Jorak Uln

Kotor 2 Texture Overhaul (TSL Origins)

Dejarik would be rather hard unless you obsessively watched the footage from Ep. 4. Dejarik is a surprisingly-forgotten game and to this day, actually has never had rules posted.

Actually, there are rules available and they might even be official. I think they are from a mini dejarik table that once was available but I'm not sure about that Part. The rules do exist though.

That is incredible work! I can't wait to give this a permanent spot in my override

thanks, man! it took me quite a few tries to get it ....

im also totally exited how the new skybox will turn out..

thanks, man! it took me quite a few tries to get it ....

im also totally exited how the new skybox will turn out..

Slowly but surely its getting there. Will try to update as soon as I get a good working copy.

as the skybox still in the making, i have time to polish the mod further - cantina area is still one of the critical:

what do you think - also of the fire texture?

I also would like to edit the table to some dejarik/chess style, but not sure about it yet; also there is not much space to add holo - dancers... 

The animations really spice it up! Great job, Jorak! My favorite is the Placeholder ads when you're walking in :P

That said, I just realized now that this doesn't look particularly lively - the patrons aren't really doing much :/

Not your fault, though it does reveal the need for a potential mod

The animations really spice it up! Great job, Jorak! My favorite is the Placeholder ads when you're walking in :P

That said, I just realized now that this doesn't look particularly lively - the patrons aren't really doing much :/

Not your fault, though it does reveal the need for a potential mod

Believe me, there are even more Placeholders ads ...

Potential mod sounds cool!

Btw, what about a new jukebox mod? you know, where you can select some new audiotracks? 

I believe Talchias Arena for Kotor 1 had this feature:

http://download.cnet.com/Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-KOTOR-Arena-Map/3000-7536_4-10267295.html?tag=rb_content;main

Jukebox mod... hmmmm. I'd only do that if:

1) You don't include any music but explain in easy to understand terms how folks can include their own music.

2) You make it a separate mod.

Love the fire, really enhances the atmosphere. Like other, I always thought that this cantina was particularly drab - especially in comparison to the one on Iziz.

Very nice fire effect!

The overall color tone of the place seems a little drab though. And do I see a plan with blue leaves? :D

I noticed how you seem to tend to a monochromatic look. Am I wrong?

In this cantina it seems to tend to be red....?

Very nice fire effect!

The overall color tone of the place seems a little drab though. And do I see a plan with blue leaves? :D

I noticed how you seem to tend to a monochromatic look. Am I wrong?

In this cantina it seems to tend to be red....?

Well the vanilla cantina is very red:

as Vp said, some mod that changes the behavior of those guys would add tons to immersion....

i tried out the dejarik idea on the tables, as well as new drinks and other things:

I think I can work on a mod that changes the stock behavior of the NPCs. You're talking about the regular Nar Shaddaa cantina, right?

I don't know if the room's NPCs should be changed. I thought that was supposed to be a part of the atmosphere. Compare and contrast Nar Shaddaa's cantina with Onderon's. The one on Onderon is a lot more lively, people are standing everywhere, it's crowded and cramped and everyone looks like they're enjoying themselves to an extent (with the exception of the Beast Riders, I guess). Nar Shaddaa's cantina on the other hand shows how everyone's keeping to themselves and generally dislikes any new company. Don't the aliens keep saying things like "Smooth Skins shouldn't walk free..." and "Space off"? I felt the bar was setup perfectly fine to reflect just how depressing this planet was in comparison to the other ones. People aren't going here to have a good time, their going here to get wasted on Juma Juice, overdose on spice and discuss business in a secret and quiet environment. Even the bartender acts like he hates his job. I don't imagine that this place was intended to be really lively at all.

That's just my take on it, at least. I'm curious to see any disagreements.

I think I can work on a mod that changes the stock behavior of the NPCs. You're talking about the regular Nar Shaddaa cantina, right?

About stock cantina - Yes. My mod only changes textures and adds some models.

That means there are changes to 301.mod, 302.mod 303.mod and 306.mod and placeables.2da.

EDIT:

@Mephiles:

But i think the world design in TSL is generally much worse than Kotor 1,

just look at Taris - it feels much more lively...

I feel if someone could add more peoole running around at Nar Shaddaa and more unpredictable encounters like being robbed and you have to catch the thief and some fights here and there - would immensely add life to that place;

or some crying women in the refugee sec...

• Like 1

The Dejarik tables look really weird. I think it's simply that they're too big.

