Sign in to follow this  
MidichlorianCell

A new member :D

Hi everyone,

Iam MidichlorianCell lol and wanted to greet everyone. Yesterday  completed Kotor 1 and never thought its such a great game and now Im thinking about to play it a second time with mods. Unfortuneatelly i have to play on my 10 years old laptop and i have to wait till friday to order my new pc so yeah and as I was searching for mods i saw this website and as it seems it has the best and updated mods. Nice to see everybody and i hope you have a great day :welcome:

Greetings

Welcome. It's always nice to see a new face. If you need help installing mods or anything of the sort just let me know. I have a whole slew of youtube videos on the topic to walk you though everything.

• Like 1

Welcome to Deadlystream

Don't know if you know but when your logged in to a deadlystream account you don't get that annoying "You have Downloaded the maximum number of files for today" Message so can download as many files as you want (I Think)

• Like 1

I have an account, and I can assure you that I get a download limit after about 50 in a day. It's on basically every website, and is in place to prevent the poor servers from getting overburdened, if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

I have an account, and I can assure you that I get a download limit after about 50 in a day. It's on basically every website, and is in place to prevent the poor servers from getting overburdened, if I recall correctly.

Well 50 is better than 7

• Like 1

Greetings! You might want to consider changing your name because it has a very controversial element to the Star Wars fanbase: midichlorians. (Not that I hate them, mind you.)

• Like 1

Greetings! You might want to consider changing your name because it has a very controversial element to the Star Wars fanbase: midichlorians. (Not that I hate them, mind you.)

No offence but thats like saying Sith Holocron should change his name since Sith Holocrons are now canon

No offence but thats like saying Sith Holocron should change his name since Sith Holocrons are now canon

None taken. I'm just saying that midichlorians are very controversial among the Star Wars fanbase.

None taken. I'm just saying that midichlorians are very controversial among the Star Wars fanbase.

yes... because god forbid, you cant add even a little bit of science into a sci-fi film XD wheres the logic in doing that!?!?!? What was GL thinking!?!?!?

Hi everyone,

Iam MidichlorianCell lol and wanted to greet everyone. Yesterday completed Kotor 1 and never thought its such a great game and now Im thinking about to play it a second time with mods. Unfortuneatelly i have to play on my 10 years old laptop and i have to wait till friday to order my new pc so yeah and as I was searching for mods i saw this website and as it seems it has the best and updated mods. Nice to see everybody and i hope you have a great day :welcome:

Greetings

Welcome :)

Welcome. It's always nice to see a new face. If you need help installing mods or anything of the sort just let me know. I have a whole slew of youtube videos on the topic to walk you though everything.

Thank you and I've already seen a lot of your videos nice content especially that your're making reviews of Dragon Age mods etc. Haven't seen much for Dragon Age e.g. :D

Hey. Welcome us:) Don't miss out TSL

Thank you and I will play it as soon as the Titan X Pascal got a refernce cooler :/

Welcome!

Thank you :D

Welcome to the DeadlyStream, MidichlorianCell. :D

When you get your new computer, might I suggest you check out this graphic tweak guide http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1545-nvidia-gfx-guide , since most new GPUs don't natively run Kotor; and it could help with performance as well.

Thank you and I will do as soon as the Titan X Pascal got a reference cooler :D

Welcome to Deadlystream

Don't know if you know but when your logged in to a deadlystream account you don't get that annoying "You have Downloaded the maximum number of files for today" Message so can download as many files as you want (I Think)

Thank you and for now the 50 files are more than I need xD

Welcome :D

Thanks and well I found it funny but why is it controversial? :D

And I think the name should stay. Welcome aboard!

Welcome.

yes... because god forbid, you cant add even a little bit of science into a sci-fi film XD wheres the logic in doing that!?!?!? What was GL thinking!?!?!?

Welcome :D

No offence but I don't understand why it's controversial. I thought LucasArts said that the move lore is official

Thank you and I've already seen a lot of your videos nice content especially that your're making reviews of Dragon Age mods etc. Haven't seen much for Dragon Age e.g. :D

Thank you and I will play it as soon as the Titan X Pascal got a refernce cooler :/

Thank you and I will do as soon as the Titan X Pascal got a reference cooler :D

Thank you and for now the 50 files are more than I need xD

Thanks and well I found it funny but why is it controversial? :D

No offence but I don't understand why it's controversial. I thought LucasArts said that the move lore is official

To clarify on why midichlorians are controversial among the Star Wars fanbase, in the original Star Wars film, Obi-Wan Kenobi says that "The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field generated by all living things. It surrounds us. It penetrates us. It binds the Galaxy together." However, The Phantom Menace introduced, at least in the films, the concept of midichlorians. There was a common misconception that the midichlorians were meant to be the Force, where actually Qui-Gon Jinn clearly refers the Force and the midichlorians as two different things. Since Sir Alec Guinness had already given us a perfectly reasonable explanation for the Force, it was somewhat understandable that some people thought that the midichlorians were trying to replace the definition. The irony is that Lucas had the concept of midichlorians in his head as far back as the seventies, but felt that he wouldn't have time to put it in as an explanation for the original Star Wars in 1977.

Technically SW is not SF but space fantasy. It's a completely fictional universe with it's own set of rules, magic, and technology not based on any real science, but being a medium for presenting a certain kind of story. But I guess that's a matter for another topic.

Hey, you might want to change your "SF" to science fiction. Because space fantasy and science fiction have the same acronyms.

Hey, you might want to change your "SF" to science fiction. Because space fantasy and science fiction have the same acronyms.

Heh, sorry, I didn't notice that. Though I've never seen SF used for space fantasy, I don't think there is an accepted abbreviation for the latter, though I might be wrong. Though it would be indeed more appropriate to use sfi-fi in this context if you're even going to argue the point of my previous post (if you concider the subtle difference between the different kinds of science fiction shown in the abbreviations). 

Generally speaking, it's good form to reply all in one post.

Sorry, I tried but couldn't do all in one :/

Generally speaking, it's good form to reply all in one post.

Fixed!

Welcome, MidichlorianCell!

Also, the MultiQuote button is your friend.

Sorry, I tried but couldn't do all in one :/

To clarify on why midichlorians are controversial among the Star Wars fanbase, in the original Star Wars film, Obi-Wan Kenobi says that "The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field generated by all living things. It surrounds us. It penetrates us. It binds the Galaxy together." However, The Phantom Menace introduced, at least in the films, the concept of midichlorians. There was a common misconception that the midichlorians were meant to be the Force, where actually Qui-Gon Jinn clearly refers the Force and the midichlorians as two different things. Since Sir Alec Guinness had already given us a perfectly reasonable explanation for the Force, it was somewhat understandable that some people thought that the midichlorians were trying to replace the definition. The irony is that Lucas had the concept of midichlorians in his head as far back as the seventies, but felt that he wouldn't have time to put it in as an explanation for the original Star Wars in 1977.

As far as I understood is that the midichlorians are organisms the give you a direct connection to the force so you can use it but interesting to know. Thank you