Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ask the Developer of Revenge of Revan....a Question.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#41 Tyvokka

Tyvokka

Jedi Padawan

• Administrators
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:54 AM

Ahem . . . Spoilers, Mical Cloned!

Fixed.

lol I thought Mical Cloned was a spoiler of RoR for a minute....

#42 Guest_hkmandalore47_*

Guest_hkmandalore47_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

ugh, like one mical wasnt enough. it is painful to see how he doesnt make a move on teh (sexy) girl exile.

anyway, i know i asked logan already but i never got a response, so: are you gonna put something that indicates the species on the character selection screen?

#43 gua543

gua543

Jedi Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationBulgaria (East Europe, for those that are unaware of our existence)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

Now that both The Old Republic and the Revan novel are out, is there something you must undo in the storyline of the mod so that it doesn't change the SW canon lore?

Oh look, I'm a jedi apprentice! Wort, wort, wort!
Update 1: Omg, omg, omg, omg, imma a padawan!!!

Update 2: Finally graduated from the padawan class and into the knight one!

#44 Plasticcaz

Plasticcaz

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKamino... I think...

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hey Logan,

I understand that things rarely work out as planned with small mod teams, but last I heard, you were planning on releasing another patch fall/winter of last year right? (I'm assuming you live in the Northern Hemisphere.)

Obviously somethings happened, and I understand, but is there a new ETO for the next patch?

Thanks... :cool:
Plasticcaz (used to go by Plastic)
My Gaming Twitter

There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense. - Kreia KOTOR2

#45 Logan23

Logan23

Jedi Knight

• RoR Staff
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I understand that things rarely work out as planned with small mod teams, but last I heard, you were planning on releasing another patch fall/winter of last year right? (I'm assuming you live in the Northern Hemisphere.)

Obviously somethings happened, and I understand, but is there a new ETO for the next patch?

You are correct that the original plan was to get it out earlier but due to my job grabbing up a good deal of my time that got pushed back.

I also came across some possible issues that could hurt the pipe line for the mod's production. I didn't want to get into a bind so I took some time to work on re-structuring the work pipe line for the project. The reason is- I plan to expand the team. I have already talked to some people with joining the team with writing/quest/ dialogue creating but also notice the Design Document for the mod needed to be updated to allow new team members an easy time to adjust.

I have already fixed many issues in the Demo (Beta) and I still have a few more tweaks to make.
VOs will be coming but right now I need to get everything lined up so it will make things easier for the writers and actors.

I will have a better idea on ETA for the Patch once I see the new system is working.
This is a new system for building a large mod like this without becoming over whelmed for the team and myself. This is a very big mod and the ACT1(first half of the game is going to be about around 8 or more hours of game play.

Thanks for the support!

Logan

#46 Plasticcaz

Plasticcaz

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKamino... I think...

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, I figured something like that happened.

Keep it up :)
Plasticcaz (used to go by Plastic)
My Gaming Twitter

There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense. - Kreia KOTOR2

#47 Duskye

Duskye

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

So, is there any updates you can give us? I'm really excited about this mod, I've played KOTOR 1 and 2 to death, infact I'm on my 3rd playthrough of KOTOR 2 :P/

#48 Logan23

Logan23

Jedi Knight

• RoR Staff
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Right now I have been building more detailed documentation of the Story Bible for RoR to allow new writers to come on board.

This is actually a long process and needs a good deal of detail since the individuals who will be working on the dialogue to quest writing will be not in the same room as me, plus I want to make sure all the background details are there so they feel comfortable and confident with the writing process.

Once this the Story bible and rest of the Docs are all looked and and approved to give all the info that the writers need then you will see a increase in content updates and development.

Thanks for the Support! =)

#49 Yobo

Yobo

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Couple of questions:

1) Are you recruiting any more writers?

2) I noticed that you have more recruitable characters than the available 10 character party member slots. Have you managed to increase this number above 10? Or will players have to be selective as to who they recruit?

#50 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationMaryland (Nar Shaddaa East)

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

I noticed that you have more recruitable characters than the available 10 character party member slots. Have you managed to increase this number above 10? Or will players have to be selective as to who they recruit?

Without spoiling anything, it leans more towards "be selective as to you can recruit" option.
Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods.

#51 Yobo

Yobo

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Without spoiling anything, it leans more towards "be selective as to you can recruit" option.

