigabyte download! Glad to see your releasing them here separately so people don't have to wait a long time downloading multiple reskins when they only want one! 

Yeah, I also thought it was time to change something, as my textures will even be a little bigger than previous I thought it was a good idea to provide all the single modules seperately! 

Welcome. Very glad to see that work has resumed, and that you've decided to release completed areas in individual releases, as one of my previous problems with Ultimate was its all-in-one release while yet being an incomplete mod. It's quite likely that I'll be advising the use of your work in the Builds from here on out.

So here we go:

I´ve modeled and textured the footlocker ( never really liked the original one), one do you think?

swkotor footlocker

swkotor footlocker

I´ve also tried to add bumpmaps to this model, but it didn´t worked for me...

I have 2 textures, 
 1 diffuse
 1 bump-map ( grayscale )

and 2 txi files correctly defining the first one to use the second as bump-map and declaring the second one as a bump map, but when I load the game, no impact

well, at least I don´t see one, and I don´t crash the game hehe...

Any ideas on how to add bump maps dto models that don´t have one vanilla?

EDIT:

I will publish this model and others when I´ve done more placables as a package.

I like the model but the texture looks too much like something out of a comic (similar to Telltale's or Borderlands' style) and could use some tiny spots of color for a lock or something like that. It's a little bland right now.

• Like 1

Well the good news seem to keep rolling this year.

Really glad to see you working on this again. I remember first discovering it years ago and instantly loving the idea. However, doing something this ambitious and looking to release it only as one big package in the end is probably really hard to do. I love the idea of releasing stuff as you go, as you get more direct feedback and appreciation, and we players get to use it earlier.

Take as much time with this as you need, I'm still as hyped for this as I was years ago and I can't wait to see what's coming up!

I like the model but the texture looks too much like something out of a comic (similar to Telltale's or Borderlands' style) and could use some tiny spots of color for a lock or something like that. It's a little bland right now.

Yeah I think you are right!

I´ve updated the model a bit and the reworked the texture completely, to give it a more detailed look, here´s a render direct from 3ds max,  so sad it will never look like this ingame :D

Plc footlocker preRender

• Like 1

It is really nice but I feel like it should be metallic maybe a brushed stainless steel and the red. But feel free to ignore me.

• Like 1

Here we go, got the work on the walls of Taris Upper City nearly done, here it is:

swkotor LTS Taris10

swkotor LTS Taris09

swkotor LTS Taris08

swkotor LTS Taris07

swkotor LTS Taris06

swkotor LTS Taris05

swkotor LTS Taris04

swkotor LTS Taris03

So what do think??

• Like 1

On the fifth screenshot, I feel the lights are too bright, but except from that, it looks quite nice.

Impressive, most impressive.

I don't think there's a better Upper City Taris Reskin out there, same goes for your Endar Spire.

When you eventually get to the Undercity- may I ask you consider this mod as inspiration? http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/914/?

I'd love to see your take on a Dirty Taris Undercity. Your textures are truly incredible, I can't wait to see what you do with Korriban, Dantooine, Lehon and the Star Forge in particular. 

May I ask also will you be retexturing the Yavin Space Station? As I don't believe anyone has before. 

i usually ain't big on retextures  (as i think a work of art is to be experienced in its original state (hence why i also don't like when developers try to make remastered versions of older game, it kind of loses the feeling that game gave you)) , but this is an absolute work of art, the textures are good, but fitting enough as to look how (For example) Taris is suppose to look!

Good job and good luck!

On the fifth screenshot, I feel the lights are too bright, but except from that, it looks quite nice.

Thanks! The textures of the lights are the original ones, it may appear so bright because I use Reshade.

I don't think there's a better Upper City Taris Reskin out there, same goes for your Endar Spire.

When you eventually get to the Undercity- may I ask you consider this mod as inspiration? http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/914/?

I'd love to see your take on a Dirty Taris Undercity. Your textures are truly incredible, I can't wait to see what you do with Korriban, Dantooine, Lehon and the Star Forge in particular. 

May I ask also will you be retexturing the Yavin Space Station? As I don't believe anyone has before. 

Thank You!! 

Of course I will do a Undercity Reskin, comes next after Uppercity is done 100%. 

I like the look of that dirty Taris undercity, I think I will get some inspiration from it. :D

Yavin Space Station is also on my ToDo-List, but far far below everything else.

Might I see some before and after shots - without using Reshade?

I may do this!

Looks nice. But I wish to check this out directly in game anyway, it would tell me more then. 

But I like it, I'm always opened for new graphics mods :P 

I love this. Keepup the good work.

Taris has very few resins at all, none that I really like, so seeing this project get completed is very exciting.

• Like 2

Here´s my first works on the undercity of Taris:

Taris_undercity_02.png

• Like 3