ExcaliburCreed

Title screen says Sith Lords restored content mod 1.8.5 but does not seem to be true

My computer is Windows 7 and bought kotor 2 from steam and subscribed to the tslrcm mod. I managed to get kotor 2 to work, and so far I've reached duxn but for some reason I'm not convinced I'm playing tslrcm this whole time despite my title screen claiming I have the mod installed. I have a few other mods installed like the widescreen fix and some asthetics like T3 light side. I can't trigger the visas sparring with me while kreia watches, Atton never said any bath jokes, hk factory quest is blank, hk units on telos polar never told me about how they were glad I was intact instead they said their vanilla lines. etc. It feels like the game is still vanillia despite my title screen telling me otherwise. I have the tslrcm override folder from program 64x placed into the .exe override folder, ever copying the contents of the folder and placing them in the override instead of just in the folder. Do I have to install every previous version to get their files into the game too? Any help or explanation would be thankful

Did you run the exe from a location outside your KotOR 2 folder, and point it to the game's base folder where the game's exe is located, NOT the override folder?

Blank HK quest entries sound like a mod conflict.

Please list all the mods you use (and where you got them with links).

Also if I understand your description of the installation correctly you got TSLRCM from the Steam workshop and then copied these files into the normal Override folder? If so that's not necessary and might somehow cause issues. If you want to use the Steam Workshop to install TSLRCM, you'd just subscribe to it and you're done. BUT you then need to install all other mods to the TSLRCM workshop folder.

Originally I started the game without any mods but I realized the title screen didn't have the 1.8.5 mark on it. So I deleted it and researched how to add it, so I found out I had to put it in my .exe override folder as well as some other mods from steam which include:

Toggle head armor

Attune at workbench

Ebon hawk black and white re skin

Some new fears and powers

Head clip issue fixed

Nihilus, revan, mando armor at dobo bros

Influence success ( I play light side so I want to hear stories from mandolore, Hk, goto)

Saving telos ithorian lightside

M478

Malachor Lightning effects

T3 light re skin

Coruscating Jedi temple ( I downloaded this one with winrar, I doubt it works though)

Lightsaber color enhance

Telos signs remodel

Widescreen

Buzzing sounds reduced

And of course tslrcm 1.8.5

I did however remove the mod temporarily during my peragus space part because it kept teleporting me to the harbinger where I was in a space suit attacked by Sith assassins and a passive soon kneeled down not caring for me. So I got past that part and simply places the mod back. It happens again during telos when I got the ravanger cutscene so I did some research and found it was a specific file I had to remove from the 1.8.5 override folder (forgot the name but it began with a k) and after that the cutscenes were back to normal and my game was normal. Still, I think that could be it. But even when I downloaded it kreia still didn't mention ebon hawk when I first met her so I'm not convinced I'm playing the mod.

Okay, first thing: The TSLRCM 1.8.5 logo on the title screen is just one texture that does not necessarily mean that the mod is properly installed. It is a good indication that something is working though.

Second thing: Installing mods mid-playthrough or removing them for parts of a playthrough is basically a guarantee to get problems.

And then to make sure I understand you correctly: You got all of these mods (except for the Jedi Temple) from Steam, but copied their files into the main Override folder? If so, you probably had to replaces files during the process, right? That's probably the reason for your problems. One mod replaced TSLRCM files and thus reverted TSLRCMs changes.

In order to get several big mods to work properly together you need to get them from here or from nexusmods where they include an installer that properly patches files instead of simply replacing them.

And finally: Jedi Temple and M4-78EP need a compability patch to work together.

I have the tslrcm override folder from program 64x placed into the .exe override folder, ever copying the contents of the folder and placing them in the override instead of just in the folder.

Okay, seriously... WHAT?

WHY?

WHY?

Suggestion: Uninstall EVERYTHING, clear all leftovers, then re-install. And don't do that again, follow install instructions instead of... I have no idea what you've read.

Well, I had to get this game running on Windows 7 first but I guess I did install tslrcm improperly. It looks like the title screen was deceiving me this whole time. I'm not a huge PC gamer, but I am a huge kotor fan. And when I saw tslrcm I just had to buy kotor 2 off steam to try it. I appreciate all the advice from everyone and I'll just delete my save game and uninstall/ install kotor 2. It's only duxn anyways and I'd rather enjoy tslrcm than the ridiculously empty vanilla. I just became a member of deadlystream recently so I'll definitely check out the mods here. Especially the 1.8.5

Wish me luck and thanks