8fer27

Cannot Get Kotor Tool To Work With Kotor 2 (Help!)

I was going to start modding for Kotor 2 and i ran into the problem of the kotor tool not finding it because, kotor 2 is not in the registry. I need help guys! Kotor 1 is in the registry so, i don't know what to do. I do have saves to my computer so, I don't know why it is not showing up! PLEASE HELP!

post-28341-0-91715900-1478209397_thumb.png

post-28341-0-23135300-1478209398_thumb.png

post-28341-0-59335100-1478209398_thumb.png

Go to File -> Manage Paths and in the new window go to the tab SW:Kotor II TSL. Then click on the "..." button next to the KotOR:TSL root path and select the main folder of your TSL installation (the folder you have selected in your third screenshot).

Go to File -> Manage Paths and in the new window go to the tab SW:Kotor II TSL. Then click on the "..." button next to the KotOR:TSL root path and select the main folder of your TSL installation (the folder you have selected in your third screenshot).

This didn't help me since i tried that already. =/

OK the lucusforum link had the info.. you have to create a new path, open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>WOW6432node (for 64bit windows I dont remember what it is for 32bit) then right click and add a new key called "LucusArts" (without quotes) and another in that string called "KotOR2". now add a new string value called path with value data as: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\ (64bit. 32bit is: C:\Program Files\Steam\\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\). Refer to the link i posted for cd version paths.

Edit: you may have to reset after and maybe intall kotor tool again.. maybe, maybe not

• Like 1

OK the lucusforum had the info.. you have to create a new path, open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>WOW6432node (for 64bit windows I dont remember what it is for 32bit) then right click and add a new key called "LucusArts" (without quotes) and another in that string calkled "KotOR2". now add a new string value called path with value data as: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\ (64bit. 32 is "C:\\Program Files\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Knights of the Old Republic II\"). refer to the link i posted for cd version paths.

Edit: you may have to reset after and maybe intall kotor tool again.. maybe, maybe not

I did what you said and i also reinstalled it and it still didn't work

Glad you sorted the problem. Maybe you could explain the steps you took for others who run into this problem.

OK the lucusforum link had the info.. you have to create a new path, open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>WOW6432node (for 64bit windows I dont remember what it is for 32bit) then right click and add a new key called "LucusArts" (without quotes) and another in that string called "KotOR2". now add a new string value called path with value data as: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\ (64bit. 32bit is: C:\Program Files\Steam\\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\). Refer to the link i posted for cd version paths.

I did what you said but, you missed spelled LucasArts with "LucusArts", thats all

• Like 1