N-DReW's K1 Gameplay Improvement BETA

N-DReW's K1 Gameplay Improvement Beta
A Mod for Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Author: N-DReW25
Demo 1.0 Release Date: 03.7.2016
Beta 1.0 Release Date: 1.11.2020

Installation:
1) Make sure you install my mod first before any other

2) Simply place the ALL the files within the "For Override" Folder into your Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic override folder

3) Then place ALL the files within the "For modules" Folder into your Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic modules folder

4) Make sure you place all the VO audio in "For Streamwaves" into your Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic streamwaves folder

5) Then place the "dialog.tlk" into the Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic folder and overwrite the one currently in there

This is not necessary though if you want the any optional modules simply open the "Optional" folder and copy ALL the files within your desired folder and place them in your override folder

Description:
N-DReW's Gameplay Improvement is a total overhaul mod which reworks a lot of features in the game. Whilst the original lore, textures and game style are in-tact almost every other aspect 
of the game has been reworked and overhauled, from the game feats, player stats and skills, difficulty, loot drops, way items work, new items, a complex NPC Overhaul, ported aspects
from Kotor 2, reworked dialogue, new NPCs, restored content, new content and much, much more.

From the Endar Spire to the Star Forge, you can relive Kotor 1 in a new and immersive way which you have never seen before. 
* The mod retains its vanilla style meaning you won't see any 4K textures beside Low Res textures here
* Relive the nostalgia glory days of the early 2000 mods as many have been repurposed for the K1GI, mods such as the famous Brotherhood of Shadow have been used throughout the game with permission to create a more diverse range of NPCs and Items
* This mod also utilizes modders resources and defunct mod projects with permissions to add more flavour to the Kotor 1 Game, with the NPC Overhaul provided by the defunct K1 Enhancement Pack and the many heads avaliable in the also defunct Revenge of Revan Demo the K1GI provides player with a revolutionary array of NPCs to fill the Galaxt of clones
* Inspired by the Blasters Reloaded mod, the Blaster attack feats have been removed from the levle up menu and are given for free using specific blasters. A Sniper Rifle can give Sniper Attack, a Heavy Repeater can give Rapid Shot and a Pistol can give Power Blast. This new system allows for players to be more creative with their player build allowing for players to focus on a melee build and be able to switch to a Blaster with no worries 
* Similar to blasters, the Blaster Focus, Specialization and Sneak Attack feats have also been removed and can be given for free via a mask item allowing for a freer hand in character builds
* Feats in general have been reworked: Scoundrels get Scoundrels luck and Medium Armor, Scouts get Uncanny Dodge and Light Armor and Soldiers get Toughness and Heavy Armor. Restored the Simple Weapons feat which non-Vibro melee weapons need in order to be wielded
* Certain Party Members have new feats, skills, attributes classes and powers
* HK-47 can now equipt an upgrade to enable him to wield any type of Melee Weapon
* New items from Shields, Sunglasses, Laser Swords and more have been added allowing for more worth while loot drops and merchant gear
* The Tutorial has now been removed and Trask Ulgo the 4th wall destroyer has been replaced by a lore friendly Jedi Commander
* Movie style dark side transitions and effects
* Various cameos from Kotor 2 including Darth Sion and Kaah Ohtok

Added an optional 'Overhauled Mission Vao' from Efix's K2 mod
Added an optional Kotor Weapon Model Overhaul
Added Effix's underwear mod as human dancer skins
Droid items like flame throwers are no longer infinite, most droid items now have their Kotor 2 names and have been reworked
Reworked all the Baragwin items and added new Baragwin gear including the Electromesh and Plasmamesh robe and mask by Effix and Baragwin Ice Armor by MasterWaffle
When Admiral Dodonna is informed of the victory against the Star Forge the sound of cheering can now be heard in the background
Modified Star Forge NPCs
Alongside the vanilla red Star Forge Assault Droids, other classes of red droids will attack the player such as red Sentinel Droids, Assault Droid Mark 4s and Spider Droids
The Sith Master who informs Malak on the Star Forge has been replaced by an Admiral in a black uniform, this same admiral now spawns in the Star Forge Robe room as an enemy
Numerous cameos to Kotor Trilogy's "The Circle of Fate" during the Star Forge sequence
Restored Jedi, Zaalbar and Dark Side Bastila lines in the Hangar of the Star Forge
Carth's main dialogue has been reworked
Carth's alignment will become neutral if the player kills Dustil
You can now kill the Jedi strike team in the Hangar if you are Dark Side
The 3 Dark Jedi in the Dark Side ending now have unique appearances, with the leader being a cameo to Darth Varkor's Return of the Exile
Temporarily disabled the option to create Star Forge robes, in future updates the robes shall be fixed and overhauled
Removed the option to disable the turrets, to unlock the door to deck 3 you need to slay the turrets outside the elevator
Master Vrook, Master Atris (With Effix reskin) and Master Kae have been added to the final Light Side scene
The Jedi Librarian robes worn by Master Dorak have been replaced with Effix's Lore Keeper robes 

For previous updates please check the update log

Incompatibilities:
If you want to know if a certain mod is incompatible with my mod please PM me on Deadlystream

If you have any suggestions for future idea's please give me a PM on Deadlystream and give me a detailed description of what you want and it may be considered (Don't be shy). If you would like to help the mod out I will accept whatever help I can especially if you can script or make textures!

