Marauder

MOD:TSL Reduced Graphics Mod

TSL Reduced Graphics Mod

This mod reduces the amount of video effects that are used to reduce overall lag in the game, should help a little if you're having performance problems.

It mostly reduces dynamic lights, shadow casting lights and other small details but on the low setting all effects are disabled for max performance.

If you need more performance you could also use Shem's Realistic Visual Effects mod or Siberian Wolf's No speed blur mod with this one. Other than that, tweakguides has some good tips you should look at.

There's likely to be a couple of slight changes later on so suggestions are welcome.

As usual feel free to use it however you like, please throw a mention my way if you do.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/22/2016
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible

You'd be surprised, some of us still have trash things D:        

Besides this mod is pretty much for those that need it, so if you don't, why hate? XD

And if you are traveling and using an adequate laptop for working but has almost a 0% gaming capacity this would, then, be very helpful. 

The mod changes things in the .ini file from the videoquality.2da file. Basically, when you change your graphics level, .ini settings are switched up, such as lighting and shadows.

Here's the comparison between vanilla and the mod, with the vanilla on the left:

5mcL3PY.png

• Like 2

I think I understand. "Fast" is "Off", then low good and best are low medium and high. The mod then tells the .ini to not activate things to the degree they would be even when set to off. Correct?

I think I understand. "Fast" is "Off", then low good and best are low medium and high. The mod then tells the .ini to not activate things to the degree they would be even when set to off. Correct?

You still get the same texture quality but with some of the effects reduced.

If you look in the graphics options under advanced you have the 'low', 'medium' and 'high' graphics level - they correspond to the low, medium and best columns in the screenshots fair strides posted. Overall quality isn't really hurt much but the game is smoother.

High graphics doesn't change much, you get a bit of everything but it's still less than the original. Nothing you'll really miss.

Medium graphics is the bare minimum effects you'd want, nothing is ugly but the game should be smoother.

Low graphics turns everything off for people who are struggling. 

A lot of lag in TSL seems to be caused by dynamic lights and shadows - blaster shots, force powers, grenades, shadows caused by creatures, smoke, etc. This mod just reduces that without compromising too much on details.