Seikan

Seikan's Armors of the Old Republic Revival

Hello everyone, I'm an old modder from the lucasforums/ kotorfiles era, and a certain person directed me here, so I decided to make a little come-back before i leave abroad for my studies and update one of my old mods which had rather horrible textures into something more polished, so I'll be posting my progress here, in the meanwhile I'll post the old screens so you have an idea of what I'm talking about.

post-10880-0-09252900-1465660297_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-19207100-1465660298_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-57092500-1465660298_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-17147000-1465660301_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-32073100-1465660304_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-83792200-1465660306_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-46909400-1465660307_thumb.jpg

For now I only plan on updating the textures, and maybe an extra tweaking, I will update as soon as i've got something conclusive done :D

• Like 1

Welcome to Deadly Stream, Seikan!

Your mod would definitely be welcome here. I have a few suggestions which have less to do with the armors than the packaging and uploading of them.

1) In the mod's read-me and the description you'll provide for them mod, could you put it down as version "1.1" to indicate that the contents are changed from the original?

2) Continuing on with the description, could you explain in it what was changed from the original?

3) Side-note: As the original version from FileFront was recently posted on NexusMods, you might want to update that version as well. (At the very least, you'll want to get your ownership back as it is currently listed as "GameFront Archiver.")

4) Have any other mods of yours from the old days that you'd like to update - they'd also be welcomed here.  (Again, check to see if NexusMods have already uploaded them over there.)

Well, little update:

1) Revan's armor completely redone to actually look like Revan's armor.

2) Small update on Tulak Hord's armor (might still change it a little)

3) Tulak Hord's mask redone thanks to the model upgrade by xander2077, so globally smoother horns, and a new more detailed texture.

post-10880-0-90441400-1465782237_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-90285000-1465782245_thumb.jpg

And also I wanted to ask if anybody remembers where does the white Revan mask from the first screenshot of my first post comes from, I lost all my KotOR files a while ago (along with some personal mods, like the handmaiden underwear redone to something that doesn't traumatizes me every time she strips for training, or some extra armors :( ) and I can't manage to remember where I got it from to begin with.

PS: Does anybody know how to get decent screenshots from the game? The normal way has a horrible quality...

I think there is a Revan's mask somewhere, but I cant remember who did it. I think I have a copy.

I don't think it is white, but it can be made that way by taking part from the star forge robes.

Not sure about screens, I have to use a weird key combo and forget half the time.

I found it! It's part of Wotor (Weapons of the Old Republic), but it's not mentioned anywhere in the description, but I had the feeling it was by T7, and seems I was right :D

But thanks for your guesses.

Now i can keep modding without worries...

Ps:

I definitely have a lot of work to do with this:

post-10880-0-00122400-1465813287_thumb.jpg

Don't know what I was thinking when I did this horror x)

Well, I've been over some of the armors and managed to get some screenshots of decent quality so here's a little update on the work so far with better screenshots of the older versions as well for the sake of comparison, these aren't necessarily the final versions and, some still need their alpha channels, and some might get some extra tweaks but I'm rather satisfied as to how things are going (as you will see my Photoshop skills have improved a little [and xander2077's improvement of my mask does wonders too] :rolleyes: )

post-10880-0-40552100-1466041993_thumb.pngpost-10880-0-40859500-1466042001_thumb.png

ps: Tulak Hord's armor screenshots are inverted compared to the other armors, new version is on the left side, and old one on the right)

• Like 2

(Updated the screenshots again because the image was too small)

I'll be uploading it here after i've finished reworking all the armors, and update it on nexus as well, but i'd expect it to take a couple weeks since i have to prepare for my studies abroad next year as well.

Well, I've been over some of the armors and managed to get some screenshots of decent quality so here's a little update on the work so far with better screenshots of the older versions as well for the sake of comparison, these aren't necessarily the final versions and, some still need their alpha chanels, and some might get some extra tweaks but i'm rather satisfied as to how things are going (as you will see my photoshops skills have improved a little [and xander2077's improvement of my mask does wonders too] :rolleyes: )

attachicon.gifcomparaison1.pngattachicon.gifcomparaison2.png

ps: Tulak hord's armor screenshots are inversed compared to the other armors, new version is on the left side, and old one on the right)

Wow.. just wow.. :D

These add so much character to the otherwise identical Dark Jedi in different colored clothing..