Permissions:
You can NOT edit, upload to other websites or claim as your own without permission from me. You cannot use assets from other modders included in this project without their permission.

Bioware for such an amazing game
Obsidian for the second game and its assests
Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool
FairStrides for trying to help me with ERF Edit

VO Talent:
Zhaboka- Kaah Ohtok

Credits:
Bith Musician items/HK Melee Mod- Khrizby 
Dark Side Reimagined Mod- darksidebirdie
Jedi from the Start scripts- darthbdaman 
M200 Intervention Sniper model- Skateordie808
Realistic Visual Effects Mod, Jedi Robe Skins- Shem 
Various textures- 90SK
K1 Enchantment Pack assests- SpaceAlex
Wookiee, Echani, Combat Suit skins- redrob41
Dark Jedi Robe texture- Ankh
MedHypo mod- Rtas Vadum
Sith Commander/Manaan Sith Soldier Skins- Dak Drexl
Scout/Scoundrel uniforms- jonathan7 & FoolInTheWave
Force Fashion 2- jonathan7
Sungladdes, Shields, Female Mandalorians- Inyri Forge
Saber Pikes, Laser Swords- DeadMan
Brotherhood of Shadow Assests- Silveredge9
Female republic soldier skin and the HD republic soldier skins- Dark Hope
Republic Helmet- SithSpector 
Revenge of Revan Assets- Logan423, RedRobe41, Paige Lehnert
Various Textures- Whyp
JC2, TheRealDarthRevan- Scripting aid
Sith Stalker- Qui-Gon Glenn, Dak Drexl, redrob41, Marius Fett, Varsity Puppet and j7
JC's Heads Modders Resource- JCarter426
Saeikan's Armors of the Old Republic Textures- Saeikan
Leviathan Differentiated Dialogue- Revanator
K1 Better Twi'lek Heads- Ashton Scorpius
Robes for Korriban Sith Students assests- Shem
JC's Vision Enchantment/JC's Slave Bastila/JC's Supermodel Fix/JC's Head Modders Resource/JC's Republic Soldier Fix- JCarter426
WOTOR weapons- T7Nowhere
Manaan and Korriban Sith Soldier- sELFiNDUCEDcOMA
Drinking Animation- Darth Parametric and Alvar007
Mission skin, Electro/Plasmamesh robe- Effix
Baragwin Ice Armor- MasterWaffle

This mod contains assets ported from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords by Obsidian Entertainment.

Legal:
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/04/2016
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

• Like 2

Sounds VERY nice, but honestly I'd rather use K1R to get the most out of the game

Is there any plan to make it compatible at some point?

My guess is that it actually is compatible with K1R, except for any content K1R might have on the Endar Spire.

Sounds VERY nice, but honestly I'd rather use K1R to get the most out of the game

Is there any plan to make it compatible at some point?

When it's out of the Demo i'l attempt it but no promises since this will be a mod that spans through the whole game.

My guess is that it actually is compatible with K1R, except for any content K1R might have on the Endar Spire.

Well it could be compatible with K1R right now since there arn't very many Endar Spire tweaks but this mod is intended to be played with mods such as Endar Spire overhaul and High-Quality Blasters and other reskins so the game feels "Fresh" and "New" 

• Like 2

When it's out of the Demo i'l attempt it but no promises since this will be a mod that spans through the whole game.

Well it could be compatible with K1R right now since there arn't very many Endar Spire tweaks but this mod is intended to be played with mods such as Endar Spire overhaul and High-Quality Blasters and other reskins so the game feels "Fresh" and "New" 

Reskins don't really affect anything in terms of gameplay, though. So compatibility with those vs. compatibility with a mass restoration/fix mod is a bit of a different ballgame

Reskins don't really affect anything in terms of gameplay, though. So compatibility with those vs. compatibility with a mass restoration/fix mod is a bit of a different ballgame

Doesn't change the fact that since it only affects the Endar Spire, it should be compatible with everything else in K1R.

Doesn't change the fact that since it only affects the Endar Spire, it should be compatible with everything else in K1R.