Would I be correct in saying that it has something to do with your character's alignment? ;-)

#52 The Eradicator

The Eradicator

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

I just installed the Revenge of Revan mod and started playing it a bit today. What mod's are compatible with Revenge of Revan? Are armor, force powers, upgrade bench, Lightsaber, melee, gun, skins, and feat mods compatible?

#53 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationMaryland (Nar Shaddaa East)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

You do know it is only a demo, right? Logan plans to include a lot of things in the full version that will likely be incompatible.
Release dates are for those that don't care about quality in mods.

#54 The Eradicator

The Eradicator

Jedi Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

You do know it is only a demo, right? Logan plans to include a lot of things in the full version that will likely be incompatible.

I know it's a demo and so was the Jedi Masters 2.0 mod which I played and I asked the maker of that mod the same thing. He said for that mod they would work and they did when I installed them.

#55 Cloot

Cloot

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Do you have any plans to use characters from the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comics in the game?

#56 Logan23

Logan23

Jedi Knight

• RoR Staff
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

I just installed the Revenge of Revan mod and started playing it a bit today. What mod's are compatible with Revenge of Revan? Are armor, force powers, upgrade bench, Lightsaber, melee, gun, skins, and feat mods compatible?

With the Demo, skins and items like that should work fine but in the Demo- there are no merchants plus the level you get in the game might not unlock that force power which you wish to bring in.

As for RoR, I'm unsure how many mods will be compatible since there are many new features as well as the Force Power Leveling up is getting tweaked to allow for more fluent progression.

Ideally, you could bring in skins and mods for blasters, armor but not lightsabers without replacing one of the existing ones since there is a new Light saber progression system which wouldn't work with dropping in a lightsaber mod. Once we are in Beta Testing then we can have a person try to test some mods and see what happens.

RoR is basically a new game with it's own systems along with some of the kotor2 vanilla ones.

Do you have any plans to use characters from the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comics in the game?

Good question,

We don't have any characters from the comics but there might be a fraction or two mentioned who are from the Kotor comics.

The reason to not bring these in since it would be easy for them to make a comic and then have it conflict with canon. 

But there can always be a mention of a name here or there if it fits.

#57 Darth_Delator

Darth_Delator

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

From interview with Chriss Avellone (http://www.kotaku.co...chris-avellone/ Sharen Thrawn's question) we can learn what the True Sith were intended to be in cancelled KotOR 3. Question is, will this idea be used in the RoR?

Thank you :D

Monumentality builds us! Saving downpour's our blood!

#58 KotorHDTVchannel

KotorHDTVchannel

Jedi Padawan

• M478_Staff
  • 116 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

I don't understand something: Are "Revenge of Revan" and "The Jedi Masters" 2 different mods? And what's the status on each of them? Are those 2 still demos until the full versions will be downloadable?

I LOVE walkthroughs! I HEAR walkthroughs! I WATCH walkthroughs! I READ walkthroughs! I RATE walkthroughs! I DO walkthroughs!

#59 Fenrir

Fenrir

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Can I help doing something lesser :D

I am pretty skilled in Photoshop ( editing not creating :/ )... And... ... Well.. that is it.

But I have been voice acting for some stuff in the past... Dunno if it's released... But a Black Marsh mod for Oblivion.

Numerous school projects ( i am in media school so I am forced to do it ^^ )

Cause if you would have me I would be more then happy to help in anyway I can... And seeing how I suck at modding... Well that is it for my vastly large scale of skills, i guess.

And if no (which is what I am expecting)

Then i got a more game related thing.

Jedi/Dark Jedi Robes

Will they look like in Kotor 1? (ugh i hate K1 robes) or Kotor 2? (which i love)

OR Will you do something more unique? Or customization even?

#60 Lightfollower

Lightfollower

Jedi Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Can I help doing something lesser :D

I am pretty skilled in Photoshop ( editing not creating :/ )... And... ... Well.. that is it.

But I have been voice acting for some stuff in the past... Dunno if it's released... But a Black Marsh mod for Oblivion.

Numerous school projects ( i am in media school so I am forced to do it ^^ )

Then i got a more game related thing.

Jedi/Dark Jedi Robes

Will they look like in Kotor 1? (ugh i hate K1 robes) or Kotor 2? (which i love)

OR Will you do something more unique? Or customization even?

For the robes they are custom or KOTOR 2 since it is using the KOTOR 2 engine graphics, etc.  There are also some sweet custom robes, from the look of the demo, which I played. Also I am a fairly good writer so if you want another writer on board feel free to ask. Up to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users