#121 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

So going off of your last post, Lucy, you did try renaming the Override folder, correct? Short of that, I might also rename the 352NAR.mod file to something different like "352NA.mod" as a temporary thing and then load a save from before going to Nar Shaddaa.

Besides this, have you tried adding "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" and/or "DisableVertexBufferObjects=1" to the [Graphics Options] section of your swkotor2.ini file?

Renaming the module didn't work. 

However, renaming the Override folder did- so it's definitely something in it. 

I don't know what though. 

One will make the choice- all will make the journey.

#122 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Justicar

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 492 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

That's why I suggested the binary search approach. You said you tried that? And what happened, couldn't you isolate which half of the mods the problem's in, etc.?

#123 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

That's why I suggested the binary search approach. You said you tried that? And what happened, couldn't you isolate which half of the mods the problem's in, etc.?

Binary search approach? 

#124 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Justicar

• TSLRCM Crew
  • 492 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

What I'd try is to remove all the mods (or just backup the Kotor 2 folder by renaming it, and reinstall the game+TSLRCM cleanly), see if the game still crashes on that save. If it doesn't, then add half the mods, check if it crashes, then add/subtract 1/4 of the mods etc so in 4-5 steps like that you'll know which mod does it.

Much quicker and more convenient than adding 1 mod a time.

#125 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Okay, so I let it go again and let it run through all the dialogue and cutscene without skipping anything, it seemed to load in the environment and characters fine although they weren't moving, not even idle animations and Goto was sitting at the other side of the room where he starts but didn't move- I think this is probably something to do with scripting no? 

#126 Fair Strides

Fair Strides

Aurora Engine Operator

• Administrators
  • 2,244 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

@Lucy, it could potentially be anything from a .mdl file to a .tga, .txi, .dlg, or .ncs file (or even just the appearance.2da file). At this point, your best bet would probably be to trying removing those types of files from the Override folder (just one group at a time) and trying the scene again. If one group doesn't change the outcome, throw it back in and take out the next group of files.

Though, for the .2da group, it'd probably just be the appearance.2da file.

(By the way, if you ever want to ask about one of the quotes, feel free to send me a PM)

My personal, made-up quote: "To know is good, but to act is better."

"Words are just words, thoughts thoughts, but actions...actions are progress." - Fair Strides

"Intelligence and respect are all it takes to get along fine. Not a bad trade off, huh?" - EwigD from GameFaqs

"And regarding butchering the language, I have been to the internet. The language is well butchered regularly." - Malkior

"You can either live with the lies or die with the truth. Who would rather lie to live than die for telling the truth?" - Fair Strides

#127 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

@Lucy, it could potentially be anything from a .mdl file to a .tga, .txi, .dlg, or .ncs file (or even just the appearance.2da file). At this point, your best bet would probably be to trying removing those types of files from the Override folder (just one group at a time) and trying the scene again. If one group doesn't change the outcome, throw it back in and take out the next group of files.

I'll try the appearance 2DA first then, then the rest- thanks anyway. (:

I'll update you when I find out the problem. 

#128 tabaskoturtle

tabaskoturtle

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

1) When did the problem begin to occur?
After killing the remaining jedi council. (Vrook and Zez-Kai Ell)

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?
Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
4CD

4)Did you update your game as required by your game's region?
Yes, with the patch installed.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
Fresh installation.

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
M4-78
TSL Loot and Immersion- http://deadlystream....n-upgrade-207b/
TSL Playable Heads http://deadlystream....humans-for-tsl/
TSL DRHM http://deadlystream....-hilt-megapack/
High level force powers: http://deadlystream....l-force-powers/
Invisible Headgear.

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
After killing the remaining jedi council members (Dark Side, Female). Kreia does not initially apear for her first dialog option, then she apears for the remaining of her lecture, and then disapear again for her exit. After the cut scene with the members of the Ebon Hawk, I am stuck in the council chamber with the doors locked.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
Yes. I orginally had the extended enclave installed and attempted to restore back-ups, but it did not fix the problem.  A fresh instal did not fix the problem either. 

11) Have you tried using a different save game?
Yes. For both installs.

12) Have you tried starting a new game?
No.

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows 10

#129 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationKodiak, AK (Hoth)

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:09 AM

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
M4-78

Please provide more detail for this one . . .

Are you referring to the M4-78 Enhancement Project?
1) If not, provide a link.
2) If so, where exactly did you acquire it, when was that, and what edition number is listed for the mod in the read-me?

My Current Project: Remaking the KotOR2 Loading ScreensThe initial post consistently updated to provide the most current information.

#130 tabaskoturtle

tabaskoturtle

Jedi Initiate

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:35 AM

So sorry! It was the M4-78 Enhancement Project (version: 1.2). Downloaded within the last month or so from here: http://www.moddb.com...m4-78ep-patched

#131 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:37 AM

That information maybe helpful.  Let's see what the consensus on the forums are about your issue.  Please patient while folks read up about the above.