Well, I'm speaking long term for when this goes beyond demo stage. I'll still give this a shot when I have time

Reskins don't really affect anything in terms of gameplay

So you think the default blaster models are better than the High-Quality Blaster mod if Yes than click this link- 

So compatibility with those vs. compatibility with a mass restoration/fix mod is a bit of a different ballgame

Well K1R isn't like TSLRCM that changed the view of the game or fixed annoying bugs the only thing it really did was fix really minor yet noticeable bugs and added in a Vulkar Sub Level ,Female Dark Side Ending, Pazaak Tournament

and iriaz the other features are kinda redundant like party on sea floor, Insanity difficulty and removing Jolee and Juhani's Robes. Now if you actually played the mod you'll notice how your getting things like Double-bladed swords and Mandalorian Blasters that's because in the default game you will certainly never use Mandalorian Blasters because there useless by the time you actually get them but on the Endar Spire there useful and are worth money that's one reason to download the mod plus the NPC's are more individual so no more really low-resolution faceless people and no more of the Attack of the Clones Virus that has infected K1 and TSL for years.

Plus I will try to make it compatible when it actual NEEDS to be compatible the only restoration on the Endar Spire is Trask's Soundset 

Well by the time the next update comes out anything within Taris won't be compatible either sadly

• Like 1

So you think the default blaster models are better than the High-Quality Blaster mod if Yes than click this link- 

Well K1R isn't like TSLRCM that changed the view of the game or fixed annoying bugs the only thing it really did was fix really minor yet noticeable bugs and added in a Vulkar Sub Level ,Female Dark Side Ending, Pazaak Tournament

and iriaz the other features are kinda redundant like party on sea floor, Insanity difficulty and removing Jolee and Juhani's Robes. Now if you actually played the mod you'll notice how your getting things like Double-bladed swords and Mandalorian Blasters that's because in the default game you will certainly never use Mandalorian Blasters because there useless by the time you actually get them but on the Endar Spire there useful and are worth money that's one reason to download the mod plus the NPC's are more individual so no more really low-resolution faceless people and no more of the Attack of the Clones Virus that has infected K1 and TSL for years.

Plus I will try to make it compatible when it actual NEEDS to be compatible the only restoration on the Endar Spire is Trask's Soundset 

Well by the time the next update comes out anything within Taris won't be compatible either sadly

When did I say default blasters are better? I was merely pointing out that the reskin won't cause a conflict

And it's clear that you haven't really played much of K1R or appreciated what's been restored. They haven't even gotten to the update which will fix a majority of the game's typos and a few other bugs

For the record, Mandalorian Heavy Pistols (dropped by Calo on some planets) are the second best guns in the game. So they're hardly useless once you get them

When did I say default blasters are better? I was merely pointing out that the reskin won't cause a conflict

Well that's why i'd recommend you play this mod and the future versions with reskins because this mod will just add to the feel of playing a "Fresh" Kotor game

I'll still give this a shot when I have time

I recommend you back up your swkotor folder and use one backup for K1R and the other for K1I Demo because in the Next version that covers Taris this mod should be more attractive to download

And it's clear that you haven't really played much of K1R or appreciated what's been restored. They haven't even gotten to the update which will fix a majority of the game's typos and a few other bugs

Well can you list some restorations that are worth having because in my eyes you can live without the restored vulkar sub level

For the record, Mandalorian Heavy Pistols (dropped by Calo on some planets) are the second best guns in the game. So they're hardly useless once you get them

I never said Mandalorian Heavy Pistol I said Mandalorian Blaster Pistol there dropped by the Mandalorians on Kashyyyk and are no where near as good as the Heavy Pistol variant (Mandalorian Heavy Pistols do 6-13 in damage while the Mandalorian Blaster Pistol does 2-7 in damage, Massive difference) (If this makes you download future versions of this mod in my mod you're going to get Mandalorian Heavy Blasters every single planet Calo dies on)

Though please consider the fact that I don't develop K1R so what makes you think I know every bit of restored content and how to make it compatible with this plus if your a modder you would likely use ERF EDIT to make your .mod files but for me ERF EDIT doesn't work on none of my Computers so I used the Kotor Tool Mod Builder which is half of what ERF EDIT can do but it works so even if I did know what I was doing I would likely not be able to do it anyway and on top of that I still need to learn how to change the skills, attributes, feats and appearance 2da files though when the  full mod is done I could attempt it

• Like 1

To be fair, you can survive without the changes made in K1R unlike TSLRCM, I for one will try this mod out once its further developed :D
  • Like 3

To be fair, you can survive without the changes made in K1R unlike TSLRCM, I for one will try this mod out once its further developed :D

Thats my point and thank you for taking interest in this mod

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, did you integrate some of your other fix mods, like the first lightsaber crystal fix and the Female Dark Jedi restoration?

