masternetra

Make Iriaz only Aggressive to Kath hounds?

Just a thought, perhaps the Iriaz could only be aggressive to kath hounds? They don't seem to be the type of animal that would just attack anyone anyway, plus I've had them Aggro the mandalorian who shoots that one unarmed guy just after that scene and he never became hostile with me so I couldn't kill him and his pals. 

• Like 1

This actually sounds like a decent idea, but then again you wouldn't be able to hunt them. I mean we have deer that we hunt and they don't really attack you (unless they use antlers, then they do sometimes..). So i could go either way xD

It's not like they drop anything anyway. They're more of nuisance then anything else (and normal and easy difficulties anyway), though could you imagine doing dantoine on impossible with them AND the kath hounds coming down on you? Keeping in mind they seem to like to travel about in groups of 5 or more. It sucks KOTOR doesn't have a attack non-hostile targets thing but I'd rather they be passive towards everyone who isn't a predator to them.

P.s. I can see why they were cut, their noise can get really annoying after a while.

P.s. I can see why they were cut, their noise can get really annoying after a while.

They did a really horrible job of cutting them out as in the dantooine murder mystery sidequest you learn all about the Iriaz even though there not even in game which gets really confusing as the Jedi there lectures you about there being plenty of iriaz around even though they don't seem to exist. Personally the Iriaz just fix the sidequest as a whole.

They did a really horrible job of cutting them out as in the dantooine murder mystery sidequest you learn all about the Iriaz even though there not even in game which gets really confusing as the Jedi there lectures you about there being plenty of iriaz around even though they don't seem to exist. Personally the Iriaz just fix the sidequest as a whole.

I originally just assumed it was some creature that just wasn't in the areas the player could go to but were plentiful elsewhere in areas nearby. (maybe scared off by the whole grove thing).

Dantooinians are really horrible with their animals (same for KOTOR2 where there would be kathhounds somewhere but they were other animals instead, fixed by TSLRCM).
  • Like 1

I had the same thing happen to me with the Iriaz fighting the Mandalorian shooting the farmer. I had to reload and wait in the corner near the entrance to that area and wait for the iriaz to eventually gallop off before approaching the Mandalorian so that scene could be triggered.

The sound the Iriaz make is very irritating.

The Iriaz are the only complaint I have about the Restoration mod, which is awesome overall. A good fix would be to have them in limited areas, or fewer of them in that spot near the first Mandalorian encounter, and to tone down that noise. I would do it myself if I had the time to learn the know how.

At the same time though, they can totally break the Mandalorian sidequest as they will attack the raiding party and you can't trigger the event which makes them hostile to you. I was able to avoid this glitch by killing most of the Iriaz on the estate before they entered their vicinity, but it's an annoying thing to deal with nonetheless. They seem to turn hostile for literally no reason and even if you manage to ignore them your companions often won't as they're still technically counted as "hostiles" by the game.

On 10/31/2016 at 1:01 PM, Revanator said:

I have never had hostile Iriaz. Huh.

Neither have I. For me, the Iriaz don't even attack the Kath Hounds and vice-versa. I was led to believe that Kath Hounds would attack them.