I also like how you managed to create another version of the Sith Soldier style.

I really hope you can somehow customize these to show up on specific NPCs, like the Sith governor. ;)

Major improvement! How will one acquire these armors in-game?

Oh right, you meant ingame... x)

Well, i've been thinking about it,

-Both revan armors wouldn't make much sense lore wise unless they are the star forge / revan armor, but then i'd be rather late, so i'm still pondering about it.

-The sith soldier style i would most likely put on some elite sith soldier along with the helmet

-Darth bandon's is self explanatory

-Mandalore's the only way it would really make sense is to put it on solomon's revenge mandalore, but first i'd have to contact Silveredge about it, and i'd have to put in an alternative for those not using

Solomon revenge, maybe on on some mandalorian. (I'd love to add some extra juice for it, but i don't really have the knowledge nor time to make quests and add characters)

-Tulak hord's would be in his tomb,

-Then i haven't put up any screen shop but i have some mandalorian armors as well ( pauses to go get a screenshot).... i'll put them on some mandalorians or shops, main problem will be compatibility, i'll have to

check other mods.

post-10880-0-63118400-1466044704_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-98245700-1466044706_thumb.jpg

(these are the old versions, still don't know what changes i'll do to them)

And i'll see if i add any new armors, might do a red sith soldier version, and whatever other idea comes up, but only if i got the time for it.

• Like 2

Finished reworking the male version of the mandalorian armors:

- Red and Blue versions only received some small color adjustments, minor corrections and improvements, small differences to the helmets patterns to make them slightly different from each other, and better alpha channels, so they don't look that different from before:

post-10880-0-43777300-1466269477_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-68640000-1466269476_thumb.jpg

- But regarding the yellow version i was really dissatisfied with how it was before, it was a murky ugly yellow color that really didn't looked good, so i felt like doing something very different from before and gave it some major changes in style and give it an unique twist compared to the other two.

(and while I was at it I made it so it kind of matches Xander's version of teta's royal head band that I had a hard time matching with vanilla armors):

post-10880-0-73101200-1466270372_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-66008700-1466270373_thumb.jpg

Concerning the location of the armors in game here's what i've thought so far:

• Sith soldier items: Taris Sith governor
  • Darth bandon: Darth bandon fiber armor obviously.
  • Yellow mandalorian armor: replaces Cassus Fett Battle armor

(who's supposed to look like this:

Cassus_Fett_Strategist.jpg )

and not some weirdo wearing an ugly pink armor...

• Tulak Hord's in his tomb as said before
  • Either on BOSSR for those using it if SilverEdge agrees, or for other perhaps on the mandalorian commander in the shadowlands (How did he got it? dunno, but not like any place would really fit lore, and I wouldn't make him wear it, that would really be weird... unless he wanna be a pretender...)
  • Mandalorian blue robe could be used by jaggi instead of going to a duel to the death wearing normal clothes.
  • Mandalorian red armor could be on Sherruk (not sure if i would get him to actually wear it though, what do you think)

As for the Revan robes I still don't know since star forge is way too late and boring as an option.

But if you've got any suggestion, or think another location might be better, etc i'm all ears.

• Like 1

Can you edit the Star Forge robes to drop earlier than usual? Not many people like getting those really, and I always seem to just ignore them anyway. if not then there may be other robes or armor that most people don’t mind replacing, problem is they may already be default clothing for certain NPCs so I’m not sure how that goes, if it is just a texture or the actual body is the armor everyone else uses.

By the way, very nice improvements on the armor and the coloration. The folds look a lot better. I think you may have found a good method of recoloring them.

Can you edit the Star Forge robes to drop earlier than usual? Not many people like getting those really, and I always seem to just ignore them anyway. if not then there may be other robes or armor that most people don’t mind replacing, problem is they may already be default clothing for certain NPCs so I’m not sure how that goes, if it is just a texture or the actual body is the armor everyone else uses.

By the way, very nice improvements on the armor and the coloration. The folds look a lot better. I think you may have found a good method of recoloring them.

Yeah, some time in fine arts, actually learning how to use Photoshop and into digital painting etc does wonders xD

I did the old textures when I was a kid like 6 years ago, it had barely started touching GIMP (didn't use Photoshop at the time) and had to work with the mouse (I use a graphic tablet now).

