Photo
- - - - -

So what are chances Kotor gets the same treatment as TSL?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 KillerLeapord

KillerLeapord

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:56 PM

So it has been two years since kotor 2 got updated on steam with wide screen support, console summer, and achievements yet so far kotor has not gotten the same love as its sucessor. Any word if the devs will update kotor?

#2 milestails

milestails

Fulfiller of Mod Requests

• Moderators
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:13 AM

Widescreen at the very least. Come on powers that be.

Looking for a mod but can't find it? Ask over at the Mod Requests thread.

#3 Haveayap

Haveayap

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far, far away

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:38 AM

So it has been two years since kotor 2 got updated on steam with wide screen support, console summer, and achievements yet so far kotor has not gotten the same love as its sucessor. Any word if the devs will update kotor?

Personally I hope not, their update (IMO) created more problems than solutions

"No one is immune from failure. All have tasted the bitterness of defeat and disappointment. A warrior must not dwell on that failure, but must learn from it and continue on. But not all learn from their errors. That is something those who seek to dominate others know very well, and know how to exploit. If an opponent has failed once at a logic problem, his enemy will first try the same type of problem, hoping the failure will be repeated. What the manipulator sometimes forgets, and what a warrior must always remember, is that no two sets of circumstances are alike. One challenge is not like another. The would-be victim may have learned from the earlier mistake. crossing of life paths". - Thrawn

"All strive for victory. But not all understand what it truly is. To a soldier or pilot on the line, victory is surviving the current battle. To a politician, victory is an advantage one can bring to a bargaining table. To a warrior, victory is driving an enemy from the field of battle, or bringing him to surrender. Sometimes the victory is greater than the warrior could ever hope for. Sometimes it is more than he is able to bear". - Thrawn

#4 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,112 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:21 PM

The only things I want from a possible update:

1. Widescreen so people can stop hacking their .exes.

2. Implement the GUI scaling that Obsidian did to KotOR 2 (for the love of god, THIS right here, please!) so I'm not looking at a 640x480 square on a 1280x1024 game...

3. Access to the model formats? (Eh?! :P)

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#5 Ebony Moon

Ebony Moon

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:22 PM

I really really wish they would. I'm playing K2 now, it's running without a single problem. But I miss K1. I have it set up on my win 7 machine from disc, and had to tweak and fiddle with it to even run it. I'm about to install the GOG version on this win 8.1 machine, hopefully it will run.

I want it to be shown the same love as K2, including wide screen support with the GUI, and game controller support.

#6 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:25 PM

I really really wish they would. I'm playing K2 now, it's running without a single problem. But I miss K1. I have it set up on my win 7 machine from disc, and had to tweak and fiddle with it to even run it. I'm about to install the GOG version on this win 8.1 machine, hopefully it will run.

I want it to be shown the same love as K2, including wide screen support with the GUI, and game controller support.

K1 Runs better on Win10 than it ever did before for me, with a crapton of mods.
One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#7 Ebony Moon

Ebony Moon

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

K1 Runs better on Win10 than it ever did before for me, with a crapton of mods.

That's good to know.

Gog or Steam? Do you use Flawless or the unisys for wide screen?

I haven't updated this machine to win 10 because I have other games that do not work with win 10. I hope to get a new machine soon, which will naturally be win 10.

#8 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMalachor II

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:32 AM

I personally hope they add widescreen support and controller support.

#9 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:48 PM

That's good to know.

Gog or Steam? Do you use Flawless or the unisys for wide screen?

I haven't updated this machine to win 10 because I have other games that do not work with win 10. I hope to get a new machine soon, which will naturally be win 10.

Steam, I tried both- didn't like how both of them changed the UI even with fixes.

#10 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

2 years now, eh?
I don't think it's going to happen for KOTOR1. They already adapted the game for mobile devices and I think that's all they'll end up doing KOTOR1 wise.

#11 Ebony Moon

Ebony Moon

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:28 PM

Today I found this

http://www.gamefront...and-music-patch

while it isn't official content, I wish KOTOR 1 would get this kind of love.

It's one of those things- if I won the lotto, I would approach them with an investment offer to have K1 upgraded with the works, UI, wide screen, controller support, and hq movie and music.

I don't understand why they don't do it, because it would sell.

#12 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:11 PM

That IS official content and we have it here too...

"Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods." - Me

My SWTOR Trooper Play List (constructive criticism welcomed): https://www.youtube....sZNG8fmWsOp1PvM

#13 Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM / M4-78EP Developer

• Administrators
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

KOTOR1 didn't need it since it didn't ship with low-quality movies or mono music like KOTOR2.

#14 Kexikus

Kexikus

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

I don't really need the updates TSL got, so I don't care whether or not KotOR gets the same.

But I would love to see an official port of K1 to the TSL engine. This would open up soooo many possibilites for us, but I fear it will never happen :(

Signatur_zpsdlwsov7b.jpg

#15 N-DReW25

N-DReW25

Little Fixer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMalachor II

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

I personally would like Widescreen support so I can stop downloading weird hacks from virus suspicious sites and doing weird hacks to get my game to run in 1080p and Controller Support.

Something I'd also like is Achievements as it gives people a reason to replay the game.

#16 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:19 PM

But I would love to see an official port of K1 to the TSL engine. This would open up soooo many possibilities for us, but I fear it will never happen.  :(

Is there no way anyone here can do it?

#17 InSidious

InSidious

Jedi Knight

• Administrators
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe Eleven-Day Empire

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:39 PM

Is there no way anyone here can do it?

No.

You know, I never feel comfortable on these sort of things. Victims? Don't be melodramatic. Tell me. Would you really feel any pity if one of those dots stopped moving forever? If I offered you twenty thousand pounds for every dot that stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you calculate how many dots you could afford to spare? Free of income tax, old man. Free of income tax - the only way you can save money nowadays.

Mods Released| Works-In-Progress| Nexus page

#18 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

No.

I was asking, if- not should. 

#19 LDR

LDR

Grossly Incandescent

• Reviewer
  • 114 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

It wouldn't quite work as seamlessly as you would expect.

You make a loop de loop and pull. And your shoes are looking cool.

Also you should totally subscribe to my YouTube channel.

#20 HaloGirlAsh117

HaloGirlAsh117

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTython

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

I personally would like Widescreen support so I can stop downloading weird hacks from virus suspicious sites and doing weird hacks to get my game to run in 1080p and Controller Support.

Something I'd also like is Achievements as it gives people a reason to replay the game.

use flawless widescreen. works great for like over 300 games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users