I've noticed since installing K1R that Shaleena, the Outcast who welcomes you to the Undercity, has a different appearance now. Can one of the mod's devs confirm for me that this change was introduced by K1R and not a different mod?

And if it was, why the change? I liked the old version better.

In vanilla, Shaleena had the generic dirty asian commoner appearance, whereas there was a Unique Shaleena appearance in the appearance.2da that was unused.

This is basically the same thing as the Saedhe head debate in TSLRCM (Saedhe is the guy investigating the swoop on Dantooine which leads into the Atmospheric Sensors quest; in vanilla, he was black).

I like the unique Shaleena. Any departure from the grossly overused NPC heads in KotOR is a welcome sight.

• Like 1
  • Dark Side Points 1

In vanilla, Shaleena had the generic dirty asian commoner appearance, whereas there was a Unique Shaleena appearance in the appearance.2da that was unused.

This is basically the same thing as the Saedhe head debate in TSLRCM (Saedhe is the guy investigating the swoop on Dantooine which leads into the Atmospheric Sensors quest; in vanilla, he was black).

To be honest, I sort of suspect that was an intentional change, and the unused Saedhe head was unfortunately never reused elsewhere. In my opinion (and the opinion of unofficial TSLRCM tweak pack) the old black man fits the voice a lot more than the white character

On a side note: how the hell does one even pronounce his name? Say-dee? Side-eh? I don't believe it's ever said by anyone

• Like 1

Okay, thanks. Is there an easy way to revert the appearance?

On a side note: how the hell does one even pronounce his name? Say-dee? Side-eh? I don't believe it's ever said by anyone

Say'd-hee? That's how I always thought of it.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks. Is there an easy way to revert the appearance?

I'd imagine you'd need to request a specific K1R tweak to get vanilla Shaleena back, unless there's a specific file in the override folder. Not sure because I don't have access to my main computer right now. It should be the only one with her name in it, though, as there was no dialogue to restore, meaning that would have been the only change

I'd imagine you'd need to request a specific K1R tweak to get vanilla Shaleena back, unless there's a specific file in the override folder. Not sure because I don't have access to my main computer right now. It should be the only one with her name in it, though, as there was no dialogue to restore, meaning that would have been the only change

I've been trying to make that, maybe now I might do it.

Speaking hypothetically, could you not just install k1 restoration after that point? o.O 

I think that would be getting into the complicated and unpredictable territory - not quite worth it.

What does the new Shaleena head look like anyway? Perhaps we could have a comparison shot?

Both can be found on Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shaleena

To be honest, I didn't even notice, so nice eye. But I did think to myself that I remembered her having longer hair

I've been trying to make that, maybe now I might do it.

I never did reply to the PM and I apologize for that. Can you re-send it or make up a new one?

Also for anyone that really wants it, here's the file for Shaleena from K1R with the appearance changed back. I really don't think there were any other changes, but grabbing the file from K1R is safer since I don't know:

(Just unpack it and move the file to the Override folder)

tar04_shaleena.7z

• Like 1

Also for anyone that really wants it, here's the file for Shaleena from K1R with the appearance changed back. I really don't think there were any other changes, but grabbing the file from K1R is safer since I don't know:

(Just unpack it and move the file to the Override folder)

attachicon.giftar04_shaleena.7z

Thanks, FS!