#121 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

So going off of your last post, Lucy, you did try renaming the Override folder, correct? Short of that, I might also rename the 352NAR.mod file to something different like "352NA.mod" as a temporary thing and then load a save from before going to Nar Shaddaa.

Besides this, have you tried adding "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" and/or "DisableVertexBufferObjects=1" to the [Graphics Options] section of your swkotor2.ini file?

Renaming the module didn't work. 

However, renaming the Override folder did- so it's definitely something in it. 

I don't know what though. 

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#122 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Justicar

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 480 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

That's why I suggested the binary search approach. You said you tried that? And what happened, couldn't you isolate which half of the mods the problem's in, etc.?

#123 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

That's why I suggested the binary search approach. You said you tried that? And what happened, couldn't you isolate which half of the mods the problem's in, etc.?

Binary search approach? 

#124 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Justicar

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 480 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

What I'd try is to remove all the mods (or just backup the Kotor 2 folder by renaming it, and reinstall the game+TSLRCM cleanly), see if the game still crashes on that save. If it doesn't, then add half the mods, check if it crashes, then add/subtract 1/4 of the mods etc so in 4-5 steps like that you'll know which mod does it.

Much quicker and more convenient than adding 1 mod a time.

#125 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Okay, so I let it go again and let it run through all the dialogue and cutscene without skipping anything, it seemed to load in the environment and characters fine although they weren't moving, not even idle animations and Goto was sitting at the other side of the room where he starts but didn't move- I think this is probably something to do with scripting no? 

#126 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

@Lucy, it could potentially be anything from a .mdl file to a .tga, .txi, .dlg, or .ncs file (or even just the appearance.2da file). At this point, your best bet would probably be to trying removing those types of files from the Override folder (just one group at a time) and trying the scene again. If one group doesn't change the outcome, throw it back in and take out the next group of files.

Though, for the .2da group, it'd probably just be the appearance.2da file.

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#127 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

@Lucy, it could potentially be anything from a .mdl file to a .tga, .txi, .dlg, or .ncs file (or even just the appearance.2da file). At this point, your best bet would probably be to trying removing those types of files from the Override folder (just one group at a time) and trying the scene again. If one group doesn't change the outcome, throw it back in and take out the next group of files.

Though, for the .2da group, it'd probably just be the appearance.2da file.

I'll try the appearance 2DA first then, then the rest- thanks anyway. (:

I'll update you when I find out the problem. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users