Sign in to follow this  
Haveayap

Appearance.2DA

Could someone please look at my appearance.2da file from kotor and tell me why my character cannot equip any Jedi robes even though I should be able to. I haven't got the time to be pissing around with this crap and wanted to do a play through... Thanks in advance :D appearance.7z

Can you list the mods you have installed

Too many, but the only mods that should affect either my Jedi robes or my appearance.2da files  are:

Kainzorus Prime's and Deadman's Prequel robe replacement (which shouldn't affect the appearance.2da file as it is only a reskin)

The clone trooper armour from warpedproductions.com http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/clones.html  (which I feel could be the reason for my messed up appearance.2da file, but I have tried a fresh install without this and the robes will still crash my game when I try to equip them :/)

Robes for Korriban Sith Students - Shem

That is all that I use that may affect the file, the rest of my mods are simple reskins 

If you can't equip something that's likely a restriction issue rather than a 2DA issue. Possibly a mod has added some Feat requirement to robes. What does the item description say in the game?

If you can't equip something that's likely a restriction issue rather than a 2DA issue. Possibly a mod has added some Feat requirement to robes. What does the item description say in the game?

I can tell you that it isn't, I have checked that :D And Juhani, Bastila (I haven't reached Jolee with this issue so :/), Carth (I gave him prerequisites to make sure that it wasn't just something to do with the male robe model) can all equip robes without the game crashing, it is just Revan who can't. I read somewhere that it could be due to something to do with the appearance.2da file and something about the robes being a disguise instead of equippable item... I cant really tell you much more, and I haven't really had a bug like this until recently 

Your original posts says you can't equip robes, not that equipping robes causes a crash. Those are two very different things.

If it's a crash, it could be a model issue.

Yes. Sorry, I should have been more clear. IDT it is a model issue as I have tried this with both Kainzourous primes models as well as a fresh install with Shem's prequel robes, I assumed it has something to do with the appearance.2da file as that is the only thing in common my game has (I also have this issue with the vanilla game with no mods at all except a few retextures (that didn't change the robe model)

It's a similar issue to this, accept it is with all of my robes, not just the Star Forge robes http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3018-i-have-a-problem-with-the-k1-jedi-revan-robe/

Your original posts says you can't equip robes, not that equipping robes causes a crash. Those are two very different things.

Now your making sense from what you wrote I through you meant the robe model doesn't appear in game due to the appearance.2da

The 2DA shows that males (including Jolee, but not Carth) have the model I variant column set to ROBES/ROBEM/ROBEL (as appropriate) and the texture set to ROBE. It doesn't affect females. You didn't mention Jolee, so I am going to assume you don't have him, but that equipping a robe on him would cause the same crash. If the model were missing I think it should just give you a floating head rather than cause a crash, so I suspect it is a model issue.

The 2DA shows that males (including Jolee, but not Carth) have the model I variant column set to ROBES/ROBEM/ROBEL (as appropriate) and the texture set to ROBE. It doesn't affect females. You didn't mention Jolee, so I am going to assume you don't have him, but that equipping a robe on him would cause the same crash. If the model were missing I think it should just give you a floating head rather than cause a crash, so I suspect it is a model issue.

I'll test Jolee when I am home to see if that happens with him as well. Do you know off any easy solutions that may work then? But I'm sure the issue is with NPC (Revan) only.

Check your override folder and see if you have the model files - robes.mdl/mdx, robem.mdl/mdx, robel.mdl/mdx. If they are there then they presumably have some sort of issue. The solution would be to remove the reference to them from the 2DA so it just points to the vanilla models.

They are all there, already checked and the robes appear fine on Jolee.

EDIT: I removed them, the same issue still persists.

Here, try this. It removes the offending references from the 2DA.

Thanks, it seems to be working now :D