sEcOnDbOuToFiNsAnItY

K1 Scout/Scoundrel clothing model hybrid

So, here's a request that's probably a bit... niche.

I kinda adore the scoundrel's red jacket in K1. But... I hate the trousers and the shoes - the entire waist-down, really. I much prefer the scout's trousers with their sweet boots and holster and nothing in the way of painfully uncomfortable wedgie.

So, with that in mind, is anybody willing to effectively slice off the scoundrel's legs at the wait and graft on the scouts to it?

So, here's a request that's probably a bit... niche.

I kinda adore the scoundrel's red jacket in K1. But... I hate the trousers and the shoes - the entire waist-down, really. I much prefer the scout's trousers with their sweet boots and holster and nothing in the way of painfully uncomfortable wedgie.

So, with that in mind, is anybody willing to effectively slice off the scoundrel's legs at the wait and graft on the scouts to it?

Would probably be easier to slice off the jacket from the Scoundrel and hide/tweak/delete the vest on the Scout and graft the jacket. I'll take a look at it.

• Like 1

This is what you're after?

K1_Scoundrel_Scout_Hybrid_TH.jpg

It requires some scaling of one part or the other, as K1 has its 3 different body sizes. For the above example I scaled the legs down 0.97 to fit the torso. It's not a perfect match, so I expect there will be issues around the waist in certain animations.

• Like 1

Probably not what your talking about but have you ever used this.

Used what? There's nothing there...

This is what you're after?

K1_Scoundrel_Scout_Hybrid_TH.jpg

It requires some scaling of one part or the other, as K1 has its 3 different body sizes. For the above example I scaled the legs down 0.97 to fit the torso. It's not a perfect match, so I expect there will be issues around the waist in certain animations.

Yeah, pretty much. Hmm, as I recall, there was a mod somewhere that made the scales of the 3 different pc options the same. It might be worth looking to see if that's around anywhere - it'd make the fit better.

I suppose that trying scaling the torso up instead of the legs down might make the fit better too.

Thanks for your time!

Alternately, I interpreted the request as wanting just the jacket:

GeSsUtr.png

This completely untested and likely needs to be re-weighted to properly animate, but I can't do that stuff until I'm on my actual modding computer. And there's still some cleanup, like the edge of the vest if you look along the inner edge of the jacket.

• Like 1

as I recall, there was a mod somewhere that made the scales of the 3 different pc options the same. It might be worth looking to see if that's around anywhere - it'd make the fit better.

I suppose that trying scaling the torso up instead of the legs down might make the fit better too.

The legs are medium, the torso small (the soldier is large). TSL uses medium for everything, which I think is what that K1 mod you referred to does, switches all the appearance.2da entries to medium (I don't think it actually rescales the class clothes body models).

The fit at the waist is not related to scale, it's a physical shape of the mesh issue. There's a gap, but it is hidden by overlap. I did a quick run through some animations and there is some clipping that goes on during ones with extreme waist bending, setting/disabling mines for example. I'm not sure how egregious it will be in-game, as camera angles are more restricted there.

• Like 1

Alternately, I interpreted the request as wanting just the jacket:

GeSsUtr.png

This completely untested and likely needs to be re-weighted to properly animate, but I can't do that stuff until I'm on my actual modding computer. And there's still some cleanup, like the edge of the vest if you look along the inner edge of the jacket.

Again, thanks! Since yours is a rough version, I'm not sure which I ultimately prefer at the moment between yours and DP's.

The legs are medium, the torso small (the soldier is large). TSL uses medium for everything, which I think is what that K1 mod you referred to does, switches all the appearance.2da entries to medium (although I'm not sure it actually rescales the class clothes bodies).

The fit at the waist is not related to scale, it's a physical shape of the mesh issue. There's a gap, but it is hidden by overlap. I did a quick run through some animations and there is some clipping that goes on during ones with extreme waist bending, setting/disabling mines for example. I'm not sure how egregious it will be in-game, as camera angles are more restricted there.

Ah, right. Thanks for the clarity.