These armors replace the Star forge robes model in appearance 2da, they're ugly to begin with and as you say you only get them pretty far into the game, so anyways the Revan's robes will replace them, but I wanted as you say an earlier chance to get them, but don't know what would fit the lore, maybe the Korriban bar merchant, or don’t know...

And by the way, I've been reading your masks overhaul topic more in detail, and getting to know better what you're doing since I just came back and noticed you're pretty new and still don't know many of the aspects of KotOR modding, so I wanted to give you a few tips to improve on your mod, I’ll send them to you by PM.

PS: Just noticed the Caucasian female characters somehow didn't got the right texture before and they ended up with the male textures, don't know how no one ever signaled it to me x)

• Like 1

Well, i've reworked most of the female armors expect the mandalorian ones, I'll get some screenshots later, but for now I wanted to ask your opinion on the female Darth Bandon armor (that didn't exist at all until now, don't remember exactly what drove me not to make one the first time):

post-10880-0-46360100-1466724742_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-11047000-1466724743_thumb.jpg

My doubts are regarding the bands falling from around the hips and the back of the shoulders, I thought of doing them this way as fabric, as the robe part of the original Darth Bandon's Robe, and by itself it doesn't look bad, but i feel it's kinda weird with the parts being completely hard (By the way, I hate how that model always have the front band clip with the legs, but i'd assume no one would have the spirits to animate it like Revan's flowing cape for it not to clip, so i'll live with it), so what do you guys think, do i leave it like that or texture it another way so it doesn't feel weird it being hard and rigid?

PS update: I reworked all the female armors but i noticed some small errors in some of them that i need to correct so i'll post their screens when i've fixed them, in the meanwhile here are the armors I consider done:

post-10880-0-29851400-1466964720_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-89089500-1466964720_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-08098100-1466964716_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-49589300-1466964721_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-21820500-1466964719_thumb.jpg

post-10880-0-89269200-1466964716_thumb.jpg

And here are the final 3:

post-10880-0-91211000-1466976790_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-09519800-1466976794_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-47828700-1466976795_thumb.jpg

A a lil comparison between old female white revan armor and the new one:

post-10880-0-39628600-1466976791_thumb.jpgpost-10880-0-00319000-1466976792_thumb.jpg

It was really terrible ºº

Now it's time to get into the item icons.

Edited by Seikan

Well, nice to hear :)

I'll be going abroad for a while (writing at the airport), so don't know how the mod will progress but I'll try downloading the game over there and get the tools to finish it, at least all the textures and icons are done do I just need to work on the gff files to implement the armors into the game and configure the TSL patcher, only compability problems I can think off will be with other mods modifying the pxbj column of the appearance.2da, so anything touching the Revan armors.

Hey, I've been playing with some ideas for possible new armors, and also been thinking about including mandalore's mask since Silveredge allowed usage of all his mods as long as he's credited, I might also try to contact T7 to include the Revan masks, but there was a more pressing matter in my mind...

Recently i started thinking about the Tulak hord's armor on females (and a new idea i'm toying with for males), and since these armors reveal the skin of the character, if you play a dark sides PC and your face turns all grey and messy it won't match the body anymore, so the only solution i can think of would be getting rid of the game style transitions for something more akin to "movie style ds transitions" where the skin color doesn't change, but that would in turn get into conflict with any pc and bastilla reskins since my dk transitions would overwrite them and i don't really feel like starting a serious reskin work on faces to make them on par with quality as to what other modders might offer when it comes to it, so I'm not quite sure what i'm gonna be doing about it, anyone has any suggestion?

Darth Revan's Mask is also in BoS:SR.

You could also make some game transitions skins for every skin variant to be used when your character is evil or make one version that doesn't show skin to use on every evil female.

The issue is that there's nothing in-game that allows to change the skin of the armor depending on your alignment, that's only possible with underwear and faces, making a separate armor without showing skin is an option I guess, though not my favorite (I'm planning on remaking the massassi ceremonial armor that shows a lot of skin, and it'd be a shame if dark siders didn't since it's actually more fitting to them), but could be the worst case scenario option I guess :0

I'll have to think about it.