thetruerevan75

How to extract the kotor 2 player heads?

Open kotor tool here if you dont have already: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1949-downloadkotor-tool/

Extract the model files from here: kotor2>BIF's>Models>Aurora Model>pmhc06, and here (need Both): kotor2>BIF's>Models>Aurora Model Extension>pmhc06.

Skins are located here: kotor2>ERF's>texture packs>swpc_tex_tpa, (tpb or c have lower resolution versions which you probably don't want).

Open kotor tool here if you dont have already: http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1949-downloadkotor-tool/

Extract the model files from here: kotor2>BIF's>Models>Aurora Model>pmhc06, and here (need Both): kotor2>BIF's>Models>Aurora Model Extension>pmhc06.

Skins are located here: kotor2>ERF's>texture packs>swpc_tex_tpa, (tpb or c have lower resolution versions which you probably don't want).

Thanks all of you have been really helpful, nice to see a community that help's modding n00bs for once. :D

Too nooby myself to help but think Mdlpos is needed, your model must be completely made from scratch to be used in both games or the unedited version you used as a base has to be found in both games or it falls under porting and is illegal so can't be discussed here. Wish i had a link but the rules are kinda hard to find and I'm lazy sry.

Too nooby myself to help but think Mdlpos is needed, your model must be completely made from scratch to be used in both games or the unedited version you used as a base has to be found in both games or it falls under porting and is illegal so can't be discussed here. Wish i had a link but the rules are kinda hard to find and I'm lazy sry.

I was not going to port anything without the company's permission, I definitely don't want to do anything bad, I will just re texture a kotor 1 head to look like the head I like. Edited by thetruerevan75

Here is the link your referring to- http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2970-porting-please-read-here-before-posting/

Is that even a thing when it comes to porting?

Yes, Bioware allows porting of all Dragon Age assets between series entries. 

Alright, well I'll assume Obsidian is the one preventing any porting between Kotor 1 and Kotor 2.

CD Projekt RED also allows to use assets from The Witcher games (all 3 of them) in mods for other games, as long as mods are free.

Alright, well I'll assume Obsidian is the one preventing any porting between Kotor 1 and Kotor 2.

Obsidian has nothing to do with this, they don't own the game or any rights for it. It all comes from LucasArts and now Disney.

CD Projekt RED also allows to use assets from The Witcher games (all 3 of them) in mods for other games, as long as mods are free.

Obsidian has nothing to do with this, they don't own the game or any rights for it. It all comes from LucasArts and now Disney.

And Since Disney are money hungry jerks, they will probably say no, so I'm better off with re texturing in fact N-DReW25's avatar is the head I was going to re texture, unless I can get permission and I have a better chance of swallowing a whale whole and living. Edited by thetruerevan75

You won't.

I know, well I might want to get started on that kotor 1 head reskin, when I learn how to make good textures that is. :D Edited by thetruerevan75

so I'm better off with re texturing in fact N-DReW25's avatar is the head I was going to re texture

If your interested my avatar or PMHC05 is in TSL, in fact, it is one of the more noticeable K1 assets in TSL: If you remember Captain Gelesi on Onderon you might instantly recognize how he shares the exact same unedited PMHC05 head which if I am correct means you could reskin PMHC05 in K1 then put it into TSL since there wouldn't need to be any porting involved in the process (Do keep in mind the Dark Side Transitions arn't in TSL so don't touch those)

If your interested my avatar or PMHC05 is in TSL, in fact, it is one of the more noticeable K1 assets in TSL: If you remember Captain Gelesi on Onderon you might instantly recognize how he shares the exact same unedited PMHC05 head which if I am correct means you could reskin PMHC05 in K1 then put it into TSL since there wouldn't need to be any porting involved in the process (Do keep in mind the Dark Side Transitions arn't in TSL so don't touch those)

He can make new ones.

Good luck with your reskin :D

And also there is an Edit function for your posts so You don't have to make double posts :D

Thanks! and I'm well aware of the edit function, I just forgot to use it. :D

Thanks! I did recognize Captain Gelesi's head I used that one in K1 on the original xbox, it was a little jarring to see someone who looked exactly like my Revan.