Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjobby

Head Retexturing problems

I am trying to retexture the dark harbinger and exile expansion heads. I open the TGA textures in Corel Paint Shop Pro X. I do all my editing/retexturing. I save the file in TGA format and copy and paste to the override folder. Now when I choose my retextured heads in the character creation screen the face is all messed up (ears on the forehead and eyes and mouth in wrong places etc.) I also noticed my modified TGA head textures are larger then the original textures from the mods. Does anyone know how to fix this????

Either your MDX file for the head is broken or you placed something wrong. For the texture size, I can't help you because I don't know how Corel does save the files, as I use Photoshop.

Maybe something wrong with texture's resolution. 

Give me your texture, I'll try to find the problem.

I'm not using any mdx or model file just retexturing.  I can't find any option to attach my texture to this post.

I don't think it's an issue with resolution. TGA files will usually save with two different origins: Top Left or Bottom Left

Kotor should be Bottom Left in order for textures to show up right, my guess is that for some reason it's being saved as Top Left

Kotor should be Bottom Left in order for textures to show up right, my guess is that for some reason it's being saved as Top Left

It's OpenGL rather than KOTOR I believe. It's the same problem Jorak Uln has (does he use PSP as well?). You can fix them by re-exporting them from a program that supports the proper format. IrfanView is free and will do the trick - http://www.irfanview.com/