Gguy

TSL hood mod

Back before the lucas forums went down, i noticed that Insidious was working on a badass hood mod (i love hoods) , but i heard he lost the files or so. I sent him a message about the matter, but he hasn't replied, so let's discuss this matter.

I honestly think it was an amazing goal that he tried to turn kreia's hood into a multi color equipable hood, hell, the picture he posted was amazing:

hood-4.jpg

I would love if he would return or restart working on this project, tell me, what do you guys think on the matter?

I'm surprised you didn't PM him first as he's a member (and part of the staff) here.

He states that he did send Insidious a PM but he has no reply yet.

On topic: That screenshot definetly looks badass. And if someone were to make a mod that adds hoods to the game and also makes them available ingame I'd definetly download and install it.

The screenshots look interesting, especially considering the fact that your robe is now going to have a double hood.

according to the forum, he did read the text i sent him, but he didn't reply or state anything. Still, even if he lost the files, this would totally be a project worthy of retrying!

it's all up to insidious, i just wanted to remind people of the project he never finished

Just so you know, Kha did a hood mod awhile ago. http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/155/?  Found here or there: http://www.ninivekha.net/telos/Kha_K2Hood1.html

It's for tsl but it doesn't look like Kreia's hood which appeals to me more. 

Edit: Also there is this mod done by Canderis that adds hoods but I've never used it. It's also tsl.

https://sites.google.com/site/canderisproductions/my-mods/tsl/hood-mod 

Edited by jc2

i know about Kha's mod, and while it is cool , this is a whole other deal. (and canderis's mod also used the dark jedi hood as the concept (same as kha)

• Like 1

and canderis's mod also used the dark jedi hood as the concept (same as kha)

Actually, I used the Handmaiden's hood. The mod isn't all that great, however.

I last worked on that mod c.2009, as I recall. The issues with it were to do with getting the hoods to match the robes in a regular manner (the texture looked different - and hence, would match the robe more or less closely in almost every area), clipping issues at the back, and the near impossibility of compatibility with robe mods. I still have the files somewhere, but modding is not a priority in my life right now.

well, i suppose as long as you made the hood the same color as the back part of the long robes, it would work fine. I can assist in color matching (aka altering the texture to match the lower robe) . While i do have some 3d knowledge, i lack a software capable of opening and extracting MDL files. If you (or someone in your name), could do the models and item spawn scripts, i could help with the colorizing.

I can colorize the hoods to match the vanilla robes, one would just need the model of the hood you made, and another would need to implement multiple types of the hood as items into the game (with the retextures applied to them later)

as for the back issues, did you try scaling the mesh down on the axis?

I have absolutely NO knowledge in 3d modelling but wouldn't Kotor Tool- http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/280-kotor-tool/ be capable the games model files.

No. You need 3ds max or gmax with the NWMax plug-in to open Kotor's ascii models. And to get the ascii models you need mdlops or KAurora to decompile and recompile the binary models the game actually uses. Both of those don't support all features so you need to choose the right one for whatever you're doing.

At this point, I could see someone just taking the robe model, merging the hood with it into a single unmasked Revan-esque piece of clothing, and putting it into the unused Starforge robe slot.

Just Super Saiyan.

At this point, I could see someone just taking the robe model, merging the hood with it into a single unmasked Revan-esque piece of clothing, and putting it into the unused Starforge robe slot.

Just Super Saiyan.

I have plans to do this eventually. I have no idea when I'll have time to so feel free, anyone, to step in and do it but if not I'll have it done before 2019 probably.

No. You need 3ds max or gmax with the NWMax plug-in to open Kotor's ascii models. And to get the ascii models you need mdlops or KAurora to decompile and recompile the binary models the game actually uses. Both of those don't support all features so you need to choose the right one for whatever you're doing.

thing is, when i need 3d modelling for one reason or another (usually effects, intros and other things) , i use blender 3d, which i'm familiar enough with, but it lacks the required plugin