56 replies to this topic

#21 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

This enables users to - for example - put in a SWTOR track or another piece of music for one or both of the areas if they were so inclined.

I tested the TOR Tatooine track in-game last night, and it worked great. Captures the menacing theme of Anchorhead perfectly.  

Makes me want to replace other tracks with their TOR counterparts to give the games a new feel......For private use of course  :nuke:

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#22 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

I tested the TOR Tatooine track in-game last night, and it worked great. Captures the menacing theme of Anchorhead perfectly.  

Makes me want to replace other tracks with their TOR counterparts to give the games a new feel......For private use of course  :nuke:

Do share! I'd be interested in trying it out! I quite love the TOR soundtrack, especially the Coruscant theme. Makes me want a Coruscant mod...

By "share" I mean the list of tracks you switched.

#23 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

http://deadlystream....ernate-credits/

This uses music from TOR. And Fair Strides didn't react after HK-47's statement that he took them from CD. Maybe Customer Service will know more about the situation with SWTOR online soundtrack. I'll contact them later.

It's not for me to decide but I'd remove this mod then since from my understanding this is not allowed.

For the mod: I'd simply use TSLPatcher with several installation options:

1) Czerka Music for Anchorhead

2) Dune Sea Music for Anchorhead

3) Custom Track for Anchorhead

4) Custom Track for Ebon Hawk

This way the mod installer would need to edit only one entry in one file and in the last two cases instructions for making the corresponding audio file would be given.

And if no one beats me to it I'll definetly make that mod next weekend^^

Signatur_zps1zcbmz8z.gif

#24 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Do share! I'd be interested in trying it out! I quite love the TOR soundtrack, especially the Coruscant theme. Makes me want a Coruscant mod...

By "share" I mean the list of tracks you switched.

I'll probably start off with the planets that are common to KotOR, TSL, and TOR. Not sure if I will take it farther than that, but we'll see.

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#25 superSzym

superSzym

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

It's not for me to decide but I'd remove this mod then since from my understanding this is not allowed.

For the mod: I'd simply use TSLPatcher with several installation options:
1) Czerka Music for Anchorhead
2) Dune Sea Music for Anchorhead
3) Custom Track for Anchorhead
4) Custom Track for Ebon Hawk
This way the mod installer would need to edit only one entry in one file and in the last two cases instructions for making the corresponding audio file would be given.

And if no one beats me to it I'll definetly make that mod next weekend^^

I'm not a subscriber, so I can't get completely any support, maybe any subscriber would be willing to ask about terms of using this soundtrack and maybe politely ask for a permission to use them for DeadlyStream? Considering the fact that the site gets no commercial profit nor reduces the value of used soundtrack (it's for free) and we're only trying to make KotORs better, what can go wrong? Maybe the second point, but considering the fact BioWare is now a property of Electronic Arts, every money from people formerly discouraged from using it due to the fact it's old and now buying it due to available improvements goes to them. Well, not when someone buys a CD from another person, but then they wouldn't get a penny from it anyway.

#26 Effix

Effix

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

I like Sith Holocron's idea, only supply the recipe & ingredients, it's what I was thinking when I read this (yet didn't comment).

btw these ingredients were supplied before the launch of SWTOR, no youtube ripping needed, of course only for your own listening pleasure:
http://www.swtor.com...rticle/20111201

zBtNZ4u.png

#27 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

The Kotor2 Alternate Credits mod is now no longer approved.

[To Sithspecter] "You win :P"

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me
My SWTOR Trooper Play List (constructive criticism welcomed): https://www.youtube....sZNG8fmWsOp1PvM

#28 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

That'd be my bad for not following up. The site doesn't send any notifications that I know of for when someone makes a new "review"/comment on the download page that you've replied to...

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#29 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

Why do we take down HK-47's alternate credits mod that uses music from another game, while we allow another mod that adds its own credits with music from another game?

#30 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Do you want to  link that other mod? There's over 700 on the site...

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#31 VarsityPuppet

VarsityPuppet

Jedi Master

• Premium Member
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Do you want to  link that other mod? There's over 700 on the site...

These are the credits of TSLRCM as of 1.8.3

https://vid.me/CV2r

As far as I know, that track is only available in Kotor 1. We're using a Kotor 1 only asset to make content for Kotor 2. Is it removed as of 1.8.5?

#32 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

These are the credits of TSLRCM as of 1.8.3

https://vid.me/CV2r

As far as I know, that track is only available in Kotor 1. We're using a Kotor 1 only asset to make content for Kotor 2. Is it removed as of 1.8.5?

Since there is a new credits video for TSLRCM in the making I suggest the music is changed then as this is definetly a K1 track.

Signatur_zps1zcbmz8z.gif

#33 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

At the moment I don't have RAD installed to check the other movie files to see if the music is available there, but the music is indeed not in the StreamMusic folder itself in KotOR 2.

However, before any more speculations are made, I'll be PMing both Zbyl and Hassat Hunter about this.

#34 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Since there is a new credits video for TSLRCM in the making I suggest the music is changed then as this is definetly a K1 track.

Agreed. 

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#35 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Also can we get people's real names in the credits please? Instead of Forum Alias. 

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#36 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

Also can we get people's real names in the credits please? Instead of Forum Alias. 

That part is entirely up to the person doing the part, and I'd say is subject to them and the person making the video.

#37 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

I have no idea why SH disapproved that other credit mod :/

#38 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

I have no idea why SH disapproved that other credit mod :/

I'm sorry for not providing that context. The other mod was disapproved for using music from TOR, or at least the TOR CD.

#39 zbyl2

zbyl2

Evil Overlord

• Administrators
  • 840 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

(copying the PM I sent FS)

Not sure whose idea it was originally, but we had a discussion about whether it'd be OK to use music from K1 in the credits video and consensus was that it's fine. I guess the reasoning was that we're not exactly re-releasing the music as there's no MP3 file, it's part of a BIK, so it's more like releasing a recording of K1's music.

I'm pretty sure that discussion is somewhere on the forums, not a clue whether it's in public or staff section.

I just saw the new credits video today and it seems we still use the Republic Theme.

#40 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:42 PM

I wasn't MY idea to use the Republic Theme.

[To Sithspecter] "You win :P"

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me
My SWTOR Trooper Play List (constructive criticism welcomed): https://www.youtube....sZNG8fmWsOp1PvM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users