Sign in to follow this  
Kainzorus Prime

Sith Pureblood head for TSL

I have a few other projects going on, but I can give this a shot in 3ds Max and see how it goes. Any particular reference head you want us to use?

5 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Hah, I wondered how long it would take this to resurface. You could directly port one of the TOR heads now.

Yes, I've noticed the rule on that changed. Could also be an option.

@Kainzorus Prime: Did you want that exact head you linked to in the first post? It looks like the same mesh variant as Lord Abaron, the purity-obsessed bloke on Korriban - https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/npc/lord-abaron - which makes things easy.

Edit: Initial in-game test

I need to adjust the eyelids, tone down the weights a tad. There was a lot less to work with on a male head compared to the female eyelids.

OK @Kainzorus Prime, here are the fruits of my latest labour:

TSL_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Head_01_TH  TSL_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Head_02_TH

TSL_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Head_03_TH  TSL_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Head_05_TH

TSL_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Head_06_TH  TSL_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Head_09_TH

TSL_TOR_Ported_Sith_Pureblood_Head_08_TH

It actually turned out a lot better than I was expecting. There are probably a few areas that could use some weight tweaks, but otherwise it worked pretty well straight out of the box. I just need to tweak the neck area of the body texture to try and get a better blend at the join.

Mate, the fruits of your labor are awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing this released.

3 hours ago, UnusualCharacters said:

That's really cool! I'm still amazed by how at home these TOR models feel next to the KotOR stuff. 

Well, there's also the fact KotOR characters aren't nearly as anemic as TOR ones. so the body proportions look more natural here.