leonander

MOD Questions

Hello everyone, I've been a huge player of KOTOR (Xbox Console) since it was initially released. I've never played the game on the PC (or any game on the PC for that matter) but I've heard time and again throughout the years about something called MODs that you can use in the game to customize your characters and pretty much enhance the game play. I literally know nothing about these MODs but how do I use them? Do I need to buy the PC Version? I have no clue what to do but I want in.

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

:coffee:

To use mods, you will indeed need to buy the PC version of the game. Most would probably recommend the Steam version for simplicity.

Most of the mods for the games are available either here or at a website called NexusMods ( http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/? ), but a lot of the older ones would need to be requested in the Mod Requests section of the forums.

As for installing and using the mods, it's a bit circumstantial. At a rough estimate, I'd say 92-95% of mods come with an installer designed by the community for compatibility and patching and the other 5-8% is copying and pasting files to specific spots on your computer so the game recognizes the files. Similarly, 98% of mods come with a read-me and of those, the majority detail how to install them. If you need help, feel free to ask. :)

And activating the mods in-game? Depends on the mod. Some stuff might need to be done to make a mod activate, some mods might activate through normal gameplay, and some mods might just be running in the background so-to-speak.

• Like 1

To use mods, you will indeed need to buy the PC version of the game. Most would probably recommend the Steam version for simplicity.

Most of the mods for the games are available either here or at a website called NexusMods ( http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/? ), but a lot of the older ones would need to be requested in the Mod Requests section of the forums.

As for installing and using the mods, it's a bit circumstantial. At a rough estimate, I'd say 92-95% of mods come with an installer designed by the community for compatibility and patching and the other 5-8% is copying and pasting files to specific spots on your computer so the game recognizes the files. Similarly, 98% of mods come with a read-me and of those, the majority detail how to install them. If you need help, feel free to ask. :D

And activating the mods in-game? Depends on the mod. Some stuff might need to be done to make a mod activate, some mods might activate through normal gameplay, and some mods might just be running in the background so-to-speak.

Thank you so much! I'll definitely message you with any questions, I appreciate it. I've been a hardcore gamer when it came to KOTOR but got burnt out after beating it time and again after many years.

Dear forum users, if you have interesting bind commands and scripting movements for Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy could you share them

Edited by Liserg