Logan23

Ask the Developer of Revenge of Revan....a Question.

Without spoiling anything, it leans more towards "be selective as to you can recruit" option.

Would I be correct in saying that it has something to do with your character's alignment? ;-)

I just installed the Revenge of Revan mod and started playing it a bit today. What mod's are compatible with Revenge of Revan? Are armor, force powers, upgrade bench, Lightsaber, melee, gun, skins, and feat mods compatible?

You do know it is only a demo, right? Logan plans to include a lot of things in the full version that will likely be incompatible.

You do know it is only a demo, right? Logan plans to include a lot of things in the full version that will likely be incompatible.

I know it's a demo and so was the Jedi Masters 2.0 mod which I played and I asked the maker of that mod the same thing. He said for that mod they would work and they did when I installed them.

Do you have any plans to use characters from the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comics in the game?

I just installed the Revenge of Revan mod and started playing it a bit today. What mod's are compatible with Revenge of Revan? Are armor, force powers, upgrade bench, Lightsaber, melee, gun, skins, and feat mods compatible?

With the Demo, skins and items like that should work fine but in the Demo- there are no merchants plus the level you get in the game might not unlock that force power which you wish to bring in.

As for RoR, I'm unsure how many mods will be compatible since there are many new features as well as the Force Power Leveling up is getting tweaked to allow for more fluent progression.

Ideally, you could bring in skins and mods for blasters, armor but not lightsabers without replacing one of the existing ones since there is a new Light saber progression system which wouldn't work with dropping in a lightsaber mod. Once we are in Beta Testing then we can have a person try to test some mods and see what happens.

RoR is basically a new game with it's own systems along with some of the kotor2 vanilla ones.

Do you have any plans to use characters from the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic comics in the game?

Good question,

We don't have any characters from the comics but there might be a fraction or two mentioned who are from the Kotor comics.

The reason to not bring these in since it would be easy for them to make a comic and then have it conflict with canon. 

But there can always be a mention of a name here or there if it fits.

I don't understand something: Are "Revenge of Revan" and "The Jedi Masters" 2 different mods? And what's the status on each of them? Are those 2 still demos until the full versions will be downloadable?

Can I help doing something lesser :D

I am pretty skilled in Photoshop ( editing not creating :/ )... And... ... Well.. that is it.

But I have been voice acting for some stuff in the past... Dunno if it's released... But a Black Marsh mod for Oblivion.

Numerous school projects ( i am in media school so I am forced to do it ^^ )

Cause if you would have me I would be more then happy to help in anyway I can... And seeing how I suck at modding... Well that is it for my vastly large scale of skills, i guess.

And if no (which is what I am expecting)

Then i got a more game related thing.

Jedi/Dark Jedi Robes

Will they look like in Kotor 1? (ugh i hate K1 robes) or Kotor 2? (which i love)

OR Will you do something more unique? Or customization even?

Guest Lightfollower

Can I help doing something lesser :D

I am pretty skilled in Photoshop ( editing not creating :/ )... And... ... Well.. that is it.

But I have been voice acting for some stuff in the past... Dunno if it's released... But a Black Marsh mod for Oblivion.

Numerous school projects ( i am in media school so I am forced to do it ^^ )

Then i got a more game related thing.

Jedi/Dark Jedi Robes

Will they look like in Kotor 1? (ugh i hate K1 robes) or Kotor 2? (which i love)

OR Will you do something more unique? Or customization even?

For the robes they are custom or KOTOR 2 since it is using the KOTOR 2 engine graphics, etc.  There are also some sweet custom robes, from the look of the demo, which I played. Also I am a fairly good writer so if you want another writer on board feel free to ask. Up to you.

First of all, i really liked the voice acting.

The exile and revan will appear in the game? If yes, then how will you handle their personality?

The Exile and Revan will appear in the game? If yes, then how will you handle their personality?

It would be a sad game if a mod named "Revenge of Revan" didn't include Revan. ;) Both Revan and the Exile make appearances in the mod.

Do you remember how you chose Revan's gender and alignment in TSL? Something similar will happen in Revenge of Revan.

Guest Lightfollower

It would be a sad game if a mod named "Revenge of Revan" didn't include Revan. ;) Both Revan and the Exile make appearances in the mod.

Do you remember how you chose Revan's gender and alignment in TSL? Something similar will happen in Revenge of Revan.

Yeah it is one of the first things you do, if things stay true to the demo, which of course there is always room for improvement.

First of all, i really liked the voice acting.

The exile and revan will appear in the game? If yes, then how will you handle their personality?

Thanks, i'm glad you liked the VO.

As SH mentioned it would be a shame if the Exile and Revan didn't make it into the game.

Both are in the game.

As for handling their personality, the choice of LS/DS kotor1/2 endings is one spot where we can add some diversity in their dialogue/tone.

The scenes with these two characters are probably going to go through the most re writes and testing to make sure they give the presence of the Revan/Exile we have learned to know.  The balance comes in giving enough detail on these characters yet also allowing the freedom of players to fill in gaps with their player experience playing as those character in kotor 1/2. 

Unless he's actually saying that Logan does not care about the quality of RoR... :shock: :evil:

Hmmmm...(squints eyes)...would know how to answer, if I knew what "Quality" means,....hmmmm  :on2long:

I move for a vote of No Confidence in modder/moderator Sith Holocron!

:D :D :D

I sense no evil from him. Rather that he will bring peace and balance to the repub .. community. ;)

Seriously though, I am glad to hear that you (Logan 23) are working on Revan and the Exile to sound authentic.

(Now hopefully you can rescue Revan from the pit of despair that was his endstory according to that [dreck of a novel])

I will definitely be on the lookout for when this mod is released, and give it a try. 

I am on the ROR team so one would think I'm not bashing the quality of the mod.

This is correct, Sith Holocron is a member of the RoR team.

He will be working with me on production milestones and keeping the work moving forward in a constructive efficient manner.

There might be other areas he will be working on but will just leave you guys with this info for now. 

Will this mod have unique modules or will it just be reskins from KotOR2's areas?

Right now we have reskin modules and possibly one new module but need to see it working in game before i can fully confirm on this one. 

I sense no evil from him. Rather that he will bring peace and balance to the repub .. community. ;)

Seriously though, I am glad to hear that you (Logan 23) are working on Revan and the Exile to sound authentic.

(Now hopefully you can rescue Revan from the pit of despair that was his endstory according to that [dreck of a novel])

I will definitely be on the lookout for when this mod is released, and give it a try. 

Thanks!

There will actually be two versions of the story to deal with the Revan Book. Both stories fit and connect to the Old Republic MMO's story.

One is built on strictly adhering to the Revan Book and the other is my story design which makes a tweak or two but in the end it fits nicely with the MMO. This allows players to determine do they want a strict canon feel or something with some extra creativity   :ninja:

The two stories are very close to each other just with some changes here and there.