Hmm, the jacket does cover the waist from what I can see. I would imagine that it would conceal most such gaps in-game - especially from behind. Given the choice, if it's not too much trouble, I think I'd prefer the torso scaled up to the legs, rather than vice-versa.

-

And I will now have a minor geek out over the fact that actual Fair Strides and actual DarthParametric are actually working on something I requested...

We aren't just old hermits up on the mountain you know. :P

And for what it's worth, I scaled the jacket and arms up to 112% to approximate the size of the Scout's torso. And I just now learned that the right side of the jacket (if you're wearing it) is a bit longer than the left. That or I'm just blind.

• Like 1

Here you go, try this:

K1_Scoundrel_Scout_Hybrid_Male_01_TH.jpg

Edit: Updated version uploaded in subsequent post.

It's a straight override, so just dump it in your Override folder. It uses custom UVs (compressed 50% for a side-by-side 1024x512 merge of the two textures), so it won't be compatible with any reskin mods.

Only the male version for the moment. Perhaps Fair Strides can make the female version and you can see which approach you prefer.

• Like 2

Meanwhile I'm actually really amused that Darth Parametric and I started with opposite genders and are going about the task in the opposite way. All entirely uncoordinated, mind you. :D

• Like 1

Ah, it was the female version you did. I didn't realise earlier. I typically always work on male stuff, seeing as that's my personal preference for a player character, but I know a lot of people like playing a female character.

As to the actual direction, well I'm lazy, and this route seems like the easiest.

• Like 1

Ah, it was the female version you did. I didn't realise earlier. I typically always work on male stuff, seeing as that's my personal preference for a player character, but I know a lot of people like playing a female character.

As to the actual direction, well I'm lazy, and this route seems like the easiest.

It's kind of hard to tell because I didn't get quite the same angle as you did for your shot, but there's a slight shadow around the mid-chest area, but that's pretty much the only indication it's the female version, from that angle at least. And I prefer the female character, mostly for RP reasons, but it's also the first model you'd come across in KT.

And ditto for me. I felt scaling the torso and arms up would work better, but that's also 90% because I interpreted the request as just the jacket itself.

• Like 1

Wow. This is a really creative way to update the design without really changing much. I think I'll be using this. Might even do a challenge run using clothes only, I like it so much

Here you go, try this:

K1_Scoundrel_Scout_Hybrid_Male_01_TH.jpg

http://dpmods.wheb.org/files/kotor/k1/%5BK1%5D_Scoundrel_Clothes_with_Scout_Legs_Male.7z

It's a straight override, so just dump it in your Override folder. It uses custom UVs (compressed 50% for a side-by-side 1024x512 merge of the two textures), so it won't be compatible with any reskin mods.

Only the male version for the moment. Perhaps Fair Strides can make the female version and you can see which approach you prefer.

Seems to work fine - can't really make out any clipping in gameplay from disabling mines or the dance audition in Javyar's cantina. The belt does seem oddly... 'tall', I guess is the best way to put it.

Wow. This is a really creative way to update the design without really changing much. I think I'll be using this. Might even do a challenge run using clothes only, I like it so much

I think there's a couple mods around that make the clothes have proper bonuses (usually by adding in a unique item that uses the pc clothing appearance).

Now, to wait and see what FS comes up with his cleaned up version. :thumbup:

Oops. Might have misread. I thought you were scaling the jacket down to the smuggler pants size.

The Jacket would already be the smuggler size - as it's part of the smuggler model. I think you mean you thought he was scaling the scout body down.

Oops. Might have misread. I thought you were scaling the jacket down to the smuggler pants size.

No, that was DP's approach and that was the entire upper body. I just took the jacket itself off of the Scoundrel's body (well, I also stole the arms) and scaled it all up (hence the 112%, compared to DP scaling the Scout/Smuggler's lower body to 97%) to match the Scout/Smuggler's body.

Hm. I'm putting it in override, and it doesn't seem to be working. What could potentially be causing the conflict here? K1R?

EDIT: nvm, I was looking at the wrong one!