KillerLeapord

So what are chances Kotor gets the same treatment as TSL?

So it has been two years since kotor 2 got updated on steam with wide screen support, console summer, and achievements yet so far kotor has not gotten the same love as its sucessor. Any word if the devs will update kotor?

So it has been two years since kotor 2 got updated on steam with wide screen support, console summer, and achievements yet so far kotor has not gotten the same love as its sucessor. Any word if the devs will update kotor?

Personally I hope not, their update (IMO) created more problems than solutions

• Like 2

The only things I want from a possible update:

1. Widescreen so people can stop hacking their .exes.

2. Implement the GUI scaling that Obsidian did to KotOR 2 (for the love of god, THIS right here, please!) so I'm not looking at a 640x480 square on a 1280x1024 game...

3. Access to the model formats? (Eh?! :P)

• Like 1

I really really wish they would. I'm playing K2 now, it's running without a single problem. But I miss K1. I have it set up on my win 7 machine from disc, and had to tweak and fiddle with it to even run it. I'm about to install the GOG version on this win 8.1 machine, hopefully it will run.

I want it to be shown the same love as K2, including wide screen support with the GUI, and game controller support.

I really really wish they would. I'm playing K2 now, it's running without a single problem. But I miss K1. I have it set up on my win 7 machine from disc, and had to tweak and fiddle with it to even run it. I'm about to install the GOG version on this win 8.1 machine, hopefully it will run.

I want it to be shown the same love as K2, including wide screen support with the GUI, and game controller support.

K1 Runs better on Win10 than it ever did before for me, with a crapton of mods.

K1 Runs better on Win10 than it ever did before for me, with a crapton of mods.

That's good to know.

Gog or Steam? Do you use Flawless or the unisys for wide screen?

I haven't updated this machine to win 10 because I have other games that do not work with win 10. I hope to get a new machine soon, which will naturally be win 10.

That's good to know.

Gog or Steam? Do you use Flawless or the unisys for wide screen?

I haven't updated this machine to win 10 because I have other games that do not work with win 10. I hope to get a new machine soon, which will naturally be win 10.

Steam, I tried both- didn't like how both of them changed the UI even with fixes.

2 years now, eh?

I don't think it's going to happen for KOTOR1. They already adapted the game for mobile devices and I think that's all they'll end up doing KOTOR1 wise.

Today I found this

http://www.gamefront.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/downloads/star-wars-kotor-ii-hq-movie-and-music-patch

while it isn't official content, I wish KOTOR 1 would get this kind of love.

It's one of those things- if I won the lotto, I would approach them with an investment offer to have K1 upgraded with the works, UI, wide screen, controller support, and hq movie and music.

I don't understand why they don't do it, because it would sell.

I don't really need the updates TSL got, so I don't care whether or not KotOR gets the same.

But I would love to see an official port of K1 to the TSL engine. This would open up soooo many possibilites for us, but I fear it will never happen :(

I personally would like Widescreen support so I can stop downloading weird hacks from virus suspicious sites and doing weird hacks to get my game to run in 1080p and Controller Support.

Something I'd also like is Achievements as it gives people a reason to replay the game.

But I would love to see an official port of K1 to the TSL engine. This would open up soooo many possibilities for us, but I fear it will never happen.  :(

Is there no way anyone here can do it?

It wouldn't quite work as seamlessly as you would expect.

I personally would like Widescreen support so I can stop downloading weird hacks from virus suspicious sites and doing weird hacks to get my game to run in 1080p and Controller Support.

Something I'd also like is Achievements as it gives people a reason to replay the game.

use flawless widescreen. works great for like over 300 games

use flawless widescreen. works great for like over 300 games

It never works for me personally, plus you have to use a third party application to play a game? DISGUSTING

Patching it with UNWIS is better and is a permanent solution. Use GOG.