Dark Hope

SKIN:Bastila Shan HD by Quanon and Dark Hopa

Bastila Shan HD by Quanon and Dark Hopa

This mod will replace and update Bastila Shans textures. Mainly her armor, underwear and head skin. Eyes borrowed from Circa: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/826-higher-quality-bastila/

The head has not been published. It contains materials from another author. I can send it in a personal message.

10.png

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/03/2017
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible

• Like 4

Why are you reuploading Quanon's work?

They aren't? It's an edit. 

Cache71 used my skin as a basis and has altered a few things:

-eyes

-lips

-skin color/ contrast

-visible skin details

I've been in contact with Cache71; I've given my OK, to release this :D

But perhaps my name should just be mentioned in the readme/ credits.

I don't need to be mentioned in the title.

Or a new title, like:

Darth Hopa Bastila HD (based on Quanon)

Cache71 has always been friendly and polite, shown her work to me before release. So fellow modders don't start a witchhunt, thanks! :D

• Like 4

Cache71 used my skin as a basis and has altered a few things:

-eyes

-lips

-skin color/ contrast

-visible skin details

I've been in contact with Cache71; I've given my OK, to release this :D

But perhaps my name should just be mentioned in the readme/ credits.

I don't need to be mentioned in the title.

Or a new title, like:

Darth Hopa Bastila HD (based on Quanon)

Cache71 has always been friendly and polite, shown her work to me before release. So fellow modders don't start a witchhunt, thanks! :D

As a note, her texture seems to be 1024x1024 whereas yours is 2048x2048. Reason behind that? Just curious

I also have made a few edits you might be interested in Q

As a note, her texture seems to be 1024x1024 whereas yours is 2048x2048. Reason behind that? Just curious

I also have made a few edits you might be interested in Q

*sigh*

What are you trying to say? That my mod has been stolen, abused, pirated?

That's not the case. Like I mentioned before, I gave my OK on this.

You want to release a fun edit of my skin, go ahead! 

My ego isn't so bloated that I go "bezerk" whenever somebody uses a mod of mine.

It's her own edit. Cache is a true artist and she has always been respectful and eager to help when working with me or using my textures for example. I'm sure that goes for Quanon's as well, even if his name's missing, it's not on purpose.

*sigh*

What are you trying to say? That my mod has been stolen, abused, pirated?

That's not the case. Like I mentioned before, I gave my OK on this.

Not at all what I'm trying to say. I was just wondering why they're not the same size. Cache's version of your Mission retexture, if I recall, was a color corrected version of your texture, I guess I was just expecting the same from the new Bastila version

You want to release a fun edit of my skin, go ahead! 

My ego isn't so bloated that I go "bezerk" whenever somebody uses a mod of mine.

I'll be in touch :D

As a note, her texture seems to be 1024x1024 whereas yours is 2048x2048. Reason behind that? Just curiousI also have made a few edits you might be interested in Q

That's because the eye texture that Cache71 used comes from Circa's HD Bastila, which is 1024x1024. Of course blur from resizing would be barely visible or invisible because everything' sharp even with 512x512 textures, but due to the fact that big textures decrease the performance of the game, instead of making eyes lower quality than the rest of the skin, Cache probably reduced the skin size to minimum needed for a good effect, thus making everything as sharp as she wanted without performance decrease.

And the mod itself, for clothes Quanon is my favorite, making the robes properly saturated and giving them a more interesting design. He is further from vanilla, and when I first played KotOR a couple years ago at an older cousin of mine, the game was already not the newest one, but was hardly one of the oldest. When I first met Bastila, I actually thought "Wow, the computer graphics significantly improved since this game was released. I guess they wanted to make Bastila's outfit look super awesome, but what I see is kinda a total failure". But the face, don't feel betrayed Quanon, but it feels awesome. Super realistic, crispy and more similar to Bastila's face than yours, it's just one step after all those super crispy been video games, and this one missing step is the model, which we all know it's quite spiky. But this mod's awesomeness is not why I'm gonna use it. It's just this mod's reskinned face which reminded me odbyła the girl I once fell in love with. It's time to start Operation:Hunt For Old Friends.

EDIT: Why was the file deleted?