If you don't mind me asking, did you integrate some of your other fix mods, like the first lightsaber crystal fix and the Female Dark Jedi restoration?

Yes, some of them like first lightsaber crystal fix is in this mod though Female Dark Jedi Restoration is not because this mod features an NPC Overhaul and by the end of the mods development I will add more Dark Jedi into the game female, male and brand new

As before this mod is not compatible with K1R.

• Like 1

Is this mod compatible with:

i) Brotherhood of Shadow - Solomon's Revenge
ii) K1 Community Patch
iii) K1 Force Pack v1.0
iv) Party Leveler K1

please?

Thank you, and thank you very much indeed for all your efforts in trying to develop an all-in-one gameplay improvement mod for KOTOR I - very much appreciated!

Have you considered combining your mod with Selphadur's Kotor Texture Redux mod into a single project?  That would create a single all-in-one K1-HD-Textures+Gameplay-Improvement-Mod (K1-HD+GIM), which would be awesome, and so much easier to use than the plethora of separate mods available now.

On 12/16/2019 at 6:41 AM, titus272 said:

Is this mod compatible with:

i) Brotherhood of Shadow - Solomon's Revenge
ii) K1 Community Patch
iii) K1 Force Pack v1.0
iv) Party Leveler K1

please?

Sorry for the late reply.

Brotherhood of Shadow - Solomons Revenge: I'd say it is very unlikely at the moment, I would have to look into this at a later date. The reason why I think this might not work is because I already use texture files from this mod in K1GI meaning you'll find K1GI Republic Jedi Robes and BOSSR Republic Jedi Robes, the same item but with different stats. Plus, some NPCs have been used as well such as the Republic Commando who appears once in BOSSR but appears multiple times across the vanilla galaxy in K1GI.

K1 Community Patch: I wouldn't suspect this would break anything but it 'may' undo a few things in terms of NPCs etc and maybe dialogue. At some point past the Demo stage, I will try and implement as many "Patches" from here as possible.

K1 Force Pack V1.0: I suspect that would work 100% fine, in fact, parts of this could be integrated in the future as the mod author states in his readme that he doesn't mind it being used as long as its credited.

Party Leveler K1: If it uses a TSLPatcher I suspect it is possible that this mod will work flawlessly, if it doesn't work flawlessly I can create a Party Leveler K1GI version as an optional installation.

Thank you, and thank you very much indeed for all your efforts in trying to develop an all-in-one gameplay improvement mod for KOTOR I - very much appreciated!

I'm glad you've enjoyed the mod thus far.

Have you considered combining your mod with Selphadur's Kotor Texture Redux mod into a single project?  That would create a single all-in-one K1-HD-Textures+Gameplay-Improvement-Mod (K1-HD+GIM), which would be awesome, and so much easier to use than the plethora of separate mods available now.

No, mainly because that mod is almost 10 GB in size. Plus, even with that mod installed you'll have vanilla textures in HD with modded textures in the standard resolution (Think about the new Jedi Robe items and alien skins for example)

15 hours ago, DeathScepter said:

I am letting you know that if you use Kotor Force Pack 2.0 will have the said new force abilities  to be duplicated. 

Any bugs with any mods I intend to implement will be corrected. Of course, I have no intention of using every single power in the Force Pack. (Plus, a planned "Force Re-balance" would have to be implemented first before integrating FP 2.0 features)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Randizzle0110 said:

I was wondering if this mod works on android 

This mod does use custom mp3 files for dialogue and music so they'll be silent, but other than that i imagine if u installed this mod alone it'll work like a charm

I'm getting a crash at the tomb of TULAK HORD. Jorak Uln's model is missing and The game crashes to desktop soon after. Dont really have any other mods, certainly nothing that would cause this. How do i troubleshoot?

Probably should have posted this here.?

• Like 1

well If you do everything in N-Drew's Kotor 1 Demo first, you can follow up with Tamerbill's Feat and Force Content Mod then Kotor Force Pack 2.0 afterwords, everything should work fully. yes i had problems earlier. 

It would be cool if N_Drew adds TSL crystals and Quanon/Djh Armors and helmets

10 hours ago, Randizzle0110 said:

Hello I tried installing this on android trask is a jedi but still has human dialogue please help

Strange, can you check your override and check if the file "end_trask01.dlg" exists or any other files with "trask" in it. Also, what mods are you using? It might be a mod conflict.

5 hours ago, DeathScepter said:

I can confirm Like Force Retribution ability Mod is good with this mod

That is good to know 👍

• Like 1