File Submitter: VarsityPuppet

File Submitted: 30 Sep 2016

File Category: Skins

TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

A VARSITYPUPPET MOD

TITLE:
- Malak With Hair

DESCRIPTION:
Once upon a time, the terrifying Darth Malak was once a young, powerful Jedi Knight. He stood for peace, justice and believed the Mandalorians should be stopped from conquering the oft-neglected Outer Rim territories. Back when he had hair.

Somewhere along the way, he went bald, got dumb tattoos on his head and did the whole Sith Lord routine.

This reskin will give him a full head of hair again, like he would have had while recruiting for Revan back when the Mandalorian Wars first started. He'll show up in the Korriban Tomb with a reskinned red armor and a hairline.

INSTALLATION:
- Drag the files into your Override.
- npc_v_malak is only necessary if you want Malak named Alek Squinquargesimus, his decidedly ridiculous original name that was canonized with the Knights of the Old Republic comics

PERMISSIONS:
- NO REUPLOAD WITHOUT PERMISSION
- MAY BE INCLUDED WITH OTHER MODS WITH PROPER CREDITS

CREDITS:
- Bioware
- GIMP
- Fred Tetra + KOTOR Tool

Click here to download this file

Perfect addition to the tomb scene.

Just curious, how is this different from your original Malak the Squint mod from KotOR Files?

Not bad. Although I can respect the designer's decision to make him bald as that makes him pretty much instantly recognizable.

I doubt it was a designer's decision. This is a leftover asset from Kotor 1.

*shrugs* Well anyway, the original was nice to have for the first playthrough, but I'll be using this one from now on, I think.

Sorry, didn't mean to seem short.

I just think there wasn't much thought put into it, because the asset was already there, it's not an incredibly important detail to iterate upon and Malak as envisioned in the Knights of the Old Republic Comics hadn't been conceptualized yet.

Sorry, didn't mean to seem short.

I just think there wasn't much thought put into it, because the asset was already there, it's not an incredibly important detail to iterate upon and Malak as envisioned in the Knights of the Old Republic Comics hadn't been conceptualized yet.

No apology necessary. I understood what you meant perfectly.

• Like 1

I doubt it was a designer's decision. This is a leftover asset from Kotor 1.

That also means this model is in K1 and it can be used for K1. Though the only time I ever saw the Jedi Malak model was in the Brotherhood of Shadow mod and the Ord Mantell mod (Though i'm certain it wasn't malak, it was an easter egg using the Malak jedi model)