Sign in to follow this  
mrfarenhiet

Strange Reflection/Lighting Bug

Hey guys. I'm experiencing a bug where a "highlight" type effect can been seen moving across textures, mainly the floor, when my character is moving. I've also noticed that the Sith Troopers don't look quite right; instead of black visors, their entire surface is similarly chrome. My game is heavily modded, so I'm not sure exactly what has caused this. I've played for around 11 hours on this save without experiencing this issue. I completely reinstalled and started adding mods from scratch trying to fix a dialogue/power description bug, only to be greeted with this upon reentry to the game. It's not as blatant as flashing/missing textures, but it's quite annoying. If you can help point me in the right direction as far as troubleshooting, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't think the bug will show up prominently in a still image, but I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Sounds like a cubemap issue. My guess would be that some mod replaced CM_Baremetal with something too shiny. So check if you have that one and if so try removing it.

I think I had that same issue with Jorak Uln's mods until I removed that file so my guess for the responsible mod would be his. But that's hard to say without a list of your mods.

For the Sith Troopers: I think this is caused by the very Same file but if it's not, some other mod could have edited the Sith soldier skin with too much Alpha making him too shiny. So see if you can find the corresponding texture.  (I can't remember the name at the moment) and remove it from your Override folder.

But that's hard to say without a list of your mods.

Yes, do this. Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

There's a similar thing happening in my game but I don't think it's a bug- it is likely a CM_Baremetal replacement that I quite like. 

I removed the CM_Baremetal and the problem was resolved! Thank you all for your help.

On a related note, is there a way to fix the alpha channel translucent texture issue caused by the grass fix without manually removing the channel from each texture respectively?