Fair Strides

Some History and a Stream

EDIT: The EU Stream will be January 7th, 2017 at 9AM PST (UTC-8) unless anything comes up!

Hi everyone! Staying warm and avoiding the ice out there?

We were supposed to be getting a news update from our Editor Xuul, but it seems he misplaced the draft. :D So I'm here mentioning two pieces we know for sure were going to be in the draft.

First up is a trip down memory lane and a look at the past. By now, many people probably know about the M4-78 Enhancement Project mod. This was an attempt at a restoration of a droid planet in KotOR 2, and while it was a very good attempt, it was not the only one. There have been others throughout the years and all have been unique in their own ways, even in their pitfalls.

This comes about due to a lot of research and dedication from our very own Sith Holocron. He's done a lot of work tracking people down, gathering info, and narrating the videos themselves. Xuul did the editing and hosting for it, which was very nice of him.

You can watch the first episode (and see the playlist as a whole for later updates) here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4turVkHE16-SoTV-rIbSSihGLLRfMbj3

The second thing I wanted to mention is an upcoming event very soon. I have decided to hold an experiment of sorts where I will be streaming to try to teach people something about KotOR modding. If this experiment goes well, there is a very good chance of future streams over more areas of modding.

For now though, the first stream will be focusing on Scripting. It might seem like I'm tossing people into the deep end by starting with this area, but the reasons are simple: 1) this is my forte, so it's my most confident area to start off with and 2) if you can understand this stuff, even if you can't do it yourself, it'll help tie other parts of modding together for you.

I am planning to hold two streams, though the plans have changed a little bit. After one or both streams, I'll be editing the footage to more of a tutorial format and will upload it to Youtube afterwards for anyone to reference and learn from as needed.

The first stream will be held at 5PM PST (UTC-8) Thursday December 15th. This one is aimed mostly at those in the US, though anyone who can make it is welcome.

The second stream I'm not sure on yet. It was going to be this Saturday, the 17th, but I need to get home to my uncle's place and take care of some things. The next weekend is Christmas, so I am not expecting or trying anything at that point. So preliminary estimates are looking like 9AM PST (UTC-8) Saturday December 31. It wasn't the plan, but this Saturday Stream is for anyone who can't make the first one (which for timezones, means Europe and beyond).

If anyone is curious about this topic of modding or just want to show some support for the modders, we'd be glad to see you at the streams! You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TristanGoucher/live
  • Like 8

I'm definitely looking forward to both the M4-78 video series and your stream :D

You might want to change the second stream date though especially if it's intended for European viewers since for us it starts somewhere around 4-6pm depending on the time zone on New Year's Eve so I guess many people (including me) will not be at home or will have to leave early. Maybe just do it next year instead - or if that's not possible - we'll have the recording, so that's fine too :D

• Like 1

Right now the EU stream date is very fluid. I wasn't planning for the change in date, so it's thrown a wrench into it.

I'm thinking it could be January 7th if that wouldn't be much trouble for anyone. I start school on the 9th, so I want to try to do it before then. If not, that's fine and I'll manage.