My Current Project: Remaking the KotOR2 Loading ScreensThe initial post consistently updated to provide the most current information.

#132 cerberusiv

cerberusiv

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

Don't remember this from previous playthroughs.  Not sure if it has been raised before.

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur? (List a general description of the issue.)

On the Ravager I encountered Colonel Tobin but I sided with General Vaklu on Onderon.

Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, or the KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (Update is required for 4-CD version only. If using a Steam, KOTOR Collection, or GOG version, put down "N/A")

N/A.

5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

N/A.

6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

N/A.

7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Steam workshop - TSLRCM, M4-78 and workbench crystal attunement B.

Others - Deadman's cyber swords and quarterstaff mods, Vao armband drop, Sith troopers to assassins.

I have used all these for a while without any issues.

The two new mods I am using are:-

High quality blasters - http://deadlystream....ality-blasters/

Armoured robes -   http://deadlystream....l-shey-armors/ 

8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen? (List a detailed description of the issue.)

I sided with Vaklu on Onderon.  Tobin was killed by the Drexel Larva outside the throne room.  The scene where Kreia resurrects Tobin and sends him to Nihilus did not happen (it shouldn't unless you side with Talia).  Yet Tobin turns up on the Ravager.  It just doesn't fit.

9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

N/A.

10) Have you tried using a different save game?

No.

11) Have you tried starting a new game?

No.

12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.) If you're a Mac user, please note that here as well.

Win 10 64 bit.

This actually raises another point.  If you side with Talia then Kreia has to go to Onderon for the dialogue before Vaklu's execution and the scene with Tobin.  But if you side with Vaklu, Kreia to Onderon isn't necessary (at least I don't recall her saying anything in the throne room) - but you are forced to take her.  I seem to remember there is a mod for this but I try not to have a lot of mods.

#133 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:57 AM

Ugh this is a mess. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I still can't understand this error- & I've been trying to figure this out for more than a month. 

Would you be willing to perhaps, go through my files? Test it with a Nar Shaddaa save yourself, this is becoming beyond infuriating and I don't know what else to do. 

#134 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

Fixed it, all is back up. 

#135 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

Fixed it, all is back up.

What needed fixing? Post the solution.

#136 LucyTheAlien

LucyTheAlien

Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

What needed fixing? Post the solution.

Not sure exactly but it was a bad texture from one of XarWars Mods causing a Crash in Goto's Yacht. 

It was one of his paid mods, Nar Shaddaa and since his website is down you can't get it anymore. I actually really like most of that texture pack- just it was arranged badly in most cases. 

But it's not so surprising really. 

#137 Squall Lionhart

Squall Lionhart

SeeD Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

Not sure exactly but it was a bad texture from one of XarWars Mods causing a Crash in Goto's Yacht. 

It was one of his paid mods, Nar Shaddaa and since his website is down you can't get it anymore. I actually really like most of that texture pack- just it was arranged badly in most cases. 

But it's not so surprising really. 

I had something similar to that. I was testing Jorak Uln's texture mod for Nar Shaddaa and because one texture was missing, my game crashed. Gotta love missing textures.

Check out my locker for all your retexture requests. 

#138 SalaciousCrumb

SalaciousCrumb

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

1) When did the problem begin to occur?
During my latest playthrough, though I haven't played the game in quite a while.

Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
Aspyr's updated version.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?
Yes.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
I performed a fresh installation.

TSL Backdrop Improvements 1.3 (I'm using a previous version in my playthrough)

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
I'm doing a DS playthrough and I picked Atton to lead the party into Freedon Nadd's tomb. Even though I make him give into the Dark Side in both Dark Side energy spots, his alignment goes in the opposite direction. This also happens during the conversation with the Sith performing the ritual.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
No.

11) Have you tried using a different save game?
Yes.

12) Have you tried starting a new game?
No.

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

#139 Sith Holocron

Sith Holocron

M4-78

• Administrators
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Got this message on Reddit . . .

. . .  the new installer actually removes the ability to select install path? Well anyway the old version wasn't "bad," it's just an internal mod squabble. I doubt the install and move was the problem, but it's annoying that it's being done this way.
/u/Sith_Holocron were you aware of this? The mod being back up on DS is better than nothing, but this still does [nothing] for me. I'll have to link the ModDB version in the future so users with different install paths can still utilize the mod.

Zbyl, what would you like to tell him about the installer?

#140 Snigaroo

Snigaroo

Jedi Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

The message Sith Holocron has posted was mine, and I'd like to second it. It's not a critical concern that the installer doesn't presently allow you to select a specific installation folder since I can still link to the ModDB version for the builds, but many users prefer to get the mod from deadlystream, and I'm certain this is going to cause problems in the future. There's already been one case of a potential problem being caused by it already, when a user had the mod installed to a ghost LucasArts directory rather than their proper steamapps directory.

Moderator of /r/kotor.

The /r/kotor Mod Builds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users