In vanilla (and in real life), tables of that size are used for groups of people sitting together and enjoying a drink, some food and maybe some Sabacc while a Dejarik table is basically only for two people and thus is much smaller. So I'd really not go with that idea, or if you really want to, make the Dejarik field smaller than the table itself so that it's only in the middle while the outer part can be used for other things.

I don't know if the room's NPCs should be changed. I thought that was supposed to be a part of the atmosphere. Compare and contrast Nar Shaddaa's cantina with Onderon's. The one on Onderon is a lot more lively, people are standing everywhere, it's crowded and cramped and everyone looks like they're enjoying themselves to an extent (with the exception of the Beast Riders, I guess). Nar Shaddaa's cantina on the other hand shows how everyone's keeping to themselves and generally dislikes any new company. Don't the aliens keep saying things like "Smooth Skins shouldn't walk free..." and "Space off"? I felt the bar was setup perfectly fine to reflect just how depressing this planet was in comparison to the other ones. People aren't going here to have a good time, their going here to get wasted on Juma Juice, overdose on spice and discuss business in a secret and quiet environment. Even the bartender acts like he hates his job. I don't imagine that this place was intended to be really lively at all.

That's just my take on it, at least. I'm curious to see any disagreements.

I agree that Nar Shadaa wouldn't match the same atmosphere as Onderon, but it could still use some improvement. For example, each table seems to have only two NPCs, which to me feels like the level designers just added placeables that happen[i/] to have people at them.

Even if the cantina is isolationist, I would imagine you could have four or five aliens standing around a [dejaarik] table to give that " dive bar" feeling. Plus, as a place gets bleaker, the more people stick together; both for camaraderie and to look for a way to take advantage of the others. ;)

I do agree that there would be very few walking or standing around as on Onderon. My take would be clustered groups on the more lively tables.

@Kexikus:

thinking about it you right - the tables are way to big.

But to my defense i might add, that the dejarik tables had an immediate impact ingame - it felt more like Star Wars...

but of course i can try to make that field a bit smaller, not sure it will end up though, since the vanilla tex is pretty messed up...

btw. what dou you think of the fire?

i thought the vanilla design is way too boring...

sry for doublepost!

@Malkior: Crowded around the table?

sounds good!

Squall Lionhard: wow, is it Christmas already?

I'll work on the mod to liven up the regular cantina. The Jekk'Jekk Tarr is where the aliens hang out, so I'd think that the humans would band together a bit in the other one. Might be worth moving the Trandoshans you can sneak up on to the other cantina.

I can put some drunk patrons by the bar and maybe some laughing or otherwise entertained patrons by wherever Jorak intends to put his Twi'lek holos. If this works I could do a full TSL cantina revamp.

@Kexikus:

thinking about it you right - the tables are way to big.

But to my defense i might add, that the dejarik tables had an immediate impact ingame - it felt more like Star Wars...

but of course i can try to make that field a bit smaller, not sure it will end up though, since the vanilla tex is pretty messed up...

btw. what dou you think of the fire?

i thought the vanilla design is way too boring...

Good luck with the texture.

The fire looks great :D Although I have to admitt it's not really typical Star Wars stuff. But I don't mind a new touch on Star Wars holographic decorations so it's fine.

Personally, I like the idea of new drinks on the tables but not the way the Dejarik tables look (and I do not think it is just a matter of size...).

Also, the blue leaves of the plants are a punch in the eye and they become almost comical in their resemblance of Twi'lek headtails in one of the above attached pictures. My suggestion is to swap those plants with the green leaves model (which is a nice contrast too in the otherwise drab colored cantina interiors).

post-8946-0-17045000-1469269040_thumb.jpg

Personally, I like the idea of new drinks on the tables but not the way the Dejarik tables look (and I do not think it is just a matter of size...).

Also, the blue leaves of the plants are a punch in the eye and they become almost comical in their resemblance of Twi'lek headtails in one of the above attached pictures. My suggestion is to swap those plants with the green leaves model (which is a nice contrast too in the otherwise drab colored cantina interiors).

attachicon.gifpost-11673-0-45762400-1469221198.jpg

Ah, the blue leaves - dont worry, thats not a finished texture - its comparable when you paint a tex completely red color and its for testing purpose only ..

About the tables - they are completely messed up -> e.g. if i assign a texture the proportions are displayed awkwardly - so its difficult to retexture them at all.

But its good that you guys remind me also with a critical eye whats needs my attention.

Do you guys have further suggestions, what can be done to push the visual further?